“Stayed for Wedding” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Morristown, NJ
“Stayed for Wedding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Nice property, fairly new so it's in good shape. Very close to the airport which is good. The restaurant leaves a lot to be desired with both the food and staff (average at best). Front office staff is nice but they always seemed frantic when we interacted with them. Maid staff is kind of disaster. Cleaned the room ok but didn't leave us any towels. When we called them they told us we should go to the front desk to pick them up. Not good.

Stayed April 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Port Chester, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

What more do I say they clean the room but they leave a disgusting plugged filter in the HVAC unit for me to breath. It obviously hasn't been changed in months, just find it funny that this is where they skimp. I will always check filter in future and have a bad taste about Hilton now.....

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Panama City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed at the hotel for a total of six hours before my morning flight on Monday morning. Had to call the hotel several times about a courtesy shuttle from the Amtrak Station to the hotel which was only 1.5 miles away. The staff did not pick up the phone the seven of the nines I called, and informed me that the driver would be there in 20 minutes, try 40 minutes. On the positive side the rooms were clean and comfortable. I've stayed in 5 Hilton properties over the last 8 days and this was my least favorite.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Hartford, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel itself was well appointed and what one would expect from a Hilton. However, after waiting 45 minutes for the airport shuttle to pick me up while other hotel shuttles came and went several times - I just hopped in a cab - $5 and 4 minutes later there I was at the hotel. It took me longer to get to the hotel from the airport than my flight from BDL to BWI.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband, daughters, son-in-law and grandson where in Baltimore to be Guardian’s for my father-in-law’s WWII Honor Flight to the Washington DC memorials. It was a wonderful WONDERFUL trip, despite the excessive difficulties we had at this hotel.
Everyone except my husband and father-in-law arrived Thursday around noon. We checked into one of our rooms as the other was not yet ready. That was not a problem – it was before check in time. We set off to do sight-seeing in DC and checked into the other room when we got back to the hotel – around 1 a.m. At 3 a.m. the door to my room opened and the lights went on. It was my husband and father-in-law, who had just arrived and were supposed to be in a different room but were given keys to the room that my daughter, son-in-law and I were in. So at 3 a.m. my husband had to go back down to the desk and get a different room.
The next morning my other daughter checked out of her room (because we only needed 2 rooms) and moved into my room and I moved into my husband’s room. We set off for more sight-seeing in DC. While we were gone, the hotel staff opened my husband’s room and moved all of his and my father-in-laws belongings to a different room without any notice to any of us. When we got back to the hotel and they could not get into the room, they had to call engineering to open the door. After 30 minutes of waiting, engineering finally came up and said that isn’t the room they were in and told them their room was 4 floors away. In the meantime, my nearly 90 year old father-in-law is huffing and puffing and needing his breathing treatment that was in SOME room, but clearly not the room they started out in. They went up to the new room but the engineer said he couldn’t open the door because it wasn’t legal. We finally convinced him that my father-in-law NEEDED his meds and breathing treatment and he opened the door. ALL of the stuff was in the new room, including the meds which had been laid out in a certain order in the prior room but all tossed together in the new room so he didn’t know what was what any more. SO the meds had to be tossed and he had to open new ones.
My husband went down to the front desk and raised heck and was told they would “comp” a room for a night (Has not happened).
Later that day my daughter who had checked out of her room realized that she had forgotten her hang up clothes in the closet. Nothing had been turned in by housekeeping and they could not get ahold of anyone in the room to get the clothes from the closet(and of course….it’s not legal for them to open the door so she could get her clothes). For 4 days we talked to people at the desk about the missing clothes - none of who could help us AT ALL.
On the day of check out – I went to ask about the comp room since I had been charged for all the rooms on my bill only to be met with rudeness by the assistant manager who acted like she did not believe anything I was saying. I told her about them giving the wrong key out to start with then moving all the stuff from one room to another without letting anyone know, and the messed up meds and the missing clothes from my daughter’s room and the promise of a comp room. NONE of this stuff was dealt with. She basically told me she couldn’t take my word for it and she would have to have all this verified.
On top of that – the breakfast was not good, the supper was even worse and the bar prices were OUTRAGEOUS!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Recently we booked one night at this hotel to have a little more sleep before our morning flight from BWI. Room was clean, but no toilet paper roll. Phoned desk and within 15 minutes a replacement arrived. HBO guide was for March, but it was April! Quick dinner, unfriendly hostess, but a nice waitress, food was good. Morning breakfast buffet was another story :watery eggs, overcooked very greasy bacon and sausage, too dark toast, and just fair coffee. Front desk misinformed us about shuttle departure, luckily we caught the next one and were still on time for flight. Often we stay at Hampton Inns, less money, but better breakfast. We won't stay there again.

Room Tip: There was a large convention, so it was a little noisy on the second floor.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Hilton BWI Hotel about two weeks ago. I liked the hotel, it was very quiet and peaceful. The front desk was very warm, friendly, and helpful with my issue but I couldn't help but notice that they were standing behind the desk. I had an issue that needed immediate attention and although they were able to assist me with no problem, my issue took a while to be fixed and they were standing the whole time. I think that it is extremely mean and inhumane to have the front desk stand their whole work day. The Hilton is a Billion Dollar name/company, surely they can afford chairs or stools for their staff. I'm sure that the staff will still be able to do their jobs as efficiently sitting down as they do standing. They may even do it better! It was disturbing to watch them try to accommodate everyone, be warm and friendly, and keep a smile on their faces, knowing that they've been under those conditions for so many hours. They are not security officers, invest in chairs Hilton.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Pamela S, Manager at Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, yesterday
Mz T,

Thank you so much for the five star review. I am sorry that you feel that we are being inhumane by having our front desk staff stand while assisting our guests. It is customary in most hotel brands that the guest service agents stand while checking in guests and we do provide them with breaks and time to sit during their shift as well so please know that we care about our staff and their health.

Been to Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!