“Not our go-to hotel for the Baltimore area” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Airport Parking Package
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
New York City, New York
“Not our go-to hotel for the Baltimore area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I travel to the Baltimore area two or three times a year to visit her family and old friends. We are still trying to find a "go-to" hotel there, and now that we've been to the Hilton BWI twice, I can say with certainty that this is not going to be it.

Executive lounge is closed on the weekends. Bathrooms are small (even in the executive floor rooms, we were told). TV has a small number of working channels, and above say 30, the reception is terrible.

We were there Friday afternoon, and thankfully, the desk gave us some passes for the bar for a drink and some snacks. We came back later to have dinner and watch the Orioles-Royals game, but the one tv in the dining room was dark. Well, it took asking 5 different people and waiting 10 minutes before the right person could turn the thing on. Come on people, how hard is it to turn on a tv?

I understand that there was some convention in town, and maybe everyone was a little harried by watching after those folks. But my wife is a Diamond member, and we really didn't get the vip treatment and warmth from the staff that we've come to expect from a Hilton staff (with the exception of the bartender, who had a great sense of humor about it all).

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed at the BWI Hilton on our road trip to Florida. We were exhausted when we arrived at the hotel rom Albany and were very pleased we were checked in efficiently to a very attractive and quiet room. The staff were friedly and professional. We ate at the retaurant there and the food was excellent. There was an Honor Guard group at the bar and we were pleased to be so near to this wonderful group (who retired early needless to say) so we could thank them in person for their service.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
new york, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed at the hotel because a family member was getting married there on Saturday. I originally was going to stay just that evening. I added Friday evening, so I could spend the day in Baltimore with a friend who lives there. That worked out very well. It was very convenient to get back and forth to the city from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Okanagan Valley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I arrived at BWI and headed down to the hotel shuttle pick up area expecting that they just run on a schedule as they do at many airports. I was wrong. After waiting for a half hour and watching every other hotel shuttle on the planet pass me by, I called the hotel. They indicate that I should have called and said I should look out for an 'aloft' shuttle. So one drives by and I chase it down the terminal only to find out it isn't the right one, then have to run back when an actual Hilton shuttle shows up at the correct location! What a figgin mess! Anyways, I got to the hotel and things went a bit better. Check in was smooth. They hooked me up with free applies and a drink at the lounge. Although the lounge service was less than attentive, it was adequate. The room was nice and the bed was comfy. Although I would recommend it, they need to get their act together to earn a higher rating.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a awesome hotel.... The staff was friendly, the rooms were nice.... The best thing about the hotel is the Bar and Resturant.... the food was great..... The pool area we had a great time but i just wish the Jets was working other then that i would go back, this time it would be a planned trip

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at the Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport property while in town to see the Baltimore Ravens game. The property is beautifully decorated but is due for a renovation soon. The bar staff was awesome and very hospitable; specifically, Jessica, Chris, Jeff and Katie. These four staff members really made our stay and we would choose to stay here again because of them.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed here multiple times and the hotel staff is great. They are friendly & efficient. The rooms are comfortable and large enough to spread out. The wi-Fi is strong and consistent, which is critical for business travelers. I will definitely return.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!