“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel is great for the money. It's a little more expensive than Motel 6, but in the long run, you get what you pay for.......I think that my stay was fantastic! The beds are the best I've ever slept in! The staff was very helpful and courteous......I would DEFINITELY return.

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Location of the hotel is bit far from the Airport, but has good shuttle service. Quiet, clean. Large function rooms with relatively good services. We may come back for our next trip. Good access to near highways less traffic.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

mt airy, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel was excellent from arrival. The beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms were very clean. All of the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful. It was a very pleasant stay overall.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Light bulb out, one power outlet did not work. Shower head seemed corroded as if it needs a good soaking in cleaning solution. Shower had only 1 speed and 3 settings.. Speed was fast, mild pressure washer..? No complaints though, just came back from deployment and needed it! Haha Night staff seemed sleepy but happy to assist and even drove us to McDonalds! I forgot my brief case on the shuttle when dropped off at airport and called the hotel. Hotel staff were quick to contact the driver (Nicolas)and the driver was able to meet me and drop it off. I'm military and didn't have cash with me or they would all get tips! Thank you

• Stayed August 2014
Aurora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I thought I had written a review on this hotel when we first stayed here way back from November 22nd to 26th, 2007. I remember the hotel had just opened at that time; and, we absolutely loved the hotel back then. It was really nice and new: there were flat screen TV's, free parking and free WIFI. The flat screen TV's and free wifi were more rare back in 2007.

This time we were stayed from August 02nd to 05th. Again, free parking and free wifi. This time the hotel looked a bit dated. The Phillips flat screen TV did not look as good as those in some hotels today. The wifi worked pretty well; but, the rooms could use some updating.

The hotel was busy when we checked in late on Saturday night. Our first room had a toilet that scared the crap out of me (excuse the pun). We had just flown in and wanted to get something to eat; so, we switched to another room close by (the hotel was kind enough to leave us with both room keys to alow us to move our luggage).

The second room had some minor issues that were corrected while we were at dinner; but, the rooms were looking a bit dated. I am sure these were the same beds we slept in way back in 2007; as, they were a bit more worn out (still pretty comfy though). There is a small fridge in the room but no microwave. We were on the 4th floor, I believe. We overlooked the solar panels (I remember that view). A fire drill woke us up on Monday morning at around 9 AM. It was a nice sunny hot day; so, not a big deal (these things happen from time to time); but, there wasn't much organizaton to the evacuation of the hotel. A voice on the loud speaker did tell everyone to leave the building which was nice.

The next day, we saw some major water damage to the lobby ceiling. There were some rain storms that went through the area; but, it could also have been from the pool, fitness or laundry that are all on the seond floor that could have caused the water issues. It did not impact us at all.

Restaurants: There are a few nearby: Chillies, Ruby Tuesday's Cracker Barrel are the 3 we went to (all were good).

Malls/Airport: Arundell Mills Mall is about a 10 minutes drive from the hotel; and, the airport is less than 4 minutes away. That mall is huge. It took us all day Sunday to go through it all. There is a Cheesecake Factory near the Casino and I would also suggest the Nandos. Stay away from the Friday's in the area (a complete waste of anyone's time...worst service I have ever seen in my 2 visits there to date).

Overall, this is a good hotel. In a couple years, the renovations will be a must. Until that time, it is still a good place to stay.

Room Tip: I would expect a room on the highest floors would be the best.
Green Features: It is nice that the hotel uses solar power. I am not sure about any other environment friendly habits or processes. The toilets do not work very well; so, I would suggest they scrap that idea......it was a nice effor though....but, who wants a crappy experience, right?!
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've flown into BWI a number of times however this is my first time staying at this property. I arrived late and managed to still get an order of shrimp and grits from the restaurant before they closed. I was pleasantly surprised. After catching up on work I climbed into bed only to be greeted by a nice soft bed covered in crisp clean sheets. It was a great way to end an afternoon of travel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Pamela S, Manager at Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Sdf66,

Thank you for letting everyone know about your late night stay with us and how much you enjoyed your dinner of shrimp and grits and the comfort of the beds. You are our guest and welcome anytime to stay with us!!!
South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Since I was coming home from a 6-month deployment, I decided to spend a night at the Hilton, Baltimore, before continuing on my way. I booked my reservations online, and left the additional request to have "three blue M&Ms and a framed picture of bacon" on my nightstand as a joke. I was not disappointed! I walked into the room to find the M&Ms in a cup, with a framed picture of bacon, complete with the line "We are bacon you for a good review :)"! After somewhere between 24 and 48 hours of nonstop travel, this was a beautiful sight. The next day, after having the distinct pleasure to talk to the manager (Neal) to thank them for their phenomenal customer service, I had the opportunity to meet the people who made all my wildest dreams come true. Neal and Katie, thank you for your service! You made my stay at the Hilton more than just a night at another hotel, and really went above-and-beyond anything I would have expected! Five stars, and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Not just because of Neal and Katie, but also because the food and drinks are pretty great!

Room Tip: The Hilton BWI is right next to an airport, but I could not hear a single plane all night. The room...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Esemjay,

Wow bacon and blue m&m's!!!! I am so glad that Katie and Neal took care of you and made your coming home great. Please come back to see us when you are in the Baltimore area.

Been to Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!