I thought I had written a review on this hotel when we first stayed here way back from November 22nd to 26th, 2007. I remember the hotel had just opened at that time; and, we absolutely loved the hotel back then. It was really nice and new: there were flat screen TV's, free parking and free WIFI. The flat screen TV's and free wifi were more rare back in 2007.
This time we were stayed from August 02nd to 05th. Again, free parking and free wifi. This time the hotel looked a bit dated. The Phillips flat screen TV did not look as good as those in some hotels today. The wifi worked pretty well; but, the rooms could use some updating.
The hotel was busy when we checked in late on Saturday night. Our first room had a toilet that scared the crap out of me (excuse the pun). We had just flown in and wanted to get something to eat; so, we switched to another room close by (the hotel was kind enough to leave us with both room keys to alow us to move our luggage).
The second room had some minor issues that were corrected while we were at dinner; but, the rooms were looking a bit dated. I am sure these were the same beds we slept in way back in 2007; as, they were a bit more worn out (still pretty comfy though). There is a small fridge in the room but no microwave. We were on the 4th floor, I believe. We overlooked the solar panels (I remember that view). A fire drill woke us up on Monday morning at around 9 AM. It was a nice sunny hot day; so, not a big deal (these things happen from time to time); but, there wasn't much organizaton to the evacuation of the hotel. A voice on the loud speaker did tell everyone to leave the building which was nice.
The next day, we saw some major water damage to the lobby ceiling. There were some rain storms that went through the area; but, it could also have been from the pool, fitness or laundry that are all on the seond floor that could have caused the water issues. It did not impact us at all.
Restaurants: There are a few nearby: Chillies, Ruby Tuesday's Cracker Barrel are the 3 we went to (all were good).
Malls/Airport: Arundell Mills Mall is about a 10 minutes drive from the hotel; and, the airport is less than 4 minutes away. That mall is huge. It took us all day Sunday to go through it all. There is a Cheesecake Factory near the Casino and I would also suggest the Nandos. Stay away from the Friday's in the area (a complete waste of anyone's time...worst service I have ever seen in my 2 visits there to date).
Overall, this is a good hotel. In a couple years, the renovations will be a must. Until that time, it is still a good place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport Hotel is located less than 1 mile from the Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI) and is within driving distance to Baltimore's Inner Harbor, Annapolis, and Washington, DC. Whether traveling to Maryland on business or pleasure, the Hilton Baltimore/BWI Airport Hotel guests enjoy features such as an indoor swimming pool, state-of-the-art fitness center, coffee bar, wireless high speed internet access and a three meal signature restaurant. Come experience what the Hilton has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Baltimore Bwi Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Hilton Hotel Linthicum
- Baltimore Bwi Airport Hilton
- Hilton Linthicum Heights
- Linthicum Heights Hilton