“Starting to show some age” 4 of 5 stars

Airport Parking Package
Ranked #14 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersSilver level
Aurora, Canada
“Starting to show some age”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I thought I had written a review on this hotel when we first stayed here way back from November 22nd to 26th, 2007. I remember the hotel had just opened at that time; and, we absolutely loved the hotel back then. It was really nice and new: there were flat screen TV's, free parking and free WIFI. The flat screen TV's and free wifi were more rare back in 2007.

This time we were stayed from August 02nd to 05th. Again, free parking and free wifi. This time the hotel looked a bit dated. The Phillips flat screen TV did not look as good as those in some hotels today. The wifi worked pretty well; but, the rooms could use some updating.

The hotel was busy when we checked in late on Saturday night. Our first room had a toilet that scared the crap out of me (excuse the pun). We had just flown in and wanted to get something to eat; so, we switched to another room close by (the hotel was kind enough to leave us with both room keys to alow us to move our luggage).

The second room had some minor issues that were corrected while we were at dinner; but, the rooms were looking a bit dated. I am sure these were the same beds we slept in way back in 2007; as, they were a bit more worn out (still pretty comfy though). There is a small fridge in the room but no microwave. We were on the 4th floor, I believe. We overlooked the solar panels (I remember that view). A fire drill woke us up on Monday morning at around 9 AM. It was a nice sunny hot day; so, not a big deal (these things happen from time to time); but, there wasn't much organizaton to the evacuation of the hotel. A voice on the loud speaker did tell everyone to leave the building which was nice.

The next day, we saw some major water damage to the lobby ceiling. There were some rain storms that went through the area; but, it could also have been from the pool, fitness or laundry that are all on the seond floor that could have caused the water issues. It did not impact us at all.

Restaurants: There are a few nearby: Chillies, Ruby Tuesday's Cracker Barrel are the 3 we went to (all were good).

Malls/Airport: Arundell Mills Mall is about a 10 minutes drive from the hotel; and, the airport is less than 4 minutes away. That mall is huge. It took us all day Sunday to go through it all. There is a Cheesecake Factory near the Casino and I would also suggest the Nandos. Stay away from the Friday's in the area (a complete waste of anyone's time...worst service I have ever seen in my 2 visits there to date).

Overall, this is a good hotel. In a couple years, the renovations will be a must. Until that time, it is still a good place to stay.

Room Tip: I would expect a room on the highest floors would be the best.
Green Features: It is nice that the hotel uses solar power. I am not sure about any other environment friendly habits or processes. The toilets do not work very well; so, I would suggest they scrap that idea......it was a nice effor though....but, who wants a crappy experience, right?!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've flown into BWI a number of times however this is my first time staying at this property. I arrived late and managed to still get an order of shrimp and grits from the restaurant before they closed. I was pleasantly surprised. After catching up on work I climbed into bed only to be greeted by a nice soft bed covered in crisp clean sheets. It was a great way to end an afternoon of travel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Pamela S, Manager at Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Sdf66,

Thank you for letting everyone know about your late night stay with us and how much you enjoyed your dinner of shrimp and grits and the comfort of the beds. You are our guest and welcome anytime to stay with us!!!
South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Since I was coming home from a 6-month deployment, I decided to spend a night at the Hilton, Baltimore, before continuing on my way. I booked my reservations online, and left the additional request to have "three blue M&Ms and a framed picture of bacon" on my nightstand as a joke. I was not disappointed! I walked into the room to find the M&Ms in a cup, with a framed picture of bacon, complete with the line "We are bacon you for a good review :)"! After somewhere between 24 and 48 hours of nonstop travel, this was a beautiful sight. The next day, after having the distinct pleasure to talk to the manager (Neal) to thank them for their phenomenal customer service, I had the opportunity to meet the people who made all my wildest dreams come true. Neal and Katie, thank you for your service! You made my stay at the Hilton more than just a night at another hotel, and really went above-and-beyond anything I would have expected! Five stars, and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Not just because of Neal and Katie, but also because the food and drinks are pretty great!

Room Tip: The Hilton BWI is right next to an airport, but I could not hear a single plane all night. The room...
Dear Esemjay,

Wow bacon and blue m&m's!!!! I am so glad that Katie and Neal took care of you and made your coming home great. Please come back to see us when you are in the Baltimore area.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed at this hotel in the past and really enjoyed it so decided to stay again. All in all I would stay again good location, free parking and nice room with a fridge. We had to switch rooms since the first one had a toilet that was not working. No big deal we moved two door down. The new room had a locked safe and the entry lights were out. Again this was fixed while we were out that same evening. The second night we were there the power had gone out in the night, what made this challenging was that the bathroom has a very poor layout with the toilet hidden behind the door. Can't see anything if there is no lights!
The next morning we were awakened by a fire alarm and announcement that there was a fire in the hotel and that we had to leave immediately. Of course being awoken was bad enough but to here there is a fire was even worse. We quickly left and headed towards the stairs to exit. When we reached the last level it was clear we were coming out at the employee exit/entrance. All the housekeeping staff were hovering by the door, blocking the exit. We had to squeeze our way out. While we waited there was no communication, no order, nothing. No management staff etc. My husband and I both work at large companies and have emergency plans with appointed staff that act as captain or lead clearly identified by a safety vest. We thought this was strange that no such procedure was in place for a hotel. I think there should be some better communication on this type of emergency. We are young but if some older people were there then that would have been really difficult.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ZayM,

Thank you for making us aware of your recent stay with us as it appears there were issues and concerns that needed to be brought to the attention of management and again I thank you for that. Please contact Charles. Shields@hilton.com so that he can discuss your stay with you.
Modesto, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel should be ok when the work is completed and the gym back open. The location is very nice I go back and forth to Philadelphia and Washington so this is a middle location and BWI is a great airport to fly out of.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Richard R,

Thanks for submitting your review of your recent stay with us. We have completed the work in both the lobby and the gym and it is up and running for guest use, but we are constantly improving so we will be working in our gift shop until the end of the month just so that you are aware.
burlingame, kansas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past 8 months. Each time I have stayed; there has been a problem with getting my room cleaned on a timely basis. Twice; my room was not serviced until after 5pm. Since I have stayed at this hotel frequently, I have also called to get some type of discount on the room rate. I'm told there is no special reduced rates for customers that stay frequently. As a result, I will probably not use this Hilton hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Earl H,

I am sorry to hear that you are not willing to stay at a Hilton again based on your recent stay with us. As a full service Hilton we offer housekeeping service until 11pm for our guests which includes stayover service up until 5pm so I apologize that your room was cleaned later than that as it is our policy to service rooms while guests are out for the day. In order to get a discounted rate at this location you will need to contact our Sales Department and they will discuss rate plans with you, so I hope that you will reconsider coming back to stay with us now that I have answered your questions and concerns.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel staff was attentive to details and assisted with last minute changes to expand our Conference Group. The Hotel was clean and the Conference Staff went that extra step to make our Conference a success. From the front desk to housekeeping, everyone was polite and friendly, willing to go the extra mile to accommodate our needs.

• Stayed July 2014
Pamela S, Manager at Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Steve A,

Thank you for the lovely review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that your accomodations and the staff were both great and know that we appreciate you being a loyal member.

Been to Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!