“Never again.” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Richmond, Virginia
“Never again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My family and I stayed at this Hilton over the weekend. We have very dear friends in the military who are moving to Germany and we made the drive up from southern Virginia to spend the weekend with them before they flew out of BWI. When I made reservations I had requested adjoining rooms so our children could play together easily without all of us crammed into one hotel room. We arrived and the man checking us in was extremely rude and said there was absolutely no way we could have an adjoining room as there was a large family reunion staying there this weekend. OK, not a big deal...what about the same floor at least? Nope. And again, incredibly rude. After arriving on Friday evening we spent all day Saturday exploring the National Mall. A fun, but exhausting day with toddlers. Once we returned to our room I called down for more towels and washcloths, twice, within a 2 hour span. Never received the towels. Our bathroom tiles had mold growing in spots as did the shower curtain (room 926 if management would like to check out the situation). We had reserved the room for two nights and only wound up staying one. Still paid our full amount for the two nights, and after seeing our friends off for their 11:30pm flight we were walking out of our room to see our towels being delivered to the room across from us, which was EMPTY. So I'm not sure why we couldn't have stayed closer to our friends, and the housekeeping woman played it off that she was delivering extra towels to an empty room, after I watched her knock and say "housekeeping". She noticed I was watching her and asked if the towels were for us? I said yes, I had called down three hours ago for them. And she just chuckled to herself and saw we were leaving and made a comment about us not apparently needing them anymore. I was disgusted. I would never stay at this hotel again. Horrible.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Pamela S, Manager at Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear CassiePA,

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve that. Thank you once again for your comments

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I had an early morning flight out of BWI so I stayed at the Hilton BWI. It's a newer Hilton and after having such a great experience with the new Hilton in Columbus, OH, I expected this to be just as good and it was. The hotel is new (not exactly sure when it was built) but it looks great. Lobby is large and modern. The nicest woman I have ever experienced checked me in. I wish I had gotten her name. I was on the 10th floor in a corner room. Granted the views aren't great but airport hotels aren't about the view. Room was very nice & clean. Only negative was I didn't care for the layout of the bathroom. The bathroom door opens into the bathroom and when you open it, the toilet is directly behind it. First time I walked into the bathroom, I wondered where the toilet was. I thought to myself "Hmmm...is this one of those new hotel rooms without a toilet I've been hearing so much about?". I finally looked behind the door and saw the toilet. Not a big deal but just unexpected.

Bed was super comfortable and I never heard anyone in the hallway or next door. It was super quiet. I would've liked to see more accessible outlets by the bed. This is a pet peeve of mine and I would expect a newer hotel to have multiple outlets that are easily accessible by the bed. Extra points if they also have a USB outlet by the bed. The fitness center is well equipped and maintained.

I love when a hotel just does everything well. The Hilton BWI does a great job of making sure your stay is comfortable & easy and uneventful.

Dear Scooterred71,

Thank you for submitting your review of your recent stay with us and let me apologize for the bathroom layout as a number of our guests are surprised by the toilet behind the door but find the room quite functional. I am glad that everything else made your stay enjoyable and we hope to see you again soon when you are in the Baltimore area.
York Haven, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice hotel 5-10 minute drive from BWI long-term parking. They also offer a free shuttle and $8 a day parking when you are not staying there, we just did not use that option. Check in/out was quick and easy. Room was modern and very clean. Quiet place, great to catch a good nights sleep before an early flight, especially in the comfortable king bed.

Room Tip: Go king room. Roomy, has a desk and fridge, not sure if the other rooms do. The bed was way comforta...
Green Features: Green options available for linens, etc. Only stayed one night so we could not take advantage of them as we always do.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Gary S,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and also giving everyone all the great tips to a wonderful stay at our hotel. Please be sure to stay with us again for your next park and fly trip.
Cleveland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very expensive, but that is to be expected when staying at a hotel near an airport. Dont rely on their room service menu or hours for room service, as they are far from reliable. Rooms were impeccably clean with plenty of soaps/towels/etc. Wifi signal was great and reliable. Elevators are among the fastest I have ever seen.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Chris H,

Sorry for the in room menus and pricing as we have just changed our daily menus and are waiting for the new menu items to be added to replace what we have in the rooms. I am glad that you found the other accomodations to be suitable during your stay
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Probably nicest hotel I have stayed in the BWI area.

I held a small meeting here. Catering staff was outstanding and everything was seamless.

I found the restaurant to be very good. I ate their 4 days straight, and the food was definitely at a much higher level than plenty of the other hotels I have stayed at.

Gym is really nice. Enjoyed a great workout each morning.

Make sure to call the shuttle when you land. It took about 20 minutes for the shuttle to pick me up from the airport. It was an $8.00 cab ride going back.

Dear Sttcarrie,

Thanks for the five star review, It really is great to share with the team a review like yours that shows them that hard work pays off and we will continue to work hard to remain your favorite hotel in Baltimore.
West Orange, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here last weekend while in the Baltimore area. It was basically what you would expect from a Hilton. Everything was very clean and neat, the staff were friendly and got our room sorted quickly when we arrived.

A big part of the lobby when you enter the hotel seemed empty, not sure if they were setting up for a conference or something, but it just seemed oddly empty of furniture and people, other than 1 little table with a computer on it.

The room was great, mini fridge, nice tv, the usual hilton bed setup. Shower was a little smaller than usual but that does tend to vary from Hilton to Hilton a bit.

They comped us internet and breakfast for the duration of our stay. The buffet was exactly the same as always at the Hilton - very tasty and unlimited bacon!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sam C,

Thank you for submitting your recent review of your stay with us. It appears that you found the accomdations to your liking and you are more than welcome for the breakfast and free internet.
Dallas, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Always stay at BWI Hilton when in Baltimore area, convenient location, great shuttle service to airport, from desk staff is great, especially Leon. The Ladies in the executive lounge are the best providing great service. The service provided by the staff is great. Rooms are very nice, clean and the beds are very comfortable.

Dear Kenny L,

Thank you for the lovely five star review!!! I am glad that Leon was able to make your stay enjoyable along with the ladies in the lounge. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Brand

Been to Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!