BWI Hilton is like many airport hotels I have visited. Heavily visited. As a result there is some degree of evidence in the wear and tear of the hotel. But fares far better than many have been....the lobby is not very grandiose comparative to other full service Hilton's nor compared to some of the other local properties (Marriott, Sheraton both have nicer feel when you arrive).
I found the room to be slightly above average, typical furniture that many of the Hilton's contain. One thing I immediately did not like was the placement of the desk in relation to TV. Just a personal preference, I like to be able to watch TV while working.....and it did not twist far enough for me to easily do that....more of a sideways glance.
The gym facilty they have is very good, far better than majority of Full Service Hiltons. They have a couple tv's that you can watch as well as the TV's on the cardio equipment. Very much I like....was surprised at how nice it was.........and wish more of the Hilton's would have a gym like this one.
The hotel staff is what makes the hotel stand out. Particularly impressed by the individual that ran the shuttle service. Quite friendly and helpful, he happily took me to a couple places where I needed to attend meetings, and of course back and forth to airport. This saved me some money on a cab and probably more importantly he knew where to go...The hotel is a bit difficult to locate...and when going to meetings I was able to answer emails till we got where I needed to go. I love that.......
Lastly the proximity to airport (many others in area are the same) is something that is quite advantageous on a short trip.....
Food at the property was ok. As a gold member I was disappointed the Executive Lounge was not open on Friday evening or all day Saturday.......they don't see value in opening it for the HH members then..........???? That was the largest drawback for me, though that won't apply to all others it does signal they don't really expect weekend travellers..........which I think is an oversight. One thing they did do is give me breakfast coupons, however again as a Gold member I typically get these anyway.
Overall though I would visit again, particularly if in middle of week to the immediate vicinity.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Baltimore Bwi Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Hilton Baltimore Bwi Airport Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Linthicum
- Baltimore Bwi Airport Hilton
- Hilton Linthicum Heights
- Linthicum Heights Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport Hotel is located less than 1 mile from the Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI) and is within driving distance to Baltimore's Inner Harbor, Annapolis, and Washington, DC. Whether traveling to Maryland on business or pleasure, the Hilton Baltimore/BWI Airport Hotel guests enjoy features such as an indoor swimming pool, state-of-the-art fitness center, coffee bar, wireless high speed internet access and a three meal signature restaurant. Come experience what the Hilton has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.