My family and i decided that even though school was session that we wanted to get away for a weekend of relaxation and a little fun.We normally stay at The Marriott or Marriott brand hotels so this was our first time at Country Inn and Suites. The rate was great which lead us to give them a try. When we arrived to check in there was a little bit of a wait but the lady who checked us in was very nice and was eager to check us in. The room was very clean. The bathroom was average size but very clean as well.The televisions in the rooms are the old tube kind and we didnt find any options to order movies to in room checkout. However we were provided with FREE internet. Parking was also FREE which is always a plus. There is also FREE breakfast which consisted of waffles, eggs,sausage, pastries, muffins, fruit, cereal and other breakfast items. I must say that I was very impressed with the breakfast offerings. The business center/ computer in the lobby was out of order. I normally dont rate hotels on customer service alone but because the sole purpose of this trip was relaxation, customer service was a key factor here.
My children were eager to make there way to the pool. My sister and I were also ready to hit the hot tub. There is where our stay went horribly wrong. As soon as we entered the pool area we noticed the lifeguard sitting by the door. As we walked in I smiled and said "Good morning." He didnt reply and just turned his head and went back to using his tablet. Wow. After we were ready to get in, I walked over to the hot tub with my 1 year old on my hip. I just wanted to stick my foot in to feel the temp of the water. The Lifeguard yells out "No, you cant get in there! Puzzled i said "I'm sorry?" He yelled again (only about 3 feet from me) "You yes! Baby No and pointed to the sign behind him that stated that she needed to be 4 to use the hot tub" I said Ok . I then asked him if the pool was heated and what the temp was, He replied in a loud voice "huh! I dont know 82? At this point i felt as though i was bothering him or something. There were several times that he yelled out at the kids in anger because the were playing "Marco Polo" because it seemed as though they were distracting him from using his tablet.The final straw was when I inquired as to whether or not the lifeguard was available during all pool hours.He replied with a look of anger and disgust "Yes! the pool cant be open without one and went back to looking at the tablet again. There were many other times during out time at the pool that he kept making faces at us as though were annoying him! I just decided that we would just go back to the room and get ready for lunch. This may not seem like a big deal to some but his demeanor and interaction with us ruined out whole weekend. The kids just wanted to enjoy themselves but instead they found themselves trying not to disturb the lifeguard!!! i he didnt want to work that day, he should have called out sick. Period! This experience really left me with a sour feeling of Country Inn and Suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Country Inn & Suites BWI Airport hotel in Baltimore is just two miles from Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport and convenient to Downtown Baltimore, Annapolis, Washington D.C. and the Baltimore Washington Parkway. Located in the BWI Hotel District in Linthicum, Maryland, this Country Inn & Suites is convenient to a number of area businesses and attractions. Guests are sure to enjoy this Linthicum hotel's convenient location, comfortable accommodations and customer-centered service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Country Inns & Suites BWI Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inns & Suites Bwi Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Country Inns And Suites Bwi Airport
- Country Inn Linthicum
- Country Inn Bwi Airport
- Linthicum Country Inn