“Typical Cracker Barrel” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Austin, TX
“Typical Cracker Barrel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Food here is the typical CB fare, good preparation and delivery speed, with food warm to hot. Vegetable plate with drink is about $9. Staff professionalism varies widely, with most very good to excellent. This place is really busy, with 15 min or more evening meal wait on 2014-07-22.

“Always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

You can't go wrong for some good southern comfort food. Plus, we always enjoy shopping there for fun things.

Seaford, Virginia
“Not up to normal CB standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I have never had a bad experience at the many Cracker Barrels I have eaten at throughout the country, until this morning. There were 4 of us and all the breakfast meals were cold as if they had been sitting on a counter for a long time I never can understand why the person who takes your order doesn't serve the food. The second wait person had no idea who ordered what and most of it was served "family style" = all thrown together on one big plate (biscuits, bacon, etc). They were really busy so that may explain a lot but will avoid this one if ever stuck at BWI airport again and go elsewhere. I was asked 4 times if I wanted to talk to the manager, but I observed the waitress pass on our complaints to the manager and he just walked away and ignored us, Yeah..........maybe the root of the problem?

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
1 Thank TGSwanson
Douglas, GA
“Worst Cracker Barrel I've ate at”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I had probably the worst eating experience ever tonight at the Cracker Barrel near BWI airport. I ordered the campfire chicken and the potatoes and carrots were nearly as hard as a rock and the chicken didn't quite looked cooked enough so I asked for another. Well the second campfire chicken was brought and it was slightly better, but still it was undercooked as was the chicken. The meat near the bone was still red and pink and definitely not cooked. I let the server know and she said she would let the manager know and that it was happening often as this has been so popular of a meal that the meal isn't cooked long enough because they are trying to keep up with orders. Not exactly what she should have said, but I was pleased she was being truthful, but I still paid for my meal in full. Lastly I ordered a coca cola cake to hopefully end on a good note and it was hard on the inside and not good other than the soft part on one side. So lets just say if it could go wrong it did at this visit and they really need to get their stuff together regarding what they send out to eat. I ate with a friend and they ordered the trout and he said it was great so I just think I had an unlucky night as well as they need cook the campfire chicken properly and all would be well. Hope this helped!

2 Thank wofiii
Beltsville, Maryland
“Excellent food, at a very good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Typical Cracker Barrel, great food, outstanding service and a good price. This place was, and is very busy, being close to the airport, but the service is still outstanding and the food hot and fresh.

Visited March 2014