“Best egg salad - tasty food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Linthicum, MD
“Best egg salad - tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Get their egg salad. Best in MD. Sandwiches are overstuffed on the bread of your choice. I heard the barbecue is awesome as well. They have a great breakfast also. Great pancakes, eggs, and more. They also have ice cream, milkshakes, and snowballs. Great service as well. Everything cooked and prepared to order so freshness is guaranteed. You can see the kitchen from the order counter and it looks clean. Locally owned. My only issue is the eating area could be a little cleaner. The tables were a little sticky.

Visited March 2014

Linthicum, Maryland
“Local Lunch Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Bernie's is located in the end unit of a depressing strip mall from the 60s. Despite the appearance and location, this breakfast/lunch/early dinner spot is clean, neat, quiet, and value for money. I’ve eaten here 6 – 8 times over the last few years and always have a positive experience. The burgers (my favorite) are huge. They do sandwich specials each day. It might be a fried ham with cole slaw on a Kaiser roll with fries and a drink for $6.99 or BBQ with sides another day. There are usually 2 – 3 specials. Breakfast is fine. (What can you mess up bacon and eggs?) Everything is made to order. They seems to have a loyal following of regulars. Not yet tried their dinners, since they close up about 6 or 7 pm, but I next time I go, will try a Korean dish.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Elora, TN
“Awesome place to eat during the week and dance on the weekends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My family of 5 (with children ages 1, 4, and 6) traveled to Gatlinburg and came across this gem of a restaurant. Our waitress was friendly and informative with great suggestions when asked. We were seated at tables that are apparently removed on the weekends to transform that area into a dance floor with dj table and lights included. Our children felt free to get up from their seats and dance to the music and it was entirely acceptable etiquette in this environment. Our food came, and I was not honestly expecting much from this night club turn restaurant but I was sooooooo wrong. I ordered the fajitas which came out on a sizzling plate (like most places) much to the delight on my kids. I am a "foodie", which is why I wasn't expecting much from this joint. Let me say that my combo steak/chicken fajitas were so good I would have LICKED THE GRIDDLE they came on if it wouldn't have burned me! MY husband ordered a "Black Bear Burger" (or something like that). Our informative waitress told us that all their burgers are made with fresh sirloin daily, as well as all menu items being made fresh. (As a foodie this surprised me and made me not have high hopes for my food because the menu is HUGE. Most quality restaurants have small menus to focus on quality rather than quantity). The burger was amazing says my burger-eating honey! To the chef at Bernie's: JOB WELL DONE! My kids got their stinkin' chicken fingers with well seasoned fries (When, exactly, do kids start eating like their parents?) and I got a surprisingly FANTASTIC meal! We will be back! Maybe on the weekend without the kids. (BTW, the whole place was clean and the restrooms fancy for a "dig".)

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Linthicum Heigts, MD
“Great Cheese Steak Sub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Their beef vege soup is homemade and delicious. It is a typical sub shop with the addition of some Korean specialties like Bulgogi and some Teriyaki dishes. The owners (staff of husband and wife) are very nice and congenial. Background music is Christian rock. There is plenty of seating. Very busy during lunch time. They also serve the typical breakfast. Opens at 7:00 a.m. and closes at 7:00 p.m.

Visited April 2012
Linthicum Heights, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Deli food with variety to include Asian cuisine!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

I am getting addicted to the food. The first time I visited, I ordered a chicken salad sandwich. It was hearty and tasty. Next I tried the fried flounder and was I ever satisfied. I continued to alternate sandwich types, then decided on one of my visits to try the shrimp salad. Wow! All I can say is, if you are from Maryland, you will especially appreciate the old bay flavoring, hearty shrimp size and taste. I've gotten hooked on Bernie's food. My biggest challenge is whether to get something I've ordered before or to try something new. Either way, I know I will be satisfied.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere