“Great food at reasonable cost” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dallas, Texas
“Great food at reasonable cost”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Good range of Italian food options and we all liked what we got. I was with some of my family members who are deaf and the staff here were very accommodating and patient with the inconveniences of taking orders from customers who were having to go through some translating. The people here are top notch and they serve delicious food at super prices.

Visited July 2013
Carmelos419, Manager at Carmelo's, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
We appreciate you business and we are glad you enjoyed your dine in experience. Accommodating our guests is never an inconvenience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Baltimore, Maryland
“HOPEFULLY IT WAS AN OFF NIGHT”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was our first time eating at Carmelo's and I hope that it was just an off night. The veal parmigiana was dry, tough, and over cooked. The Lasagna was bland with a gummy texture to the pasta. Both the veal and lasagna were topped with very thick slabs of mozzarella cheese that did not add to the taste or appeal of either dish. Also, the addition of pepper flakes to the garlic bread was a very unwelcome surprise as no one in our party likes hot peppers. Most of the other diners were ordering pizza which I have been told by others is very good. If we visit again we'll go for the pizza!

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Carmelos419, Manager at Carmelo's, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We are sorry about your recent dine in experience. Please come back and visit us soon. We hope to make up for our bad night. We always appreciate new customers and look forward to seeing you here again.
Virginia
“Great, Hidden Lunch Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I stopped in here after another place we were going to was closed on Sundays. What a gem! The food is reasonably priced and the service was top notch! I had the Cheeseburger and my girlfriend the Cheesesteak. Both sandwiches came with fries and a drink! Food tasted great and my girlfriend even got a Valentine's Carnation!

Will definitely be back again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
baltimore
“Local Pizza spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My family and I have dined at Carmelo's numerous times. It is a laid back spot. They serve whole pizza's, and by the slice.They serve pasta dishes and salad's, and sandwiches and subs. They have a pretty good cheesesteak too! They are priced average. We will continue to stop in for lunch or dinner.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Linthicum Heights, Maryland
“"Hey, I like this place!"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

OK, the atmosphere won't knock you out, but this is a great neighborhood joint, and I'm a regular. Ask the servers to go light on sauces and they pass this along. Also, the sandwiches are very tasty, and the bruchetta w/ crab is quite nice. The calimari w/ linguini is chewy - just the way I like it.

And now - the pizza - fabulous! The veggie is loaded with tomato, broccoli, onions, etc. and light on the sauce. The meat pizza w/ three toppings (we got pepperoni, saussage, and ham) was done just right. You'll pay more for pizza here than at Domino's or Papa John's, but it's worth every penny.

The servers are friendly and casual. It's a good restaurant to have in Linthicum and I'm glad it's here.

• Visited January 2013