“A very pleasant 5 night stay, with no cause whatever for complaint.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport

Special Offer
Park, Stay, & Go
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Petaluma
“A very pleasant 5 night stay, with no cause whatever for complaint.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

The service was excellent; all members of the hotel staff were friendly, polite, helpful, unfailingly accommodating, and without exception went to any length the situation required to be of assistance. The room was large and comfortable, and kept clean throughout our stay. The hotel was a convenient distance from the airport and rail station, and at all times provided excellent shuttle bus service.

It is difficult to say what I liked best since everything was enjoyable and everybody was uniformly pleasant. If I must say what I liked least, it was the fact that the bathtub did not have an adequate stopper - - - hardly something meriting a serious complaint. Yet the hotel personnel made every effort to remedy the situation.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
rlubinski, Marketing Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2010
Thank you for your kind and thoughtful review of our hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Columbia, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

The staff was extremely accomadating. After 3 days of meetings we had a dinner scheduled in the meeting room for the final group. We finished a little early and went to the bar for a drink. Since it was much nicer in the bar, we asked the staff if they could serve our dinner in the bar instead of the meeting room. The staff gratiously adapted to our request and we enjoyed an excellent dinner in the bar.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
It was a pleasure hosting the NAAB Committee Meetings. Thanks for the wonderful comments! We would be delighted to host any upcoming meetings or conferences.
Glen Burnie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

To be able to treat my wife to a couple of days of getting away from 8 children and 12 grandchildren so she could enjoy her birthday weekend was great! But the bigger surprise was the set up of the room in which we stayed. I don't believe comfortable begins to describe the mind & body relaxation we've experienced during our stay. Thanks for allowing us to share our thoughts and thanks in advance for the free night coupon you didn't know you were sending us, we really appreciate it! God Bless! One more thing, special thanks to the great staff that welcomed us when we arrived. They were very, very courteous and attentive and answered all our questions.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
rlubinski, Marketing Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 21, 2010
We truly appreciate your kind review. Please call us anytime you need another relaxing weekend away. We look forward to seeing you and your wife again soon!
Chicago,IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

1. I have been coming to this HI at BWI for about 2 years now and everytime I come, I am always greeted sincerely.
2. Malcom and Brian at the Front Desk are extremely efficient and caring with the check in process.
3.Tammy and Deb for breakfast are always cheerful.
4. Lew and Evelyn at the Bar and restaurant are always refreshing after a hard day's work.
5. I have made this HI my home away from home when in Baltimore.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
rlubinski, Marketing Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2010
Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to know our hotel has been your home away from home for more than two years. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Montgomery Village, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

Stayed here the night of a friends wedding (they had the reception in the ballrooms of the Holiday Inn). Good location, easily accessible from the DC area, but not much around it. Excellent bartenders working the wedding. We had a BLAST at the wedding. Room was clean, and it was clear this hotel had been recently remodled. The service at the restaurant was awful. I went to get carry out to bring my food back up to my room. The chicken sandwich was good, but overpriced (9.00), and it took literally a half hour to make. The hostess who brought me my sandwich apparantly is not allowed to give change, so she had to get some other guy to do that. Apparantly the restaurant doesn't have money on hand, because he had to go to the front desk to get change. Maybe he was having a bad day, as he seemed annoyed that he had to bother with a customer. This took another 5 minutes. So 35 minutes later I am finally heading up with the sandwich.
A/C unit was broken, which was interesting because when we were checking in, the lady that was checking out, also complained of a malfunctioning A/C unit. The toilet would run continuously unless you woud manually shift the handle back in the up position.
My wife hated the pillows, so you might want to bring your own. All in all it's a decent hotel, you won't get luxury, but if you just need a place to crash, it will do.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

My husband and I stayed one night at this hotel. There was one purpose to stay at this hotel and that was to be near the airport. I ALWAYS check reviews for hotels and this one had average ratings and some said that it had be updated. We took a risk for one night- I had never stayed in a Holiday Inn, only an Express and the rates were cheap. When we arrived, we were given our room key... the lobby and hall ways looked average, but definetely needed to be vacuumed. When we got to the room, it also looked average, but the tub was gross... GROSS...! On our way down to ask for another room, someone had a dog staying in their room and it was barking loudly and scratching on the door... this was at 1:00am... I felt bad for the other guests on that floor. The new room that we were given was exactly the same, but the bathtub was a little cleaner... I guess when they remodeled, they forgot the new bathtubs.... YUCK!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

My husband and I searched for a hotel that we could stay in with our 3 kids ages 18,14, and 12 for a recent trip to Baltimore to attend 2 games at Camden Yards to watch the Red Sox play. It was a good location to Camden yards, but that is all that was good about it. The hall way where our room was is gross looking, very musty smelling. The room itself was okay, relatively clean. However we did not have the rollaway bed we requested when I made the reservation. We had to call for it late at night when we returned to the hotel. Which took at least a half hour-45 min. to get. Once they brought it to us they asked us if we needed sheets, pillows, blanket???? What??? How would my son sleep on the bed without linens?? We then had to wait even longer for them to bring the linens.
We had 4 towels, with 5 people in the room. We called for more. Along with the fact I didnt realize this hotel allowed people to bring their pets for the night!! All night long we could here a dog barking in the room next door to us. We couldnt believe it.
The next day (and the next morning) when we woke up to shower we all had a luke warm/cold shower. We left for the games and returned to our hotel and nobody came to replace the towels we used and nobody took the wet towels we did use that morning. We called for more towels to shower. Now here with are with a pile of damp towels. It was ridiculous. My husband was so annoyed he took the towels and threw them into the hallway,as we saw that is what the other quests were doing. They didnt come to make the beds or tidy up, which was fine we can live without that but, not replaceing towels just seems odd to me.I would never recommend this hotel to stay. I know we will return to Baltimore one day, you can be sure we will never stay here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!