“Great for Airport Shuttle Service” 4 of 5 stars

Park, Stay & Fly
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Certificate of Excellence 2014
United, Pennsylvania
“Great for Airport Shuttle Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

We stayed the night before our early a.m. flight out to Cancun. Very clean room. We had an executive king room with sofa. Very large bathroom. The airport shuttle leaves every 30 minutes for BWI. It was right on time. WHen we arrived back from the trip, we called on the courtesy phone in the airport and the shuttle was there within 15 minutes. Very professional and friendly drivers. We will stay here again for sure.

• Liked — Airport Shuttle
  • Disliked — No Concerns
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

well worth the price, paid under $60 total for the room. Decent place for an overnight stay before an early flight out of BWI. The hotel van was available at the drop of a hat. Alot of flight crew types stay here.
Nornal room, nice big king size bed and a couch and work table.

But as with priceline you get the one that is avaiable. Sometimes good sometimes not so but this was average. Just what I expected. Plenty of parking.

Overall very decent for an airport hotel. easy check in not so easy check out had to go tthe front desk but no one was in line at 6:20am on a Sunday.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed August 2008
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

The room, bathroom and common areas were all clean and up to date. The staff were helpful and efficient. Beds were comfortable and we had the option of choosing what type of pillows we wanted for our beds. We were pleasantly surprised to find that we had a refrigerator and microwave in the room. It was quite easy to get in/out of the Inner Harbor area by car from this location. One drawback is that dining options are limited in the area but with a little investigation and the GPS we were able to manage.

• Stayed August 2008
Elkton MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

my family and i were staying there to visit the harbor and zoo. the carpets need to be cleaned well and the light in the bathroom really didnt work. the light flickered for 2 hours before it actually came on. the pool was nice/clean and open until 9pm. the fitness center had 3 machines in it. if i cared about that i would have been disappointed. the majority of the staff was nice. the bed was very comfortable and seemed to be clean. the curtain in the room wouldnt open most of the way. the window went across the whole room and only opened maybe 3 feet.. we really arent pickey people so the average room and hotel werent a problem for us. when i got rates from other hotels in the area at $140 and then i got a $60 hotel room thru hotwire i wasnt gonna complain. we were not staying to enjoy the hotel, we were there to enjoy baltimore. we pretty much only slept there and swam a little.

• Liked — pool, price was lower than others
  • Disliked — dirty carpet, window & light not working
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

I try to write a fair and complete review so you can either read through the more generic stuff or you can scroll down to see where everything completely blew up.

Booked via Priceline the day of and thought we got an excellent bargain with a rate of $48.

Upon arrival at 9:30 PM, things appeared largely as expected for a 3 Star Airport Holiday Inn. Translation: Generic Furnishings and a little worn.

Front Desk check-in was quick and pleasant. Bar was right next to check-in and as a result, you did need to walk a gauntlet of smokers (guests and staff) to get in the front door. Annoying especially since I had kids with me but out of mind

Room was generic, but generally clean. TV was small (25" at best) and many channels were either a little or a lot fuzzy including network TV. There was a very faint smoke smell in our non-smoking room

*** THE PART WHERE THINGS GO HORRIBLY WRONG ***

When we got into the room, we noticed that the toilet was running, but didn't think much of it. My daughter peed before bed and flushed with a couple squares of toilet paper. (Detail provided only to illustrate that there was nothing done that would be expected to overflow the toilet) The bowl being to slowly fill with water and we were able to turn the water off in the back just as the bowl was about to overflow. Unfortunately, all the water that was already in tank entered the bowl and caused a fairly sizeable overflow.

Fairly disgusting, but this kind of stuff does happen. We picked up the phone to call the front desk. Only problem is that the phone in our room doesn't work. I had to grab my cell phone, look for the local number for the hotel, and dial it. First attempt rings a dozen times without anyone picking up. Second attempt is answered and front desk sends maintenance up.

About 20 minutes later maintenance arrives with a plunger. He comments that something is broken in the tank and needs to replace a couple parts. He uses the towels in the room to clean up. He comes back in a relatively timely manner with the parts and some fresh towels. When he finishes, he takes the wet towels with him. He does forget to fix the phone, but when I go to the hall to call him back, my wife says to skip it because the kids are already asleep and fixing the phone next to the bed will wake them.

After he leaves, I walk over to the bathroom to use the toilet that I have been waiting to use for the last 2 hours. The problem is, I notice:

1. The carpet outside the bathroom is wet from him walking in and out of the bathroom with his shoes. (For the record, I noticed this by stepping on the soggy carpet barefoot)

2. The floor in the bathroom is still very wet in several spots including in the middle of the floor. The water in a couple of the spots is dirty

3. The toilet is making a loud repetitive sucking sound. The noise is quite loud and is being compounded by the fact that the lid is off the tank to the toilet.

4. I glance around the bathroom and notice that the lid to the toilet tank is sitting on the counter on top of the sink.

So here I am, in the room typing away this review as the family sleeps and the toilet loudly gasps for breath every 15-20 seconds. I did take pictures of a bunch of the problems, but I didn't have a cable to connect my digital camera to my laptop and I didn't want to wait for the photos to post this review.

Hey, at least the high speed internet in here works great!

• Liked — Internet Access worked well enough to post this terrible review
  • Disliked — Multitude of Problems, Lack of Resolution, and Filthy Mess Left Behind
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Hampton Roads
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

Booked two rooms through Priceline. Had to call the hotel for special requests such as double beds and NON-SMOKING. They noted my request, but specified this is not guaranteed. I accepted this since I could tolerate some smoke smell, but holy crap! The room they gave me had the worse case of lingering smoke I’ve ever experienced. The room absolutely had no ventilation including the bathroom, so if you took a dump, well you get the picture. No bathroom ventilation is also what contributed to the nasty musty smell of old urine. The smoke residue even got into my clothes if I left them out of my suitcase. The elevator had its problems. It didn’t know what floor it was on or what floor to stop at. I have stayed at other Holiday Inns and in no way should this hotel gotten a 3 star rating.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Stinky room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2008

I was pretty skeptical going to this hotel after reading all the bad reviews!! My family was going to Inner Harbor and the DC Zoo and thought the location would be perfect, and it was. The shuttle service to the light rail train was great and we could have also taken the shuttle to the MARC train to DC, but we were leaving directly after. The hotel is dated, it is not shining and new, but it was not a nighmare by any means!!!!!! The beds and pillows were very comfy and all the staff that I encountered were friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again

• Liked — Location & Bed pillows
  • Disliked — dated decor
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!