“STILL BY FAR THE BEST DOUBLETREE I HAVE EVER STAYED IN!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Park, Stay & Fly
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“STILL BY FAR THE BEST DOUBLETREE I HAVE EVER STAYED IN!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I first reviewed this hotel over a year ago and was extremely impressed back then. I didn't think it could get any better but believe it or not, IT HAS!!!

I have been staying a few times a month and the thing that separates this property from others is the wonderful staff.

1)Pierre - he is always there to help and when he checks you in you feel like a VIP!!!

2)Mike - whether it's talking sports or just needing a wake up call, he is a great asset to the team!!!

3)Simi - she has been there since I first stayed 18 months ago and it wouldn't be the same without her at the front desk!!!

4)DeeDee - I am not kidding here, by far and away 1 of the best managers I have ever gotten to know!!! She is flat out AWESOME!!!

5)Frei - Everyone calls her Ms. Frei and she is so caring as the Assistant GM of the property. I can talk to her for hours and that's no joke!!!

6)Adam - he is the GM of the property and having spoken with him numerous times, he is definitely interested in making the Doubletree BWI the best it can be. If you have an issue about anything, he is there for you.

7)Mostly all the shuttle drivers, especially TK - he will go out of his way to help you with luggage, drive you to a restaurant and is just a great asset to the team.

Not only the staff I mentioned, but the rooms are nicely appointed, the air conditioning works great, they switched to HD channels with a nice flatscreen and the pillows are AMAZING!!!

What can I say other then 2 magic words - STAY HERE!!!!

Oh 1 more thing - Jobi is still a great front desk supervisor but he only works limited part-time now. Thanks Jobi for everything you have done.

Sincerely
Mike B

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear PittPoker,

Thanks for the review! I really appreciate your kind words about me and my team. I wish you royal flushes. Thanks for continuing to choose Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Mike Rowe was a pleasure to work with at check in. My boyfriend and I enjoyed the Romance Package which included champagne, two breakfast coupons, and late check out. Our overall experiences at the Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport keeps us coming back for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Brittany W,

Thanks for the review! Good for you for keeping the romance going. Our "romance package" is great for couples looking to connect and relax on the weekends. I am glad we've won your loyalty. I wish you many more romantic returns to the Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was very satisfied with the location as well as the cleanliness of the hotel. I am a picky traveler, if the hotel is not clean I am quick to complain and demand my money back. However I was very satisfied with how clean everything was, how comfortable the beds were even though smaller than a queen I think and convenient the location was. Even though I was not traveling via airport, the airport was right there. You didn’t hear the noise of the airplanes however, which I loved. The location was a little hidden coming from a certain way; gps told me my destination was right there, when actually it was a few more ways down the road, NOT much though. The highways were very close and easy to find. One of the front desks personnel was pleasant and even though I didn’t let my kids have their cookies, he offered us 3 warm cookies as soon as we walked in. I didn’t get to take advantage of the restaurant or bar they had there being I had my children with me, but it was nice to know they had it. Even though the bar should of probably been pushed more to the back, it’s right when you walk in so not very professional looking as a hotel brand.

The only Con’s I would list is they should have a designated spot for smokers. I am not a smoker and I had two children with me. The smokers were hanging outside the main entrance (which is the only entrance) so you had to walk through a cloud of smoke to go in. Also – I checked in at 8:30-9pm and even though the check in guy wasn’t by far rude speaking with me, by his demeanor I felt I was inconveniencing him by checking in. I also didn’t like that I was holding a sleeping baby, two bags and my 7 year old was holding bags and he had us wait there to write our room number down while he went in the back to retrieve the fax number for his co-worker. I waited for a good 4-5 minutes just for him to write the room number down. So my arm was very soar by the time I got to the elevators.

Room Tip: First time staying here, I stayed in the "A" Tower on the 2nd floor, and it was nice and q...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jessica G,

Thanks for the thorough review! I appreciate you mentioning our cleanliness. We know how important it is to our guests. Also, thanks for the information regarding your check in experience. I immediately shared your comments with my Front Office Manager and team. We did not demonstate the typical caring attitude for which we are known! We will learn from this. Thanks for sharing and thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
Tel-Aviv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed in two rooms at this hotel with our 3 kids. The rooms are very large, have great amenities, and the people at the front desk and at the restaurant are very friendly and helpful. The pool area looks like it needs a renovation, though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mirch,

Thanks for the review. Rest assured, our pool area has been recently renovated in the past 2 years and brand new furniture added this summer, but as an outdoor pool it is seasonal, therefore only open from Memorial Day to Labor Day, hence not open during your Sept stay. Come back in the summer and take a dip, I know you will enjoy it! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Doubletree by Hilton at Baltimore - BWI AIRPORT. I booked through Expedia and received exceptional value for where we stayed and the value of the hotel is worth more. The manager Mike Rowe was exceptional. He went above and beyond to make sure that we were taken care of. I observed him working with other customers as well. One customer was upset about a situation and Mike treated her with the utmost hospitality inspite her being a little disrespecful. Gamal went out his way to make sure that we had items in the middle of the night and displayed exceptional customer service. I would most def. recommend this hotel and stay there again. Happy clients from Petersburg, Va

• Stayed September 2013
Dear taildog10,

Thanks for the review! Mike and Gamal are excellent representatives of Doubletree. I am grateful you mentioned them. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
Decatur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Overall room was okay. The carpet in the elevator and hallway needed to be cleaned. Front desk staff ok but not as friendly as I'm use to at other hotels. Check your bill before you go upstairs to make sure it is the correct room billing amount. If you make reservations on the internet print them out and bring with you when you check in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Mellissa B,

Thanks for the review and thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI. I appreciate you giving me additional feedback via email. We will do better!
Magnolia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Friendly staff. Very clean room, bathroom and comfortable bed. Well-lighted parking lot. Used Orbitz, got reasonable rate of $118 on Sunday and $125 on Monday. Room was mostly quiet. Easy to get to from the interstate. Lots of restaurants close by.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Robert C,

Thanks for the review! We know that cleanliness matters to our guests, so thanks for sharing about your stay. Your comments will help influence fellow travelers to book us with confidence. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!