“Three night stay at BWI” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Three night stay at BWI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The hotel staff at this location is one of the best that I have yet to meet in my many travels as they went above and beyond to meet some of our requests. In addition, the rooms were clean, the meals were well prepared and the shuttle to and from the airport was extremely accommodating. Many thanks to Olive and her staff! Keep up the great work.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Garden G,

Thanks for the review! It means so much to us to get kudos from seasoned travellers. Thanks for recognizing Olive and team and thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

569 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel provided me just what I needed-a clean, full service hotel in close proximity to the airport. The front office staff is very friendly, the rooms are adequately sized, the shower pressure is very good. My only complaint is beware if you order anything off of the breakfast menu if you don't have a lot of time. There is a breakfast buffet, but I ordered an omelet off of the menu, and it took close to 30 minutes to get served and the place was just about empty. The food was good, but so slow-so I caution if you are there on a business trip and need to get out timely. It then took a while for the charges to get posted. So, in summary- a good hotel for the value, but don't order food if time is an issue.

Dear spjnc,

Thanks for the review. Sorry about the wait time on the omelet. I am sharing your feedback with our Executive Chef; we will do better. Thanks for the kind words and endorsement. We strive to be the BEST hotel at BWI. We are working hard everday to be #1. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have to say - the Staff at DoubleTree BWI are the best I've ever had on my travels to the DC/MD/Baltimore area! I've used several other hotels neighboring and the DoubleTree BWI are better than the rest! 80% of my weekly travel is to the DoubleTree by Hilton BWI and I will not stay anywhere else...From Dee-Dee, Olive,Frei, Pierre, Simi, Desiree to the hotel staff are very, very friendly and will assist on anything when asked.

Their motto is ' C.I.D - Consider It Done...' And it gets done!

Dee-Dee; the Manger on Duty when I return from my daily activities always...ALWAYS welcome me with a warm smile and ask kindly ' How was you day? I hope it was well...' Not only Dee-Dee, but EVERY member of the staff have the same ethics and treat their customers with great respect.

Dee-Dee and team know who to treat returning and new customers/visitor to the Doubletree by Hilton BWI... A+

A

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear aha-vts,

Thanks for the review and kind words about our team! Also, thanks for plugging our service motto. We say Consider it Done, and mean it! I am so glad we have won your loyalty. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The rooms were very clean with plenty of room and nice furnishings along with a great work area. The beds were very comfortable. The front desk staff were very helpful and polite. The only downfall was the restaurant. Extremely over priced for the quantity and quality of the food. Drink prices were normal for a upper scale hotel. They also advertise free parking and did not make it clear they charged $6.00 a day to store your car while on your trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Keith D,

Thanks for the review! Let me clear up any confusion about the parking. While staying with us overnight, parking is complimentary. Should you choose to leave your car here while travelling, we charge the unbeatable price of $6 per day. We offer a low cost, convenient alternative to airport parking. I hope you would agree. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

After spending more than 125 nights in hotel rooms this year, I confess to a bias towards comfortable hotels, with a well laid out work area, a respectable number of TV channels, helpful staff, and good internet response times. After staying many, many nights in other hotels in this area, I found the Doubletree far exceeded my expectations and showed me that my disappointment in other recent accommodations was not me being picky - it is what a regular traveler should expect when on the road. In addition to the excellent facility, great meals at the restaurant, and comfortable working space, the front desk team, notably Pierre, went out of his way to make the stay pleasant. I may be Platinum elsewhere, but I was treated better at this hotel than at my recent stay nearby - supposedly the flagship location for that chain. I will return here. Now if I can just get them to provide the Saturday Wall Street Journal........

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear No_name_avail,

Thanks for the review! As a true road warrior, your praise means all the more to us. Thanks for recognizing Pierre, he is a true hospitality professional. We'll work on that Saturday WSJ! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Mobay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My friend and I had the pleasure of staying at the Doubletree by Hilton a few weeks ago and I would be selfish to not share the amazing experience we had.

Olive Cox the Human Resources Director and her team assisted me to plan a surprise for my friend with everything one could imagine when they walk into a hotel room. The surprise I thought I planned, also surprised me as they did not leave it as just my plan.

The group added so much to the package that I too was speechless when I walked into our room with a gorgeous bouquet, strawberry, assortment of cheese, a variety of chocolates and white wine on ice.

I rushed to the room as that was certainly a wow moment, however, not to leave out a very warm welcome and farewell.

One evening of dining we had an excellent waitress. She was attentive and when we did not provide a clear enough order and asked for a replacement, she was very pleasant in meeting this request. So sorry to not have remembered the name but thinking Katherine, she was stepping away for a few to deliver room service she checked with us before leaving, now, what more could one ask for?

It was a truly beautiful experience and we cant imagine that every trip to Baltimore will not include a stop in at this hotel be it business or otherwise.

Thank you guys.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear N G,

Thanks for sharing about your experience. I am so glad we could exceed your expectations. Olive is a credit to our team; thanks for recognizing her. Also, I think Katia was your server. We will pass on the kudos. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel was so close to meeting my expectations the first night, but then it all went down hill from there.

The Bad: All of the public areas were incredibly warm, I once passed a thermostat that showed 84 degrees inside. The elevators always had trash (and even spit) on the floor. After our second night, the room was never cleaned. I inquired on the phone as to why this happened and asked for fresh towels. After an hour, I went to the desk and did the same. Altogether it took 4 attempts to actually get fresh towels, although we never had an explanation as to why our room wasn't cleaned. One of the shuttle drivers was friendly and outgoing, the other one literally yelled at passengers to get on and off his shuttle. The last night there the power was out, which I understand was out of their control, but none of the stairwells were labeled, which made getting to our room difficult in the absence of working elevators.

The Good: We ate at Eden's Landing Restaurant on 4 separate occasions, and I really enjoyed my food each time. If you are a seafood lover like myself, be sure to try either the crab cake sandwich or dinner. Although, the sandwich has the same size crab cake for $10 less. The bar staff was incredibly friendly and attentive. I would like to give a major shout out to Lew. Even when the bar and lounge were full he made sure your drink was always full!

I think for the premium price they charge for a room, they would have a better grasp on housekeeping and customer service, especially since the whole staff wears a "CID" button, standing for 'Consider it Done.' Oh, the irony! I should also mention the shuttle will take you to a handful of local restaurants, since nothing is really within walking distance.

Dear Travellover1869,

Thanks for the review. Your satisfaction is important to us! We were certainly thrown for a loop last week with lightning closing BWI Airport. The sudden influx of rooms put us to the test. Then, the continued lightning caused us to have equipment failure. Quite a day! And yes, our team is empowered to handle requests with a "Consider it Done." We believe in our service culture and know that is has helped propel us to the #2 ranking. Service matters! Thanks for mentioning both the good and the bad. I take your feedback seriously. We will use it to get better. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!