“Major Issues Prevented a Good Experience” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay, & Go Package
Ranked #3 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Chicago, Illinois
“Major Issues Prevented a Good Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel was so close to meeting my expectations the first night, but then it all went down hill from there.

The Bad: All of the public areas were incredibly warm, I once passed a thermostat that showed 84 degrees inside. The elevators always had trash (and even spit) on the floor. After our second night, the room was never cleaned. I inquired on the phone as to why this happened and asked for fresh towels. After an hour, I went to the desk and did the same. Altogether it took 4 attempts to actually get fresh towels, although we never had an explanation as to why our room wasn't cleaned. One of the shuttle drivers was friendly and outgoing, the other one literally yelled at passengers to get on and off his shuttle. The last night there the power was out, which I understand was out of their control, but none of the stairwells were labeled, which made getting to our room difficult in the absence of working elevators.

The Good: We ate at Eden's Landing Restaurant on 4 separate occasions, and I really enjoyed my food each time. If you are a seafood lover like myself, be sure to try either the crab cake sandwich or dinner. Although, the sandwich has the same size crab cake for $10 less. The bar staff was incredibly friendly and attentive. I would like to give a major shout out to Lew. Even when the bar and lounge were full he made sure your drink was always full!

I think for the premium price they charge for a room, they would have a better grasp on housekeeping and customer service, especially since the whole staff wears a "CID" button, standing for 'Consider it Done.' Oh, the irony! I should also mention the shuttle will take you to a handful of local restaurants, since nothing is really within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Travellover1869,

Thanks for the review. Your satisfaction is important to us! We were certainly thrown for a loop last week with lightning closing BWI Airport. The sudden influx of rooms put us to the test. Then, the continued lightning caused us to have equipment failure. Quite a day! And yes, our team is empowered to handle requests with a "Consider it Done." We believe in our service culture and know that is has helped propel us to the #2 ranking. Service matters! Thanks for mentioning both the good and the bad. I take your feedback seriously. We will use it to get better. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

655 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was certainly not the only person impacted by the delays and cancellations at BWI on 12 Sept 2013, but the nicest people I dealt with through the whole ordeal with the airlines and hotels, were Pierre Boutin and Olive Cox at the front desk. They accommodated me despite my airline's inability to effectively book a room for me and they did so with a smile. My only complaint is the caliber of the food and service at the restaurant - neither of which stood up to the prices. I would certainly recommend the hotel thanks to Pierre and Olive, but I would definitely not recommend the restaurant.

Dear Darci H,

Thanks for the review. Sept 12 was quite a day of weather. I am glad we could take care of you during that difficult time. Pierre and Olive are great representatives of Doubletree. I am proud they are part of our team. I wish you safe travels!
cape cod
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night and arrived late and quite tired. Mr. Pierre Boutin was so welcoming with his smile and super positive energy! Thanks so much! The breakfast the next day was included...not sure if it was because I am Hilton Gold. All in all I would stay here again on my next trip through BWI.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear regiscapecod,

Thanks for the review! I am thrilled to read that we have won another loyal guest. Thanks for recognizing Pierre. We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Ocean City, Md.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We bid on a hotel via Price Line for 2 nights and got this hotel. It was a good price and we had no major problems staying there. We only used it for a place to rest our heads. The staff were very nice, check-in was easy and the place was clean. On check-out day the maid started knocking on our door at 8:30 AM. We did not ask for this wake-up call!. She knocked around 10::30 again while I was in the shower. I did not see any Do not disturb signs by the door to place on the outside door. Signing on the internet was confusing to me but when I called the desk they talked me through it. A good value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear oc pat,

Thanks for the review! Clean rooms and great service--we know what is important to our guests! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Baltimore, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

No benefits for any HH member below Diamond. Other Hitlon Properties nearby offer a much better experience and more significant HH Benefits. Took a long time for the sole counter person to greet me. there was no one there. However, when an Air Tran air crew arrived, they receivced immediate attention. Good for them, but I received no such courtesy and the warm cookie doesn't cut when I can get a free, full breakfast when I stay at the nearby Hilton.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I visited to this hotel in Sep, 2013, and it was very nice experience! In particular, the front desk guy, Pierre Boutin, was a very nice guy and helped us a lot. That guy was very kind, enthusiastic and professional. Thanks Pierre!

The room was also clean and modern, and parking was convenient.
Near from the airport, and easy to get there. Like this hotel!

Room Tip: The only disappoint part was the breakfast. I would not recommend their breakfast buffet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jlish,

Thanks for the review and thank for mentioning our clean, modern rooms and ample parking. Also, Pierre is one of our best. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Indianapolis, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel was a disappointment. I booked it because it said there was an "Olympic-size pool" - not so. Also, it didn't even open until 9 AM, much too late to start my day. Our room was rather shabby with poor heating/cooling. The restaurant was only so-so. Service was spotty. Altogether, not bad because I got a special price, but I wouldn't stay there again until they improve both service and cleanliness. I checked my special price both prior to my arrival via telephone and also upon checking in; however, the bill under my door on the day of departure was wrong. They fixed it without complaint, but that takes extra time in the morning and it shouldn't really happen.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Nancy L,

Thanks for the review. I am so sorry to read that we fell short of your expectations. You are right, we need to change the description on our pool. Thanks for pointing that out. However, our outdoor, seasonal pool is one of the largest at BWI. It doesn't sound like you had a typical Doubletree experience. We strive hard to deliver service and cleanliness to each and every guest. Please don't give up on us. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!