“Great front desk staff made up for a VERY difficult travel day!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay, & Go
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great front desk staff made up for a VERY difficult travel day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was certainly not the only person impacted by the delays and cancellations at BWI on 12 Sept 2013, but the nicest people I dealt with through the whole ordeal with the airlines and hotels, were Pierre Boutin and Olive Cox at the front desk. They accommodated me despite my airline's inability to effectively book a room for me and they did so with a smile. My only complaint is the caliber of the food and service at the restaurant - neither of which stood up to the prices. I would certainly recommend the hotel thanks to Pierre and Olive, but I would definitely not recommend the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Darci H,

Thanks for the review. Sept 12 was quite a day of weather. I am glad we could take care of you during that difficult time. Pierre and Olive are great representatives of Doubletree. I am proud they are part of our team. I wish you safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
cape cod
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night and arrived late and quite tired. Mr. Pierre Boutin was so welcoming with his smile and super positive energy! Thanks so much! The breakfast the next day was included...not sure if it was because I am Hilton Gold. All in all I would stay here again on my next trip through BWI.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear regiscapecod,

Thanks for the review! I am thrilled to read that we have won another loyal guest. Thanks for recognizing Pierre. We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Ocean City, Md.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We bid on a hotel via Price Line for 2 nights and got this hotel. It was a good price and we had no major problems staying there. We only used it for a place to rest our heads. The staff were very nice, check-in was easy and the place was clean. On check-out day the maid started knocking on our door at 8:30 AM. We did not ask for this wake-up call!. She knocked around 10::30 again while I was in the shower. I did not see any Do not disturb signs by the door to place on the outside door. Signing on the internet was confusing to me but when I called the desk they talked me through it. A good value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear oc pat,

Thanks for the review! Clean rooms and great service--we know what is important to our guests! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Baltimore, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

No benefits for any HH member below Diamond. Other Hitlon Properties nearby offer a much better experience and more significant HH Benefits. Took a long time for the sole counter person to greet me. there was no one there. However, when an Air Tran air crew arrived, they receivced immediate attention. Good for them, but I received no such courtesy and the warm cookie doesn't cut when I can get a free, full breakfast when I stay at the nearby Hilton.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I visited to this hotel in Sep, 2013, and it was very nice experience! In particular, the front desk guy, Pierre Boutin, was a very nice guy and helped us a lot. That guy was very kind, enthusiastic and professional. Thanks Pierre!

The room was also clean and modern, and parking was convenient.
Near from the airport, and easy to get there. Like this hotel!

Room Tip: The only disappoint part was the breakfast. I would not recommend their breakfast buffet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jlish,

Thanks for the review and thank for mentioning our clean, modern rooms and ample parking. Also, Pierre is one of our best. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Indianapolis, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel was a disappointment. I booked it because it said there was an "Olympic-size pool" - not so. Also, it didn't even open until 9 AM, much too late to start my day. Our room was rather shabby with poor heating/cooling. The restaurant was only so-so. Service was spotty. Altogether, not bad because I got a special price, but I wouldn't stay there again until they improve both service and cleanliness. I checked my special price both prior to my arrival via telephone and also upon checking in; however, the bill under my door on the day of departure was wrong. They fixed it without complaint, but that takes extra time in the morning and it shouldn't really happen.

Dear Nancy L,

Thanks for the review. I am so sorry to read that we fell short of your expectations. You are right, we need to change the description on our pool. Thanks for pointing that out. However, our outdoor, seasonal pool is one of the largest at BWI. It doesn't sound like you had a typical Doubletree experience. We strive hard to deliver service and cleanliness to each and every guest. Please don't give up on us. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Buffalo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was a very pleasurable experience for me. The King Sized bed was just what I needed. I am a laborer who works 40+ hours a week, sometimes 6 days a week. During the Labor Day weekend I decided to visit a friend in Baltimore area because I needed a weekend getaway. This wasn't my first visit to the area and I would like to visit again in the not too distant future. I was pleased to know that the hotel offered breakfast (at a small additional charge). That saved me the hassle of renting a car to find a restaurant. The restaurant was clean, and just spacious enough with various table arrangements from couples to small groups. The dining experience was very good. Food was made to order with sides available at the guest's convenience. Overall, complete satisfaction. If there is one deficiency, it would be that there wasn't much to do within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Carlon C,

Thanks for the review! It sounds like you work hard. I am glad we could offer an oasis during your well earned weekend getaway. Thanks for choosing us!

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!