“Hilton Garden - BWI” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Newnan, United States
“Hilton Garden - BWI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Enjoyed my stay here. The restaurant seemed to have limited staff. Had to wait on server to get refills on drinks. Also, no one there to indicate they would seat you or if you just find your own seat. This was true for dinner and breakfast. Other than the restaurant experience, everything else was very good.

662 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

All I have to say is thank goodness for Pierre Boutin and his crew. I do not travel for business often and the planes and airports and endless meetings really take it out of me. I stumbled in last night for a conference and realized I forgot about half of my personal care items. Pierre got me fixed up, the bed was amazing and the place was spotless. The room is really spacious with a full size desk and brand new office chair, which is handy because I have to finish a project on top of everything. Gym is nice and quiet and the pool is totally secluded on the *lawn* behind the hotel. Not in the parking lot like everywhere else. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear bradley p,

Thanks for the review. Pierre to the rescue! You mention many of our highlights: clean modern rooms, well appointed fitness center, secluded outdoor pool, and staff that anticipate your needs! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
Salisbury, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We arrived late evening on a Wednesday, around 10:45 pm; the desk clerk was very pleasant and polite. We were placed on the 7th floor, we were not offered any help with our luggage. The 7th floor hall was extremely hot. The room was very nice, I would rate above average. There was no clock or radio in the room, no problem, we had our cell phones to check the time and for alarms. I looked for a room service menu and found none. I completed a door tag for a room service breakfast. The tag said to please place on door before midnight. I placed on door at 11:15 pm. In the morning there was no breakfast, they had never collected our tag. I made a phone call to room service and within 25 minutes our breakfast was delivered. Crisis adverted; we made it to our seminar on time. We never placed a do not disturb tag on our room the entire time. We left our room at 8:30 am and returned at 4:30 pm. Our room had not been cleaned. We called the front desk and within 15 minutes 2 non-english speaking ladies were at our door. They questioned us if we needed clean sheets; we replied no, we tried to explain we just needed the beds made and fresh towels for the bath. They did everything, it was difficult to communicate with them, but they were very pleasant. They tried to explain that we had a do not disturb tag up, but we did not. We never put a tag up and never took one down. We did have a wonderful meal at the restaurant and the rest of our stay went well. If we had not had the issues of no breakfast and our room had been cleaned in a timely manner, my ratings would have been higher. I would stay again at this hotel. I am convinced they were isolated incidences.

Dear CMAfan_10,

Thanks for the review. I am grateful for the chance to agree with you; these were isolated incidents. I am so glad to read that you will be back. Your satisfaction is important! Thank you for being thorough because your feedback matters. We will use your comments to get better. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Gamal and Pierre boutin were incredibly helpful at getting me quickly checked in and made a stressful night end smoothly! There friendly nature and general hospitality was a pleasant surprise, and the Reason why I will be returning to the double tree at bwi during future visits.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Shaw123987,

Thanks for the review. Gamal is a recent hire, so I am really pleased to see him mentioned here. He is a welcome addition to our team. We believe in hiring hospitality professionals. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Hotel was perfectly situated for our trips to Washington, Baltimore and Philadelphia. We went to three baseball parks and the casino within 6 miles was a plus. Nice room with free water and refrigerator. Complimentary breakfast buffet would have been an added extra, but I think you can pay extra. We went through Travelocity and did not get this option.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thanks for the review! I agree with you, we are so convenient to Baltimore, DC and Philadelphia. It sounds like you had a great time. 3 ballparks.....nicely done! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Upon entering the hotel at 1245 am on 22 August 2013, we were immediately greeted with the big smile of Pierre Boytin. Pierre was both engaging and personable. He immediately addressed our questions and even served as a concierge by highlighting some of the major tourist stops in Baltimore. We were complimented and commended for our service as veterans of the United States Army. I would highly recommend the Doubletree by Hilton for the convenient location, the ambience and environment of the hotel, the impeccably clean rooms, the gyms that are open 24/7, the delicious breakfast and lastly the exceptional customer service that is both welcoming and friendly. I trust that you will be as happy with your stay as we were with ours.

Christopher and Penny Cheagle

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Christopher C,

Thank you for the review, and more importantly, thank you for your service to our country. Pierre is one of a kind; I am glad he is part of our team. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
canton ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Doubletree bwi for a weekend getaway and family reunion. One quick call to the hotel and they had the shuttle bus to the airport in around five minutes to pick us up. We got into Baltimore around ten in the morning and I had requested early check in if available. I was met at check in by Debbie who could not have been more charming and was able to get us into a room right away. Everyone that we encountered during our stay from housekeeping to the waitresses in the restaurant were quick with a smile and hello. I must also say that Amina and katia that worked the bar on Friday and Saturday night were excellent as well as they were quite busy. We travel frequently and would not hesitate to stay there again. Five stars to the gm and his staff for making this a wonderful weekend. See you next year!
ray

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear bucknpam,

Thanks for the review! I am so proud of our team here. Thank you for mentioning a few of our star players: Katia, Debbie and Amina. I hope you had a great family reunion. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!