“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Okinawa, Japan
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was just looking for a hotel to stay that was close to the airport since I didn't have a car in the area and wanted to relax before my flight. The hotel exceeded my expectations. The warm cookie was the welcome. The staff was great, especially the shuttle driver. I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Supertalya,

Thanks for the review. You bring up a great point. We are great option for locals with an early flight. We make travel easy with a 24 hour shuttle departing to BWI every 30 minutes. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed over Friday evening. Property is beautiful, rooms very modern and clean. Staff is very friendly and lobby has a beautiful bar that is very cozy to relax and have a drink. Would absolutely stay again if my travels bring me back to this area.

Room Tip: Hilton Honors floor was very quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear smcbamdol,

Thanks for the review! Indeed I hope your travels do bring you back to BWI. We will be ready and waiting! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was the best time ever. The restaurant was nice. I like the food and the I think the restaurant manger is very nice and I think Dee Dee was very nice. My hotel room was very clean and everything looks not used when ever I asked it did not take much time for it to arrive

• Stayed April 2013
Dear KaylaHoran,

Thanks for the review! I love how you describe us: clean rooms, good food, friendly staff. Dee Dee and Heather are both excellent managers; thanks for recognizing them and thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
k'ville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel is decorated beautifully, however, I stayed on the seventh floor over the fourth of July weekend and it felt like I was outside. The hallway was 85 degrees. The room looked nice, but it could have been cleaned better. There was a face cloth behind the door that stayed there the whole weekend which tells me that their cleaning staff do not look behind the door when cleaning. At check in, we originally was suppose to be on the floor with the rest of our family reunion and was told there were no other rooms but someone else came in and was given a room on that floor, so we had to let the front desk lady know that we were not happy. She gladly made it happen and we stayed on the floor with the rest of the family. Overall, it was nice, but I was expecting more since it is a Hilton and I had just left a Holiday Inn Express in DC and it was well above what I expected for a Holiday Inn Express. The staff was nice but it took them almost 45 mins to get towels to my room. They are a little slow, but they maintain their professionalism and I would still recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sharna W,

Thanks for the review. I am so glad that is spite of some of the difficulties you would still recommend us. I hope you had a great family reunion. Thank you for all the information and thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Even though I was checking in late to a sold out night, Pierre and Mike made the process enjoyable. The room was clean and comfortable. To top it off, the breakfast was great!! With hundreds of people eating breakfast, the staff was still able to keep the area clean.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Jack P,

Thanks for the review! Mike and Pierre are true hospitality professionals. I am glad they are part of our team. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Truly one of the better (small) hotels we've been to!
We are spending five days with my son's swim team for a swim meet at UMBC aquatic complex. The hotel was booked by our team, but we couldn't be happier. Every single member of the staff is professional and eager to help; you can tell the upper management makes sure the entire organization of employees are properly qualified, experienced and available.
We requested a refrigerator which was absent from our room upon arrival, but after inquiring with Debbie and Frei at the front desk, less than 15 minutes later, guest services sent a gentlemen with a small fridge and it was installed within minutes.
Big thank you to all the hotel employees!

Room Tip: Hilton Honors will get you a free room upgrade!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear saminnewyork,

Thanks for the review! We do strive hard to be the best hotel at BWI, so thanks for noticing our efforts. Debbie and Frei are excellent representatives of the hotel; I am gald you mentioned them. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I've stayed here on business nearly every week for the past 6 months. The staff has been uniformly helpful and efficient. They've remembered my name and preferences since my second stay. The rooms are nice, clean, and roomy. The downstairs restaurant is not very good, but the morning breakfast is more than adequate. The location is great for travelers needing to stay near the BWI airport, and there is no airport noise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Catbert10,

Thanks for the review! We appreciate your loyalty. I can tell from your other reviews that you have tried a number of hotels at BWI. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI!