“Clean quiet layover” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 20%
Cody, Wyoming
“Clean quiet layover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

On route home in the Rockies from Oslo via Newark. Arrived feeling like a bunch of over-ripe bananas. And it was HOT out. Reception was quick, friendly and courteous. And who can turn down hot chocolate chip cookies? Room was on the 3rd floor facing the pool, our view was of shady trees. It was blessedly peaceful, cool, and quiet. We were the only ones in the restaurant and both ordered crab cake sandwiches. They were HUGE and mostly pure crab meat. Checkout the next morning and bus to WBI was efficient and fast. For a Baltimore lay-over I recommend this hotel whole heartedly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear KLM_Cody,

Thanks for review! You had quite a journey. I am glad we could provide some respite from the rigors of travel. Thanks for the recommendation and thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

569 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here for 3 nights. The property has a small pool (no kiddie pool) and basketball court that kept my children entertained. They also have a fitness center & a business center that we utilized. The rooms were as expected....clean, modern, & very comfortable! The shuttle driver was very helpful & professional. The cookies were an added perk and delicious as always. I would definitely return. Oh....and did I mention it's about 5 mins from the airport and 10-15 from downtown Baltimore? Great location!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear SimplyJOY,

Thanks for the review and thanks for mentioning so many of our perks: delicious cookies, complimentary basketball court and courtyard area with refreshing pool, clean rooms, convenient location, and professional staff. I couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
Buffalo, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed inthis hotel last night as we missed our connection due to weather in the area.

The Good: The airline suggested we call the hotel and request a distressed passenger rate. Hotel was clean and updated and front desk staff was pleasant. No alarm clock in our room which was strange but we used our cell phone for our 5am wake up call.

The Bad: The shuttle driver (who picked us up at the airport and drove us back to the airport a few hours later) drove about 60 mph the entire way (spped limit is 30) to and from the hotel and airport. Didn't slow down on the turns, talked on his cell phone and drove into the other lane of traffic multiple times. Basically scared for our lives. Airline crew in the shuttle made similar comments as we walked into the hotel to check in. I told the front desk agent about how scary the ride was but obviously no one cared and made no change to his speed. My advice: take a cab if you value your life!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ravenschick,

Thanks for the review. Your feedback is important to me! Due to your comments, I immediately addressed the entire van team and reminded them of safety including the importance of following all road laws and posted speed limits. We will do better! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
Fredericksburg, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The front desk folks were great, until you realize they did not follow any intructions you gave them with regard to your billing. Still trying to get this fixed. A tour group of some sort wasthere at the same time. Rudest people on the earth.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Rick T,

Thanks for the review. I am sorry to read that you your stay was not up to snuff. As you know, the billing issue was resolved. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton.
Wayne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We chose this location b/c we were planning to visit Innerharbor and DC. I checked out a lot of other hotels for Innerharbor and wasn't loving the mandatory valet parking and high fees.

The Doubletree BWI has free parking. Although it's an airport hotel, there isn't any overhead air traffic so it's nice and quiet. It took less than 15 minutes to get to Innerharbor and only 30 - 35 minutes to DC. So the location is ideal.

The hotel itself has been renovated and the room was very nice, clean and simple. The free wifi had a very good connection with our iPhones and iPads. The pool is very small and not especially aesthetically pleasing, but it serves its purpose. The gym is also on the small side, but has three treadmills, two stationary bikes and one elliptical machine. There is a full rack of dumbbells and an incline bench. Oh and there is a small refrigerator with water bottles so you don't need to bring your own water.

We had the buffet breakfast one morning and it had all that you'd expect as well as eggs to order. I found the price of $15/ person very reasonable. Everyone was pleasant and efficient as they could be. We will return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear SubaruLegacy,

Thanks for the review. Sounds like a great time experiencing both Baltimore and DC. I am glad to read you will be back! Thank you for providing fellow travelers with a thorough description of the hotel and amenities. Nice job. Free parking, free WIFI, and tasty food and beverage, all at the Doubletree by Hilton at BWI!
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel has a convenient complimentary shuttle that I used both to get from the airport to the hotel, and then to get from the hotel to the car rental place the following morning. I was greeted by super friendly, professional staff with complimentary delicious, warm cookies. I was delighted to have such a comfortable bed.

Overall, my room was nice and this was a fantastic stay...but... There were some gripes. Despite my room being super well cooled, the bathroom was permanently hot. I think this may be because the vent was grossly dirty and dusty. It really needed a good cleaning. I also could not find a hair dryer, which I probably could have remedied by calling the front desk. I appreciated the fact that their was room service, a sandwich shop, and bar all within the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Williwillinui,

Thanks for the review! We won't rest until we are "perfect". Hair dryers are located in a bag hanging on the backside of the bathroom door. Bathroom vents should always be clean. Thanks for the heads up, and sorry your encountered that. We will check them all. Glad you enjoyed the cookie. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
saint louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I recently stayed at the Doubletree for five nights while my sons were attending lacrosse events in the area. I would recommend the hotel for anyone who wants to be close to the airport, have breakfast, room service and a bar/lobby at night. The room was renovated and comfortable and kept clean during our stay. I had two complaints that I addressed with the front desk-- the stinky mulch smell in the front of the hotel ( a note at the front desk explaining the mulch would have been nice) and a glass left outside my room (not my glass) during the entire day. Both were addressed right away and the staff was receptive to my comments.
I would recommend this hotel if you need to be in the area and within this price point.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Iwohara,

Thanks for the review. I appreciate the recommendation to fellow travelers. Yes, very true, we did have a late spring (or perhaps we should say early summer) landscaping upgrade which included fresh mulch. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are always looking for ways to keep the grounds beautiful. But alas, it did have a strong smell the day it was laid. Thanks for staying with us for 5 nights. With such a long stay you no doubt got to experience many of our staff and services. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!