“Roach in my bed:(” 1 of 5 stars

Book now and save 20%
Clinton, Maryland
“Roach in my bed:(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Upon waking up in the morning, i discovered there was a roach in my bed. I was completely disgusted and will never ever stay at this hotel again. Obviously this hotel has a bug problem because I killed a spider that morning also, but I figured that wasn't a huge deal. But a ROACH,is completely unacceptable. My boyfriend tried called the front desk and was left on hold for over 5 mins, again completely unacceptable. We quickly checked out because I no longer wanted to be in the room. I asked to speak to a manager when checking out and the supervisor apologized and asked what she could do? The room was paid for in advance so i wasn't expecting the night to be free but her offer of free breakfast was insulting. We quickly declined. We would be crazy to eat at the hotel's restaurant. If there was a roach in our room on the 7th floor I can only imagine what's in the kitchen.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Quarles27,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Rest assured, we have a stringent Pest Control plan in place. Our rooms are regularly serviced by a national commercial provider. Additionally, we immediately place a room out of service anytime a bug is found in the room. That room is kept out of service until treated by our pest control provider. Our guest rooms and kitchen are regularly inspected by Hilton, by the County, and by the Health Department. We strive to maintain high levels of safety and cleanliness. Your experience was not acceptable, nor was it our norm. On behalf of the entire team here, I apologize for the experience. Thank you for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

569 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Landisville, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel was a good value the night before our flight. We did Park & Fly so our car remained at the hotel. They shuttled us to the airport and picked us up when we returned. The room was quiet and the service was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Crusinlions,

Thanks for the review! The Park & Fly package is a great option if your flying out of BWI. You get a comfy, clean room and parking included all for a great low rate. I am glad we could accomodate you. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
Pensacola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

From check in with Mr Rowe at check who was not only dressed nice, but he was helpful and very professional to Bob, the van driver. Bob was so detailed on how to catch the light rail that I felt like I had been doing it for years. Rooms were so comfy with feather pillows. It was hard to get out of bed!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear PensacolaRatdog,

Thanks for the review! Mike Rowe gets lots of compliments, so no surprise that he took good care of you, but I am thrilled to see Mr Bob get a mention. He is a delightful man, long time employee, and hard worker. Thank you for recognizing him and thank you for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
Gordonsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Upon arriving, I was greeted by name, and was assured all would be done to make this my best stay ever. It was! Not only did they follow up in my room to make sure I was comfortable, but made sure the refrigerator was keeping my drinks cold!

Mike and Simi were outstanding! I took a taxi from the hotel into Baltimore, but forget and left my iPhone in the Taxi. They found the driver and had my cell phone waiting form me when I returned. I am very grateful!

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jim S,

Thanks for the review! I am so glad we could return your phone. Mike and Simi are 2 of our best! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

A roller coaster ride but in a pinch it was decent. Check-in took over 10 minutes because there was only 2 people working while another was on the phone the whole time and it seemed each person had issues. Bad. The checkin person was very nice and gave me a few of their great cookies. Good. The halls were strewn with people's plates for room service that hadn't been picked up. Bad. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. Good. We went out for dinner and when we arrived back there was literally NO parking spaces and people were driving around in circles and parking along the lot in non parking spaces wherever they could and I noticed the lot over there was a security person not allowing people to park. I stopped and went to the front desk (it was around 8pm) and she said there is an event going on until 9 and then there will be plenty of spots and suggested I park in the Handicap parking until then and then come down a move my car. Really?! Handicap spot! I said I would NOT do that and drove around for 15 minutes until I can find a spot because someone left. Bad. Free parking. Good. All in all a nice place in a pinch. Pool is outdoors and despite being 84 degrees out wasn't open yet. They do have a nice basketball court so bring your bball.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear gumbo8771,

Thanks for the review. Our pool is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day, so come on by for a dip! We certainly did have unseasonably warm weather earlier than usual. Also, we provide basketballs at the Front Desk, so just stop by on your way out to the court. As a popular airport hotel with conference space, there are certain times that parking is at a premium. I am sorry that you had trouble finding a spot. Thanks for a thorough review and thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Frederick, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Very nice staff. The rooms were very clean. I expected a few extras and was disappointed - no in room refrigerator or safe. This was a bare bones hotel room. This is the perfect hotel for a quick overnight due to a flight delay.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear MRKSS,

Thanks for the review. "A perfect hotel" is a high compliment. I am glad we could be of service. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
State College, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was excellent. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. The location was ideal as well. I would definitely stay here again. We actually left our wallet behind in the business center and the staff seen it in there, took it for safe keeping, and even offered to drive it to us so that we didn't miss our flight. Best service I have ever received from the hotel staff before.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Cynthia P,

Thanks for the review! As we say here at the hotel, "Consider it Done". Lose your wallet? Well don't worry, just CID. I am glad we could provide a happy ending to the story! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!