“Friendly Face, Quick Check-In” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Cincinnati, United States
“Friendly Face, Quick Check-In”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel because I am a Hilton Honors member and it was close to the airport when my flight got cancelled. They were very friendly at check-in, got me in quickly and gave me a warm cookie. Very comfortable bed, high def TV and a bar in the lobby which were what I was most concerned about at the time!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Stephanie M,

Thanks for the review! We know that sometimes our guests arrive at BWI unexpectedly. As you found, we have all the amentities to provide a respite from the stress of travel: coffee shop, 3 meal restaurant, lounge, room service, laundry room, complimentary WIFI, complimentary shuttle within 3 mile radius, and a delicious chocolate chip cookie, just to name a few. Thanks for staying with us.

573 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Yorktown, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've stayed in nicer Doubletrees, but this was what we needed, where we needed it. Service was average, rooms were average, everything was pretty much average. The only thing that really stood out was the noise. Definitely not a quiet place, with people coming & going at all hours of the night. I suppose that's to be expected to some extent, and we were coming & going as well, as we had to meet my husband's flight at 2a.

Parking was a bit of a drawback. Evidently they have quite a few people who use the place to park & fly, which I'm sure is a great deal for them, but certainly wasn't convenient for us having to schlep across the (huge!) parking lot.

Room had a few minor cleanliness issues (child's handprints on the mirror, a stray hair in the shower), but all in all, it wasn't too bad.

In short, had I planned to stay here for several days, I'd have been disappointed & likely would have checked out early. Still, it fit the bill, and gets major points for convenience to the airport.

Dear wheres_my_calgon,

Thanks for the review. Your experience was not up to our usual standard. We won't settle for "average". I hope you will give us another chance, as I think you can see from fellow traveler's reviews that we strive for excellence. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have used this hotel for long term parking to fly out of BWI several times. Quick shuttle service (it is very close to the airport) and the staff is super friendly. We have not needed to stay at this hotel as it is only 2 hours from our home, but if the service we have received using their long term parking is any indication, it would be a great placeto stay. I would also add that the lobby area etc. is very clean.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear pugpower,

Thanks for the review. We are a great alternative to airport parking. Rates can be found at globalairportparking.com . Should you ever need a room, you know who to call! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Ashaway, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My flight from Chicago to Providence was overbooked so they flew me to BWI in preparation for departing the next morning. Crumbs on the floor in front of the dresser. Check in & out was very nice and the shuttle driver was as well.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Joseph L M,

Thanks for the review. We will work on the cleanliness. Even though this trip was unexpected, I am glad we could provide some relief from the stresses of travel. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Not only was the hotel very nice, clean, and affordable. But they also accommodated our large group for company summit, and made sure we had all necessary telecomm setups we needed.

However, the conference rooms and the hotel itself only accounted for a fraction of the great things the Doubletree at BWI had to offer. Their staff was second to none, hands down.

Both Mike Rowe, and Pierre Boutin went above and beyond the call to ensure that all my needs were met, and that my stay was enjoyable.

Mike Rowe, went one step further, and even helped with a cancellation I needed to obtain from a different hotel (the other hotel was be very uncooperative, and would not let me cancel the reservation for any reason). Mike was able to talk directly with the other hotel, and get me a full refund for the intended stay from the other hotel.

I can't say enough just how friendly and helpful the entire staff were, but Mike and Pierre in particular made the trip an awesome experience.

Dear Todd M,

Thanks for the review! We know that a great hotel is so much more than brick and mortar. The people make the difference. Both Mike and Pierre are outstanding representatives of Doubletree. Thanks for taking the time to recognize them and share with others about your experience. We appreciate your business. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My stay at the Doubletree by Hilton was fantastic. It began and ended with great customer service. The accommodations were great as well. Mr. Pierre Boutin was phenomenal. He provided superior service and he was very courteous.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Antonio W,

Thanks for the review! We really appreciate the 5 star rating. Also, thanks for recognizing Pierre, I am so glad he is part of our team. We look forward to seeing you again at the Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I would just like to share how helpful Mike Rowe was towards me. I am a flight attendant who got stranded here due to weather elsewhere, I did not bring a charger for my iPad. My company was sending different schedules throughout the day to my iPad, which was losing power. Mike ran all over asking for a charger that would work...he came thru. Mike's customer service should not go unnoticed.
Tracy Hernandez

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Tracy H,

Thanks for the review. Ah, the joys of travel! I am so glad we could lend some assistance in your time of need. Rest assured, Mike's efforts do get recognized, especially because of comments like yours. I am grateful for his passion for customer service. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!