“Dirty, noisy, rude staff.” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
none of your business
“Dirty, noisy, rude staff.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Several rooms worth of room service items left in hallway for 20+ hours. Rotting food not cool.

Called front desk requesting service to obnoxiously loud AC unit and broken telephone, despite promise of a quick fix no one ever came.

Morning wait staff was extremely rude (Dinner staff was great and food was too).

Phoned manager on duty but never received call back.

Too many quality hotels in vicinity of BWI to waste your money here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear DTnotforme,

Thanks for the review. Your feedback is important to me. Clearly we weren't up to snuff! I want to do everything in my power to change your Tripadvisor name to "DT FOR ME". I have shared your comments with all of the relevant departments so that appropriate action can be taken. I have more details from your survey, which will help us to get it right. Your satisfaction is important to me, so I hope to hear back from you via the email I sent. We will do better! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

571 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Boise
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The staff was very friendly, but the room was fair. There were visible fingerprints on bathroom door, the lock was broken so it took a long time to enter room and the heat turned in and off every five minutes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear kbrey,

Thanks for the review and thanks for recognizing the staff. Now, we need to work on the room. I will be sending you separate email in order to learn the room number. I want to get these issues addressed! On behalf of the team, I apologize for the sub-standard room. We will do better! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Columbia, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Visited hotel, and was first given a extremely small room for a BWI area hotel. The heater was noisy and the shower went from hot to cold and back to hot without human intervention.
We inquired at the desk about the problem with the shower, and were upgraded to a bigger room in the newer tower of the building, and provided with free breakfast. Frei and Desiree were at the desk, and both were extremely helpful, even when there was a mix-up with the new room. The fitness room was adequate, one elliptical a few treadmills, weights, and bikes. I truly felt like I was being screwed when I got the smaller room, and it was embarrassing because it was a getaway with my wife. The room change made things much nicer. So, if you decide to stay here, try to get a room in the A Tower, and avoid the B- Tower, especially the rooms a the ends of the hallways. Honestly, I'm on the fence about going to this place again.

Room Tip: Choose the A tower and avoid rooms that are on the end of the floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Paul M,

Thanks for the review. On behalf of the entire team, allow me to apologize for the sub-standard room you first received. This is not up to our usual high standards. As you can see from your fellow travelers' reviews, we believe in delivering a consistently superior product. I am glad the second room met your needs. Please don't give up on us, your satisfaction and your loyalty are important to us! Please be sure to let me know of your return to our hotel at adam.novotny@hilton.com. We will make things right. Thanks again.
illinois, usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great staff, location close to everything ... expressways leading to outlet mall loads of restaurants 10 mins away. Staed long term for business and the staff was the best. Internet available, good gym (small) with bottled water and apples. Nice bar- food in hotel restaurant was pretty good and not too overpriced. Room was about average but bed was super comfortable. Will defintely stay here again. Good value.

Room Tip: avoid the rrom with view of the parking lot otherwise ok
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear ccamtravel,

Thanks for the review. As a long term stay, you no doubt encountered all aspects of our service and amenities. I am so glad to read you will be back. Thanks for mentioning the staff; I really think we have the best in town, and thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We did not stay here overnight, just parked here instead of using airport parking (booked thru globalairportparking.com) Price was very reasonable and drive to the airport was prompt. When we got back, we called as soon as we got off the plane and were on our way to baggage claim area. We were told that someone would be right over. After getting our bags, we did have to wait awhile. It was about 45 minutes from the time of our call until we got picked up. I would give 5 stars for getting to airport, but 3 for the trip back. We did get warm choc. chip cookies :-) We would use them again for parking and call before even getting off the plane.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear ejmell,

Thanks for the review. We are a proud partner with globalairportparking.com. Here is a helpful hint: due to regulations at the airport, our shuttles cannot wait at the designated pick up points. So calling too far in advance does not help you get picked up in time. As a matter of fact, if you call us too early and we arrive at the pick up point before you, we cannot wait. So, please be sure to call us once you have your bags. We are just 2 short miles from the airport and our shuttles run 24hrs a day, so we are always just minutes away. I hope this helps. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Fairmont, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I really really enjoyed my stay at the Doubletree BWI hotel!! The staff was fantastic!!! I was greeted with a very warm welcome, check in was fast and easy, the gift shop had delicious pastries, the rooms were spacious and very clean. The front desk was very helpful seeming so I had no idea of the area, they were able to help me find my way around. I had a great time and it was the perfect weekend get away for my boyfriend and I. I would recommend this hotel to others and hope to visit again in the summer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sdavid17,

Thanks for the review. I am so glad you and your boyfriend had a great stay. We would love to see you again this summer (if not sooner!). Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I throughly enjoyed by stay at this hotel. The staff is amazing especially the customer service by the hotel staff. You are greeted with a smile and once you are checked in the hotel gives you these delicious warm cookies. I was most impressed with the courtesy van service who were prompt and efficent our entire stay at the hotel. I liked the fact that the van could escort you to the airport at any time where you had accessibility to the light rail system, Amtrack and bus service. The breakfast buffet has a variety to choose from at an economial price. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to the D.C, area(30 miles away) or directly to Baltimore.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear 183anonymous,

Thanks for the review! You describe us "to a Tee": friendly staff, effecient shuttle service, clean rooms, tasty food, and of course, the delicious walnut, chocolate chip cookie! Thanks for the recommendation and thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!