My girlfriends and I flew into the area to attend the Presidential Inauguration. Because we were all coming in at different times (from various states) we decided we should stay the 1st night in Baltimore before we headed into DC. I booked a one night hotel stay through Priceline and got an excellent rate through the name your price option. I called the hotel and spoke with a manager and asked if one of the people in my party could check in even though the room was already reserved and paid in my name. The manager was more than accommodating (Thank you!) because our flights were 2 hours apart.
They have a shuttle that will pick you up from the airport and its about a 5 min drive. There is nothing around the hotel so you may want to rent a car if you need to go downtown Baltimore. It was a $35 cab ride to go from the Doubletree to downtown Baltimore. There is a McDonalds closer to the freeway, high would be out a 10 min walk. At night the area is dark so I wouldn't recommend walking anywhere.
The hotel was very nice. There was some visible wear and tear in the hallway to the room but nothing too distracting. The rooms are located in (2) separate towers so make sure you're directed to the right tower; the towers do not connect. The room was very nicely decorated, was a bit on the small side but it did not bother me and my girlfriends. The beds were comfortable and the hot shower was amazing. I love a hot shower with great water pressure, especially after a long flight from the West coast.
Due to the time of night and no restaurants in close proximity, we decided to go down to the bar. We ordered food from there and sat and talked to the wonderful female bartender (I think she was Russian, or Persian) and she was excellent and engaging. The burger, fries, and the Reuben sandwich my friend and I had was great.
The only complaint that I have is, the next morning we had placed the do not disturb sign on the outside of the door. At approximately 9am, we hear this loud knocking on the door. My friend looked out the peep hole and the guy on the other side asked if we were checking out. I found that very odd, so I asked what time was checkout; he didn't know. This really concerned me because...
(1) If we have a do not disturb sign outside on the door handle, it means exactly that, especially when it's (3) hours until check out.
(2) We are (3) women staying in a hotel room and a random guy asked if we were checking out.
(3) Very very very rare to see a housekeeper as a male so it was suspicious from the beginning.
(4) All the housekeepers I've come in contact with knows the checkout time.
We didn't open the door and I called the front desk and told them of our concern. We were advised that they would contact housekeeping and security and would call us back with an update. Approximately 45 mins went by and no call back! UGH. We left the room and saw the manager of housekeeping conducting room inspections. I explained to her what occurred and she informed me that it was a new male employee and she would talk to him about ensuring that he checks to see if there is a do not disturb sign, that he is aware of the hotel's check out policy, and that his identification is visible. She was very receptive to our concern and did not minimize it. I wish I would have gotten her name.
If your concerned with where you lay your head down at.....look no further. This is a perfect place that will fit your needs. If Im ever in the area again, I definitely will be staying here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelers expect great atmosphere, amenities and service. Find all this and more at the Doubletree by Hilton Baltimore-BWI Airport Conference Center, where we are poised to meet your every need. Convenient to Baltimore, Maryland, Washington, DC, and Annapolis, MD, our attractive 260-room airport hotel features upgraded high speed Internet and is less than 5 minutes from BWI Airport, and the Amtrak and Baltimore Light Rail stations. The hotel is only 8 miles from Baltimore's Inner Harbor, home of Orioles Park at Camden Yards, the National Aquarium,and the Baltimore Convention Center and business district. We are adjacent to Ciena Corporation offices, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, and Booz Allen Hamilton. The Doubletree by Hilton BWI hotel is only 4 miles from Arundel Mills Mall where you can shop at well-known stores like Bass Pro Shops, Bed Bath & Beyond then enjoy Dave and Buster's restaurant or the Medieval Times Dinner Theatre. Our Conference Center has meeting space ideal for weddings, receptions and reunions. Start the day at this Doubletree by Hilton in Baltimore with a healthy breakfast at Eden's Landing Restaurant or in our gourmet coffee and sundry shop Props. Then enjoy a work-out at our expanded fitness center or shoot some baskets at our outdoor sports court that includes a swimming pool and volleyball court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Bwi Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Holiday Inn Linthicum
- Linthicum Holiday Inn