“Quick trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
California
“Quick trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My girlfriends and I flew into the area to attend the Presidential Inauguration. Because we were all coming in at different times (from various states) we decided we should stay the 1st night in Baltimore before we headed into DC. I booked a one night hotel stay through Priceline and got an excellent rate through the name your price option. I called the hotel and spoke with a manager and asked if one of the people in my party could check in even though the room was already reserved and paid in my name. The manager was more than accommodating (Thank you!) because our flights were 2 hours apart.

They have a shuttle that will pick you up from the airport and its about a 5 min drive. There is nothing around the hotel so you may want to rent a car if you need to go downtown Baltimore. It was a $35 cab ride to go from the Doubletree to downtown Baltimore. There is a McDonalds closer to the freeway, high would be out a 10 min walk. At night the area is dark so I wouldn't recommend walking anywhere.

The hotel was very nice. There was some visible wear and tear in the hallway to the room but nothing too distracting. The rooms are located in (2) separate towers so make sure you're directed to the right tower; the towers do not connect. The room was very nicely decorated, was a bit on the small side but it did not bother me and my girlfriends. The beds were comfortable and the hot shower was amazing. I love a hot shower with great water pressure, especially after a long flight from the West coast.

Due to the time of night and no restaurants in close proximity, we decided to go down to the bar. We ordered food from there and sat and talked to the wonderful female bartender (I think she was Russian, or Persian) and she was excellent and engaging. The burger, fries, and the Reuben sandwich my friend and I had was great.

The only complaint that I have is, the next morning we had placed the do not disturb sign on the outside of the door. At approximately 9am, we hear this loud knocking on the door. My friend looked out the peep hole and the guy on the other side asked if we were checking out. I found that very odd, so I asked what time was checkout; he didn't know. This really concerned me because...

(1) If we have a do not disturb sign outside on the door handle, it means exactly that, especially when it's (3) hours until check out.
(2) We are (3) women staying in a hotel room and a random guy asked if we were checking out.
(3) Very very very rare to see a housekeeper as a male so it was suspicious from the beginning.
(4) All the housekeepers I've come in contact with knows the checkout time.

We didn't open the door and I called the front desk and told them of our concern. We were advised that they would contact housekeeping and security and would call us back with an update. Approximately 45 mins went by and no call back! UGH. We left the room and saw the manager of housekeeping conducting room inspections. I explained to her what occurred and she informed me that it was a new male employee and she would talk to him about ensuring that he checks to see if there is a do not disturb sign, that he is aware of the hotel's check out policy, and that his identification is visible. She was very receptive to our concern and did not minimize it. I wish I would have gotten her name.

If your concerned with where you lay your head down at.....look no further. This is a perfect place that will fit your needs. If Im ever in the area again, I definitely will be staying here!

Room Tip: Rent a car because the taxi is expensive. What u pay for one day of rental you could have had almost...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

684 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was the coordinator for a small conference hosting over 100 college students and advisors from around the Mid-Atlantic region. This property was ideal and provided wonderful amenities. The guest rooms were spacious and comfortable. The staff was EXCELLENT is making sure our questions were answered and that we had everything we needed. I will definitely return to this property for business and leisure. Ask for the following staff in the sales department, Alyosious and Chereen...they will take care of you! The front desk staff is also wonderful! Thanks to Frei, Michael, Dani, and Victor for their excellent customer service!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Erin F,

Thanks for the review! We are so glad you had a successful event. We offer a full array of conference services--Aloysious and Chereen are always at the ready. Thanks for mentioning so many on our team, it means the world to us to get receive this kind of feedback. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a clean comfortable hotel close to the airport. The shuttle runs every 1/2 hour and is very reliable. I've stayed there a dozen times and the staff is great - Simi will always greet you with a smile at the front desk. The rooms are nice and haven't had a bad experience yet. I usually eat down at the bar where the service and the food is actually quite good. Full menu and prompt room service the few times I've ordered from them. Decent workout room with three treadmills, some bikes, an elliptical, a bench and free weights, and some exercise balls. Overall a good place to hang your hat for a few days.

Room Tip: Rooms in the A tower are closer to the workout facility.
Dear Steve L,

Thanks for the review! Simi is great representative of the Doubletree. You did a great job describing our hotel: clean rooms, effecient shuttle service, tasty food, unmatched service and full gym. I have no doubt your feedack will help other travelers book this hotel with confidence. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Middle Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I arrived late on a Monday evening after my original flight was cancelled due to weather. Pierre was extremely courteous and since my bags and I had become seperated during the trip, even opened up the hotel's shop so I could get toiletries and cold medicine. The traditional cookie was also greatly appreciated after a hard day traveling. The room was also excellent as was breakfast the next day. I WAS a confirmed Marriott traveler. That has now changed. Doubletree will be my first choice when I travel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Raymond B,

Thanks for the review! Pierre is a super star; thanks for recognizing him. Your feedback brings a smile to my face, especially winning you from one of our competitors. We truly believe we are the best hotel at BWI, with a winning combination of modern product and friendly staff. It sounds like you would agree. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Dagsboro, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My Wife Marie and I had an early flight out of BWI for our trip to the Dominican Republic. We opted to use the Stay and Fly service at the Double Tree right by the airport. The room was spacious and clean, the shuttle service was prompt and brought us right to the terminal. They also picked us up and returned us to the hotel upon our return to the USA. We were able to park our car in their lot fo two weeks while we were gone and the parking was included in the price of the room, which was more than reasonable. In addition to all of this was the fantastic service. The front desk people were simplly the best, always helpful always happy and the cookies are delicious.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Victor C,

Thanks for the review. Hopefully other guests will take your advice and choose us for our convenient location to BWI, prompt shuttle service, park and fly options and great service. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I've been staying here for over a year now. The staff is most impressive, very friendly and warm. Every time I see Jobi, Semi and Mike I feel welcomed to be back. The bar menue has been updated and is much better. The bar attendants are very helpful and friendly. A very good place for meetings and corporate events. the work out area is also very good although not a huge space but very adequate.

Dear Gudtimcharlygthablus,

Cute name! Hopefully you can shake those blues ;-) Thanks for the review. Also, thank you for recognizing Jobi, Simi and Mike. They are some of our best. I think it is great you notice our menu improvements; rur Chef is always looking for new and fresh items. Your loyalty is very appreciated. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Shalimar, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

A very average DoubleTree. I have definitely stayed at better DoubleTrees and I have especially stayed at better hotels near BWI. In fact the first room I was given was dirty, stained carpets and dented lamp shades. The second room is truly just OK. Really nothing to give 5 circles/stars over. This hotel is a Use-To-Be and is 2 years old from its renovation. The staff is very friendly, but so are the staff at most of the hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Supposedly Tower A has larger rooms than Tower B, but only having been in Tower A I cannot confirm t...
Dear Harry W,

Thanks for the review and thanks for mentioning our friendly staff. We believe we have the best staff in town. Also, let me clear up any confusion about the 2 towers. Rooms are identical in each tower, so fear not. I am sorry that the first room was not up to snuff. But don't give up on us. I can tell from your comments that you have stayed at a number of BWI properties. We would love to be your hotel of choice! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!