“Excellent Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Virginia
“Excellent Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

A great hotel, conveniently located near Arundel Mills Mall and BWI Airport. We were here for a weekend getaway and to visit Medieval Times.

We were greeted by Michael at the Front Desk, who was very warm and friendly. We then got delicious chocolate chip cookies and were upgraded to the HHonors floor of the hotel! Very appreciative and made the weekend that much better.

Highly recommend this hotel for a quick weekend getaway or if you are flying in or out of BWI.

• Stayed February 2013
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear gmumandan,

Thanks for the review! Yes, we are convenient to Medieval Times, Arundel Mills Mall and Maryland Live! Casino. I am glad you enjoyed the room upgrade. Mike is a great representative of Doubletree; thank you for recognizing him and thank you for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

654 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Awesome service the moment we walked in the door!! Mike checked my family in and his service was excellent... Hotel staff was friendly and went out of their way to please. We would stay here again anyday.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Bdunston,

Thanks for the review! We are grateful for the 5 stars! Mike is one of our best; thanks for mentioning him. We look forward to seeing you again.
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've been searching for a good BWI hotel choice as I often go to work in the area. This hotel was my 3rd try (having been at the Sheraton and the Hilton Garden Inn) Neither of those hotels were very good (Sheraton service was poor, Hilton Garden substandard). However, I'm happy to say that the Doubletree is very good choice.

The Good:
First the room: Well-appointed, comfortable bed, decent bathroom.
Front Desk: Felt very welcomed and was offered room choices
Fitness Center: GREAT! Enough cardio equipment and weights to get a decent work out

Room Service: Had an excellent dinner in my room one night. Everything was well-prepared and appealing looking and tasting.

The Not So Good:
Lobby is sterile (but so are the ones at the Sheraton and Westin complex nearby...maybe I'm too old for the new sterile look that seems so popular).

Parking Lot:
Every time I entered or left the lot, I had to dodge other cars because of the narrow entrance. Not sure what they can do about it, but be aware.

TV:
OK....5 sports channels, but no PBS or MSNBC?

Anyway...lots to like...some minor annoyances but I'll be back.

Thanks!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear DanCohen55,

Thanks for the review! I welcome your feedback. Thank you for mentioning so many of our highlights: clean room, great staff, tasty food and fully appointed fitness center. Also, I am pleased to say that as of Monday February 25th, we will have MSNBC. Your voice matters! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Hollywood, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Nice hotel, great staff. The 2nd day of my business trip got cancelled and I was stuck trying to cancel my 2nd night at the hotel at 5:30pm...way past the late check-out. I explained the situation to Mike Rowe and he took care of it...he cancelled my 2nd night without a charge and sent me on my way with a warm chocolate chip cookie! I will definitely be coming back to the DoubleTree BWI on my next business trip in Baltimore!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chris P,

Thanks for the review! As we say here at the hotel: Consider it Done. I am so glad to read that you will be back. We love making loyal guests. Thanks for mentioning Mike, who is one of our many dedicated team members and thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised. For less than $100 per night, I received great service and a great environment. Very clean, neat and comfortable. The decor is sophisticated and modern. I stayed across from an elevator but it made no difference because it was very quiet and there were no disturbances. I had an issue with the drain in the bathroom which was promptly, and I mean PROMPTLY, taken care of by professional and friendly staff members. I recommend Doubletree BWI and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear chara r,

Thanks for the review! I am so glad we could surprise you with our fantastic hotel. We strive hard to deliver good value with a mix of friendly staff, clean rooms, tasty food and beverage and prompt response to issues. It is great to read we won a loyal guest. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Holland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Arrived late in evening for meetings in DC. Stayed at doubletree then traveled to DC the next day with arriving teammates. Doubletree was comfortable and less than five minutes from airport. Decent value for the area. Clean rooms with surprisingly little airport noise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear hjb4971,

Thanks for the review. You highlighted some of our positive attributes: clean rooms, good value, comfortable decor and yes, since we are not on the runway side, quiet, too! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

my friend and I had dinner at the restaurant, we had a bad experience with the waitress(Deb).
ran into mike and he fixed it all he was so very apologetic and turned this bad situation into a real positive ,simi at the front desk is always so cheerful and accommodating. mike rowe and simi are a great asset to this property

jonathan

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear swseven37,

Thanks for the review. While I am dissapointed to hear about your dining experience, I am pleased to know that Mike's efforts saved the day. Both he and Simi are fine representatives of the hotel. Thank you for recognizing them and thank for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!