“Diamond Member upgraded to closet.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay, & Go Package
Ranked #3 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Diamond Member upgraded to closet.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

As the top tier in the Hilton Program I was shocked at the room I was given on New Years day, the hotel was clearly not very booked and I had to be given one of the smallest rooms in the hotel. The air / heat system was so loud. They can not even read my profile preferences away from Elevator my room was 1 door away from it. I was told at check in I was upgraded to the Hilton Honors floor. Oh boy a sign in the hall way that said Hilton Honor Floor. The hotel is ok other then that but they lost me as a customer, Hilton standards require hotels to do a list of things for VIP members this hotel can not do that. Too many other hotels in the area to get a small stuffy room and really not Diamond VIP recognition. It is the little things that matter. This hotel failed me and I would warm other Hilton members with status think twice

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear dcl80,

Thanks for the review. I am sorry the HHonors upgrade was lacking, and we should have done a better job honoring your preferences. We know how important our Diamond members are! Rest assured, your loyalty is important to us. As you say, the little things matter; thanks for the reminder. While there are a few rooms of varying size, most of our rooms are very spacious, so don't give up on us. As a HHonors member, you get the upgraded room which includes the microwave and refridgerator, updgraded bath amentities, complimentary water and complimentary breakfast. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

659 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I only stayed here because we were looking for the cheapest place to lodge before flying home the next day after an wonderful (but exhausting) "all over the east coast" Christmas visit. We got the room for $76.00 - so I was expecting mediocrity.

What a shock.

We got bumped up to the Hilton Honors floor. The room was really nice, spacious, with a big sofa and a king bed. The bed was very, very comfortable - with nice linens. Bathroom was good, with thick towels and great water pressure. The place was very, very clean, and very very soundproofed - so it was quiet and comfortable.

The lobby was lovely, all new furniture and clean as a whistle. They had a real bar - and bar area - and a decent restaurant. We opted for the breakfast buffet which - while not the best I had ever seen, was ample, and diverse enough to make me happy. We ordered eggs from the menu (if you don't want the eggs on the buffet) - so we got these wonderfully crafted omelets from the chef - made to order with all sorts of things that you think make an omelet sooo good (like cheese and spinach, and mushrooms and......).

They had really great internet (free - but not sure if this was a Hilton Honors thing), and the nice warm cookie on check in is always a nice touch. They had what looked to be a decent work-out room (I did not use it), and a outdoors pool (closed for the season of course). Not sure if there was an indoor pool or not.

The business center was incredible - and it really was a shocker. Big beautiful and state of the art machines (PCs). They had these big new monitors that were touch-screen, which gave me a chance to check out the new technology that I had only been reading about in magazines. You can print for free - there are several larger capacity printers and scanners in the business center so I am not talking simply print out your boarding pass. I was able to print a 10 page article that I wanted to read on the plane, and there did not seem to be a limit on the free printing. In addition, you can send a print job to the business center printers from anywhere in the hotel from either your smart phone or wirelessly via your laptop.

The business center was like none I have ever seen - and it was really a welcome amenity (even though I was on holiday and not in my usual "road warrior" mode.

The only downside I would mention from a hotel guest perspective is that they sell parking spots for $5.00 a day so that you can avoid paying the BWI parking rates (the Hotel shuttle will take you to the airport for free). So, for us with a rental car - it was nearly impossible to find a parking spot in the lot for overnight. To be fair - it WAS Christmas week - so it is probably not that bad normally. I would ask that the hotel management reserve a section for "Hotel Guests Only" - preferably near the front of the hotel - so that people like us staying in the hotel can find parking close to the doors. As is - we ended up parking in a dark corner of a large lot - not too close to the hotel entrance. This would be an easy thing for the hotel management to do.

On the counter-side to the parking issue - I would say that if I ever need to park and fly - this would be a great place to get a deal on parking! You just register with the hotel desk, they give you a pass for your window - then you jump the hotel shuttle to the airport (3 miles). I will be sure to send my kids there for BWI parking from now on!

Anyway, great hotel - this will definitely be my home base for my frequent travels to Baltimore for sure. Loved it.

Dear Fitzgig,

Thanks for the review! You did a great job describing what sets us apart from the competition. We strive to provide value with great service and modern amenities, such as up to date business center, complimentary WIFI and a great breakfast buffet. I am sorry parking was a challenge, but it just goes to show you how popular we are as the hotel of choice for discerning travelers. And yes, it was certainly our peak time over the holidays. I am glad we won you over! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The room was a little small, but everything else was really nice! They also have an actual bar. They have a "restaurant" downstairs that serves food until 11pm. You have to pay for breakfast, even if you do continental style. See my pictures for what the room looks like.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear kingshimmers,

Thanks for the review! With 144 reviews, you may be our top reviewer yet! Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. As a seasoned traveler, you know the difference between good and great hotels. Your 5 star rating means the world to us. And thanks for posting pictures; I know it will help other travelers choose Doubletree by Hilton at BWI. I wish you a Happy New Year!
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed here right before deploying to the Middle East, and it made the send-off great. The beds are so comfortable I feel asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. I love how they give you a warm cookie right upon arrival. That's a level of hospitality that rivals a LOT of the hotels I've stayed in in the past. The front desk personnel were very warm and cheerful, which is great to see so early in the morning.
The breakfast buffet was GREAT, to say the least, and the room service impeccable.
Not to mention, free WiFi! For a hotel of this quality, that was quite a pleasant surprise.

*Here's the asterisk: upon my arrival to my deployed location, it was discovered my government travel card was charged TWICE for the stay of the room. This was an error that affected the other people I deployed with, and could have been quite the headache had it gone unnoticed. However, true to their service, a phone call solved this problem and the erroneous charge was refunded within a few days.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
kyle_mohr,

Thanks for the review! God Bless You. Thank you for your service and thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI. Stay safe in during your time in the Middle East.
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was looking for a hotel near baltimore with free wifi and parking. Because many other hotels these days charge for internet and parking. Which could add up a lot of money to the price. This one has it all and I am glad that I picked this one. Thanks so much!

Dear Trilitai,

Thanks for the review. You hit the nail on the head, we provide the best value in town. Comfortable and clean rooms, complimentary shuttle to the airport, free WIFI, spacious business center, plus much more! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Nice clean room near the airport. Enjoyed the cookie at checkin. Lots of free parking. Desk staff was welcoming. Bed was comfortable. Would stay here again. Nothing to complain about at this location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear LBH62,

Thanks for the review. We strive to have the best staff around. And I am thrilled to read that you would stay again. Loyal customers and positive word of mouth are recipes for success. Thanks again and thank for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Bottomline: Clean room, excellent bed, quiet a/c, and THE cookie.
Staff was fantastic - front desk and breaksfast facility.

Some airport flight noise until 11 pm. Did not interfere with our sleep.

Had breakfast included - the variety of fruit, cereal, and breads/muffins were good. We do not eat the 'hot' items (scrambled eggs/bacon/sausage/potatoes) on any buffet - so no comment. Breakfast location/atmosphere was excellent.

Dear Elrod_10,

Thanks for the review. Here at Doubletree by Hilton at BWI we are known for a few things: first and foremost the fresh baked chocolate chip cookie, as well as clean rooms, attentive staff and tasty food and beverage offerings. You experienced them all. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!