I only stayed here because we were looking for the cheapest place to lodge before flying home the next day after an wonderful (but exhausting) "all over the east coast" Christmas visit. We got the room for $76.00 - so I was expecting mediocrity.
What a shock.
We got bumped up to the Hilton Honors floor. The room was really nice, spacious, with a big sofa and a king bed. The bed was very, very comfortable - with nice linens. Bathroom was good, with thick towels and great water pressure. The place was very, very clean, and very very soundproofed - so it was quiet and comfortable.
The lobby was lovely, all new furniture and clean as a whistle. They had a real bar - and bar area - and a decent restaurant. We opted for the breakfast buffet which - while not the best I had ever seen, was ample, and diverse enough to make me happy. We ordered eggs from the menu (if you don't want the eggs on the buffet) - so we got these wonderfully crafted omelets from the chef - made to order with all sorts of things that you think make an omelet sooo good (like cheese and spinach, and mushrooms and......).
They had really great internet (free - but not sure if this was a Hilton Honors thing), and the nice warm cookie on check in is always a nice touch. They had what looked to be a decent work-out room (I did not use it), and a outdoors pool (closed for the season of course). Not sure if there was an indoor pool or not.
The business center was incredible - and it really was a shocker. Big beautiful and state of the art machines (PCs). They had these big new monitors that were touch-screen, which gave me a chance to check out the new technology that I had only been reading about in magazines. You can print for free - there are several larger capacity printers and scanners in the business center so I am not talking simply print out your boarding pass. I was able to print a 10 page article that I wanted to read on the plane, and there did not seem to be a limit on the free printing. In addition, you can send a print job to the business center printers from anywhere in the hotel from either your smart phone or wirelessly via your laptop.
The business center was like none I have ever seen - and it was really a welcome amenity (even though I was on holiday and not in my usual "road warrior" mode.
The only downside I would mention from a hotel guest perspective is that they sell parking spots for $5.00 a day so that you can avoid paying the BWI parking rates (the Hotel shuttle will take you to the airport for free). So, for us with a rental car - it was nearly impossible to find a parking spot in the lot for overnight. To be fair - it WAS Christmas week - so it is probably not that bad normally. I would ask that the hotel management reserve a section for "Hotel Guests Only" - preferably near the front of the hotel - so that people like us staying in the hotel can find parking close to the doors. As is - we ended up parking in a dark corner of a large lot - not too close to the hotel entrance. This would be an easy thing for the hotel management to do.
On the counter-side to the parking issue - I would say that if I ever need to park and fly - this would be a great place to get a deal on parking! You just register with the hotel desk, they give you a pass for your window - then you jump the hotel shuttle to the airport (3 miles). I will be sure to send my kids there for BWI parking from now on!
Anyway, great hotel - this will definitely be my home base for my frequent travels to Baltimore for sure. Loved it.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Bwi Airport Hotel
- Doubletree By Hilton Bwi Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Holiday Inn Linthicum
- Linthicum Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelers expect great atmosphere, amenities and service. Find all this and more at the Doubletree by Hilton Baltimore-BWI Airport Conference Center, where we are poised to meet your every need. Convenient to Baltimore, Maryland, Washington, DC, and Annapolis, MD, our attractive 260-room airport hotel features upgraded high speed Internet and is less than 5 minutes from BWI Airport, and the Amtrak and Baltimore Light Rail stations. The hotel is only 8 miles from Baltimore's Inner Harbor, home of Orioles Park at Camden Yards, the National Aquarium,and the Baltimore Convention Center and business district. We are adjacent to Ciena Corporation offices, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, and Booz Allen Hamilton. The Doubletree by Hilton BWI hotel is only 4 miles from Arundel Mills Mall where you can shop at well-known stores like Bass Pro Shops, Bed Bath & Beyond then enjoy Dave and Buster's restaurant or the Medieval Times Dinner Theatre. Our Conference Center has meeting space ideal for weddings, receptions and reunions. Start the day at this Doubletree by Hilton in Baltimore with a healthy breakfast at Eden's Landing Restaurant or in our gourmet coffee and sundry shop Props. Then enjoy a work-out at our expanded fitness center or shoot some baskets at our outdoor sports court that includes a swimming pool and volleyball court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.