“Incredible Service” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 20%
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
“Incredible Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The manager, Dee Dee and her staff treated my colleague to a most enjoyable stay. We were in town for a major presentation. The accomadations and service of this hotel were outstanding. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Baltimore. Craig Bilderback, President, INMOTION LLC

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Craig B.,

Thanks for the review! Dee Dee is one of our best and a shining example of customer service. Thanks for the recommendation, this means the world to us.

570 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Oakville, ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for three nights because we were touring DC anf NYC. Found the staff were good at both customer service and were treated well by their management. Talked to several staff that have been with this employer for over twenty years. Enjoyed eating at the eatery and reading the newspapers provided by them. Enjoyed having a coffee provided by them at 4:00 a.m. but after 5:00 a.m. you are on your own. Management may want to change this policy in providing a free coffee to their guests. I even tallked to the person doing a staff orientation to new hires and appeared to know whaat see was doing. I gave her positive feedback because I have a background in both customer service and adult education. Staying at one of your Pittsburgh aarea location because of the positive experience at your location. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Not noisey because it is near the airport.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear bob55russell,

Thanks for the review. We are thrilled to hear that your stay with us influenced your decision to stay with other Doubletrees! We have so many hard working, loyal associates here, some of which indeed have been working for 20, 25 and even 30 years! Bar none, we have the best team in the entire BWI market. Thanks for noticing and thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I travel to the Baltimore area quite frequently to work with one of my company's best clients, Under Armour. Originally from the area, I have the luxury of staying with friends and family quite often. Recently, however, we have begun to have more staff traveling to the area, and it is my responsibility to arrange accommodations that are not only convenient, but a nice place to rest, re-charge, and conduct business. It's essential that my employees are well rested and able to have access to the amenities such as workout facilities to stay sharp and de-stress, and lounge areas to conduct impromptu gatherings to discuss the days events. I visited a few hotels in the past few months to decide which hotel would have the best mix of services that benefitted our needs the most. My first choice: The Doubletree BWI. This hotel fit the bill perfectly, as it is extremely convenient (the 24 hr. airport shuttle service is a huge plus!), the beds are comfortable (this is a must have), and the staff is knowledgeable , friendly, and willing to do those "little things" to make everyone's stay more enjoyable. Surprisingly, it's budget friendly, which is not usually the case for a hotel that boasts a restaurant/lounge?! This has quickly become my desired hotel anytime I need to book a hotel in the area. In fact, we'll be seeing you again in about a week!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sherri B,

Thanks for the review. Sounds like we should raise our prices! All kidding aside, we strive hard to deliver the best value for the money. We know that great service and a clean, well maintained product make all the difference. Thank you for your loyalty and thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI!
Cayman Islands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

First time I have stayed at the hotel and as with most Hilton properties check in was good with friendly employees. I arrived at 830pm and left at 415am so not much time to give a great review of everything at the hotel but the bar seemed busy and lively for a Tuesday night. The room was very nice and modern with a comfy bed. The bathrooms, in my opinion, could be upgraded to fleet the room style. Overall a very nice hotel. I heard the ice machine thru the night as was very close to the service area, this did not help my sleep quality. There are 2 towers and my room was in the B tower.

Room Tip: My room was by the elevator, even though it states on my profile away from the elevator, and I could...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear CaymanGreg,

Thanks for the review. Your stay was brief; maybe next time you will get a chance to enjoy all of our amenities! The hotel is jumping because this is the place to stay when traveling to Baltimore. You said it: comfy beds, modern rooms, lively lounge. Just the thing to relax after a hard day of work and travel. We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Now I must preface this review by stating that I was in town for my sister's wedding shower and bachelorette party...to say that I was busy, stressed and overwhelmed would be an understatement. I flew to Baltimore from California and arrived at the wonderful hour of 2 a.m. and completely exhausted. Thankfully I was checked- in and in my room in 5 minutes.

When I got to the room the t.v. would not turn on. I called the front desk to tell them the situation and hoped to have someone to my room in about an hour, not because that's what they said, that has just been experience with other hotels in the past at "normal" hours, not two in the morning!!! This was not the case at the at the Doubletree Hotel. The polite and professional maintenance man was in my room and had the t.v. hooked up in less than 20 minutes.

The next evening was wedding shower peraration time. Not wanting to go out for dinner I decided to order food from the room service menu, which is quite resonably priced.....no $25 burgers here. Anyway, I tried something I do not normally order. Unfortunately, I didn't really like it. I called down to the resturaunt hoping to get another meal in place of the one that I ordered. I was shocked when Chef Sam got on the phone. Not only would he get me something that was more to my liking but he wanted to know what it was about my meal that I did not care for, so that he could use that information in the future. Completely impressed with his care and concern for his patrons, food and reputation. Outstanding Chef Sam.

The next day the shower was a hit and after 5 days of being in town, and with only two hours of sleep the night before my flight out, I was really ready to go home. I packed my things, left the hotel, and returned my rental car. While on the shuttle to the airport I realized I left my phone in the hotel room. Panic quickly set in.

On a wing and a prayer I called the hotel from the airport pay phone, told them my situation and asked if they could get my phone from the room and give it to the airport shuttle driver on his next scheduled stop to the airport. The front desk personel said that he would take care of it. 15 minutes later, not during a regular shuttle run, I had my cell phone in hand and was heading through security. SERIOUSLY.....who does this?......Doubletree does.

My husband and I travel requently both for business and pleasure....I have NEVER had, nor have I ever heard of this kind of service anywhere. On my next trip to Baltimore, I will be staying at this Doubletree again and if you are heading to the Baltimore/Washington area, so should you, because when things go wrong, you will be glad you chose this Doubletree Hotel with their, professional, amazing, "getting it done".....with a smile staff.

Thanks again for the pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear GoingCoastal2012,

Thanks for the review! I just love your question and answer: "who does this"?....."Doubletree does"! When it comes to going above and beyond for our guest, we do! I am so glad we could win you over as a loyal guest. We look forward to your return. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I've been coming to this hotel since is was a Holiday Inn, and what Hilton was able to do with the property, decor, atmosphere, lounge, restaurant, etc. is a remarkable improvement from what it was. Don't be afraid to book a room here based on the idea that it's just a flipped Holiday Inn, this hotel is professionally run with a good and caring staff. If your lucky enough, you'll get to be served by Lew the bartender before he retires, but if he's not there, Kristy is terrific as well. The fitness room had a 100% complete makeover and is top-notch. The pool has a lifeguard, if you happen to be there in the summer with children. I highly recommend this hotel, I'll be staying there again next week !!

Room Tip: Staying in the 'A' Tower I think is a better choice, in the 'B' tower the shower wat...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Eric1161968,

Thanks for the review! We hope Lew will be with us for quite some time yet! Even so, we have plenty of other dedicated hospitality professionals as part of our Food and Beverage team. We are very proud to be part of the Hilton family and believe that our product, decor, and service is unmatched in the BWI market. We are grateful for your loyalty. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We checked in uneventfully. When we got to our room, we find that it is the handicapped room. We return to the front desk to request another room as none of us are handicapped.

We were told that when a person books through Priceline, the reservation is assigned the handicapped room. When we requested another room, we were told the hotel was booked.

When we returned to the room we were surprised to be offered a reservation with this same hotel for the same length of stay via Expedia. Smells like a conspiracy.

All I can say to Priceline bargainers - beware of this hotel and others who assign you the handicapped room.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Girldrayton,

Thanks for the review. I hope you had a good stay. I am not sure I understand what you mean by "conspiracy". I am sorry you felt duped. Rest assured, we assign rooms by requested bed type- not by reservation method. You were assigned a room based on your room type request. We always strive to honor our guest's bed type preference above all else. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!