Now I must preface this review by stating that I was in town for my sister's wedding shower and bachelorette party...to say that I was busy, stressed and overwhelmed would be an understatement. I flew to Baltimore from California and arrived at the wonderful hour of 2 a.m. and completely exhausted. Thankfully I was checked- in and in my room in 5 minutes.
When I got to the room the t.v. would not turn on. I called the front desk to tell them the situation and hoped to have someone to my room in about an hour, not because that's what they said, that has just been experience with other hotels in the past at "normal" hours, not two in the morning!!! This was not the case at the at the Doubletree Hotel. The polite and professional maintenance man was in my room and had the t.v. hooked up in less than 20 minutes.
The next evening was wedding shower peraration time. Not wanting to go out for dinner I decided to order food from the room service menu, which is quite resonably priced.....no $25 burgers here. Anyway, I tried something I do not normally order. Unfortunately, I didn't really like it. I called down to the resturaunt hoping to get another meal in place of the one that I ordered. I was shocked when Chef Sam got on the phone. Not only would he get me something that was more to my liking but he wanted to know what it was about my meal that I did not care for, so that he could use that information in the future. Completely impressed with his care and concern for his patrons, food and reputation. Outstanding Chef Sam.
The next day the shower was a hit and after 5 days of being in town, and with only two hours of sleep the night before my flight out, I was really ready to go home. I packed my things, left the hotel, and returned my rental car. While on the shuttle to the airport I realized I left my phone in the hotel room. Panic quickly set in.
On a wing and a prayer I called the hotel from the airport pay phone, told them my situation and asked if they could get my phone from the room and give it to the airport shuttle driver on his next scheduled stop to the airport. The front desk personel said that he would take care of it. 15 minutes later, not during a regular shuttle run, I had my cell phone in hand and was heading through security. SERIOUSLY.....who does this?......Doubletree does.
My husband and I travel requently both for business and pleasure....I have NEVER had, nor have I ever heard of this kind of service anywhere. On my next trip to Baltimore, I will be staying at this Doubletree again and if you are heading to the Baltimore/Washington area, so should you, because when things go wrong, you will be glad you chose this Doubletree Hotel with their, professional, amazing, "getting it done".....with a smile staff.
Thanks again for the pleasant stay.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Bwi Airport Hotel
- Doubletree By Hilton Bwi Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Holiday Inn Linthicum
- Linthicum Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelers expect great atmosphere, amenities and service. Find all this and more at the Doubletree by Hilton Baltimore-BWI Airport Conference Center, where we are poised to meet your every need. Convenient to Baltimore, Maryland, Washington, DC, and Annapolis, MD, our attractive 260-room airport hotel features upgraded high speed Internet and is less than 5 minutes from BWI Airport, and the Amtrak and Baltimore Light Rail stations. The hotel is only 8 miles from Baltimore's Inner Harbor, home of Orioles Park at Camden Yards, the National Aquarium,and the Baltimore Convention Center and business district. We are adjacent to Ciena Corporation offices, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, and Booz Allen Hamilton. The Doubletree by Hilton BWI hotel is only 4 miles from Arundel Mills Mall where you can shop at well-known stores like Bass Pro Shops, Bed Bath & Beyond then enjoy Dave and Buster's restaurant or the Medieval Times Dinner Theatre. Our Conference Center has meeting space ideal for weddings, receptions and reunions. Start the day at this Doubletree by Hilton in Baltimore with a healthy breakfast at Eden's Landing Restaurant or in our gourmet coffee and sundry shop Props. Then enjoy a work-out at our expanded fitness center or shoot some baskets at our outdoor sports court that includes a swimming pool and volleyball court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.