“Unmatched Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Sacramento, California
“Unmatched Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Now I must preface this review by stating that I was in town for my sister's wedding shower and bachelorette party...to say that I was busy, stressed and overwhelmed would be an understatement. I flew to Baltimore from California and arrived at the wonderful hour of 2 a.m. and completely exhausted. Thankfully I was checked- in and in my room in 5 minutes.

When I got to the room the t.v. would not turn on. I called the front desk to tell them the situation and hoped to have someone to my room in about an hour, not because that's what they said, that has just been experience with other hotels in the past at "normal" hours, not two in the morning!!! This was not the case at the at the Doubletree Hotel. The polite and professional maintenance man was in my room and had the t.v. hooked up in less than 20 minutes.

The next evening was wedding shower peraration time. Not wanting to go out for dinner I decided to order food from the room service menu, which is quite resonably priced.....no $25 burgers here. Anyway, I tried something I do not normally order. Unfortunately, I didn't really like it. I called down to the resturaunt hoping to get another meal in place of the one that I ordered. I was shocked when Chef Sam got on the phone. Not only would he get me something that was more to my liking but he wanted to know what it was about my meal that I did not care for, so that he could use that information in the future. Completely impressed with his care and concern for his patrons, food and reputation. Outstanding Chef Sam.

The next day the shower was a hit and after 5 days of being in town, and with only two hours of sleep the night before my flight out, I was really ready to go home. I packed my things, left the hotel, and returned my rental car. While on the shuttle to the airport I realized I left my phone in the hotel room. Panic quickly set in.

On a wing and a prayer I called the hotel from the airport pay phone, told them my situation and asked if they could get my phone from the room and give it to the airport shuttle driver on his next scheduled stop to the airport. The front desk personel said that he would take care of it. 15 minutes later, not during a regular shuttle run, I had my cell phone in hand and was heading through security. SERIOUSLY.....who does this?......Doubletree does.

My husband and I travel requently both for business and pleasure....I have NEVER had, nor have I ever heard of this kind of service anywhere. On my next trip to Baltimore, I will be staying at this Doubletree again and if you are heading to the Baltimore/Washington area, so should you, because when things go wrong, you will be glad you chose this Doubletree Hotel with their, professional, amazing, "getting it done".....with a smile staff.

Thanks again for the pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear GoingCoastal2012,

Thanks for the review! I just love your question and answer: "who does this"?....."Doubletree does"! When it comes to going above and beyond for our guest, we do! I am so glad we could win you over as a loyal guest. We look forward to your return. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I've been coming to this hotel since is was a Holiday Inn, and what Hilton was able to do with the property, decor, atmosphere, lounge, restaurant, etc. is a remarkable improvement from what it was. Don't be afraid to book a room here based on the idea that it's just a flipped Holiday Inn, this hotel is professionally run with a good and caring staff. If your lucky enough, you'll get to be served by Lew the bartender before he retires, but if he's not there, Kristy is terrific as well. The fitness room had a 100% complete makeover and is top-notch. The pool has a lifeguard, if you happen to be there in the summer with children. I highly recommend this hotel, I'll be staying there again next week !!

Room Tip: Staying in the 'A' Tower I think is a better choice, in the 'B' tower the shower wat...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Eric1161968,

Thanks for the review! We hope Lew will be with us for quite some time yet! Even so, we have plenty of other dedicated hospitality professionals as part of our Food and Beverage team. We are very proud to be part of the Hilton family and believe that our product, decor, and service is unmatched in the BWI market. We are grateful for your loyalty. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We checked in uneventfully. When we got to our room, we find that it is the handicapped room. We return to the front desk to request another room as none of us are handicapped.

We were told that when a person books through Priceline, the reservation is assigned the handicapped room. When we requested another room, we were told the hotel was booked.

When we returned to the room we were surprised to be offered a reservation with this same hotel for the same length of stay via Expedia. Smells like a conspiracy.

All I can say to Priceline bargainers - beware of this hotel and others who assign you the handicapped room.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Girldrayton,

Thanks for the review. I hope you had a good stay. I am not sure I understand what you mean by "conspiracy". I am sorry you felt duped. Rest assured, we assign rooms by requested bed type- not by reservation method. You were assigned a room based on your room type request. We always strive to honor our guest's bed type preference above all else. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
hawthore, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Mike Rowe and Desiree at the front desk do not just understand the meaning of excellent service, they deliver it. We were traveling with some friends on a weekend get a way and took our pets. Mike and Desiree really went beyond the extra mile to make sure we were more than comfortable with our accomodations our pets were ok. He even offered to check on them while we took in a ball game at Camden Yards. Mike did more for us than I would have expected or have experienced at any other hotel I have ever stayed at! They made us feel right at home from the moment we arrived! Anytime I need to stay in the Batlimore Area the Doubletree, Baltimore - BWI Airport will be my only choice!!!!

Room Tip: We were overlooking the pool and the rooms were nice and peaceful!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Sal L,

Thanks for the review! Mike and Desiree are great representatives of the Doubletree by Hilton service culture. We know that great service makes all the difference. I am so glad you will be back. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Central Islip, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here for one Friday night and was pleasantly greeted by the front desk staff who acknowledged my Hilton Honors status with some much appreciated amenities. The hotel is pleasantly modern. As this is an airport property I expected to see some wear in the hallways and elevators but obviously hotel management and the maintenance staff are on top of things because I saw no signs of wear and tear. The room was a comfortable size, very clean, had a flat screen TV and, at last, a sufficient number of desktop outlets to plug in 3-4 devices. The buffet breakfast does leave something to be desired but you can always order fresh from the menu. The location is very convenient to BWI and to several restaurants and even a movie theater close by. I would stay here again without hesitation and would enthusiastically recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Pedro V,

Thanks for the review. You hit some our highlights: contemporary decor, large comfortable rooms, clean and well maintained public space, convenient location, just to name a few. We appreciate the recommendation. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stay here off and on with my company and have finally found time to write a review. It is a typical DoubleTree property by Hilton (I've stayed at worse and I've stayed at just a few nicer). You get the great beds, the modern decor and of course the warm chocolate chip cookies upon check-in.

The hotel itself has a nice look and feel, both the common areas and the rooms. Everything is very clean. The decor is up-to-date, design-savvy and appealing. The rooms are on the larger side with a large dresser/tv stand, couch, coffee table and desk. Flat-screen TV and plenty of outlets make for easy entertainment. The bathtub/shower is a bit outdated, but the rest of the bathroom was nicely done and decorated...save for the bit of chipping/peeling pain in one corner of the ceiling.

Some things I really liked about the hotel were the fitness center and the business center. The fitness center is well-maintained with nice equipment (each has it's own HDTV attached) and free-weights. Towels were rolled and ready at each machine upon entering. There is also a counter with complimentary apples and a mini-fridge filled with chilled bottles of water. Perfect! The business center is up-to-date and its computers offer all the programs (unless you are looking for something special) you would need to work on projects, presentations, etc.

Things that turned me off about this property were the fact that the doors and walls facing the hallway are not very good at blocking out noise. I have been awoken many times in the morning by housekeeping rapping on neighboring doors (even further down the hall) and shouting 'housekeeping!'. Additionally, one of the women that typically mans the bar can be quit brash and not very customer-service oriented. I am not sure of her name.

Overall, I am happy with this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear SomnioAmo,

Thanks for the review. I am so glad to read that you are happy with the hotel and a repeat customer. Thanks for mentioning the business center. We just recently upgraded all of the equipment in an effort to stay as modern as possible, so thanks for noticing. Also, thanks for mentioning the cleanliness. We work hard to ensure the hotel is as clean as possible. We know it makes a difference! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We loved this room, it was a large room with lots of seating area. The bed extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet, which is $15, is not great skip it. No free coffee anywhere. They have a real hair dryer, just like at home, no chintzy on the wall mini dryer. Next time in the area will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Needleart,

Thanks for the review. Our rooms are some of the best in the market; I am glad you enjoyed it. I am also glad to read that we have won your loyalty! We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!