“Handicap rooms are for Priceline customers” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Stay, & Go Package
Ranked #3 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
“Handicap rooms are for Priceline customers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We checked in uneventfully. When we got to our room, we find that it is the handicapped room. We return to the front desk to request another room as none of us are handicapped.

We were told that when a person books through Priceline, the reservation is assigned the handicapped room. When we requested another room, we were told the hotel was booked.

When we returned to the room we were surprised to be offered a reservation with this same hotel for the same length of stay via Expedia. Smells like a conspiracy.

All I can say to Priceline bargainers - beware of this hotel and others who assign you the handicapped room.

• Stayed September 2012
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Girldrayton,

Thanks for the review. I hope you had a good stay. I am not sure I understand what you mean by "conspiracy". I am sorry you felt duped. Rest assured, we assign rooms by requested bed type- not by reservation method. You were assigned a room based on your room type request. We always strive to honor our guest's bed type preference above all else. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

689 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
hawthore, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Mike Rowe and Desiree at the front desk do not just understand the meaning of excellent service, they deliver it. We were traveling with some friends on a weekend get a way and took our pets. Mike and Desiree really went beyond the extra mile to make sure we were more than comfortable with our accomodations our pets were ok. He even offered to check on them while we took in a ball game at Camden Yards. Mike did more for us than I would have expected or have experienced at any other hotel I have ever stayed at! They made us feel right at home from the moment we arrived! Anytime I need to stay in the Batlimore Area the Doubletree, Baltimore - BWI Airport will be my only choice!!!!

Room Tip: We were overlooking the pool and the rooms were nice and peaceful!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Sal L,

Thanks for the review! Mike and Desiree are great representatives of the Doubletree by Hilton service culture. We know that great service makes all the difference. I am so glad you will be back. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Central Islip, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here for one Friday night and was pleasantly greeted by the front desk staff who acknowledged my Hilton Honors status with some much appreciated amenities. The hotel is pleasantly modern. As this is an airport property I expected to see some wear in the hallways and elevators but obviously hotel management and the maintenance staff are on top of things because I saw no signs of wear and tear. The room was a comfortable size, very clean, had a flat screen TV and, at last, a sufficient number of desktop outlets to plug in 3-4 devices. The buffet breakfast does leave something to be desired but you can always order fresh from the menu. The location is very convenient to BWI and to several restaurants and even a movie theater close by. I would stay here again without hesitation and would enthusiastically recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Pedro V,

Thanks for the review. You hit some our highlights: contemporary decor, large comfortable rooms, clean and well maintained public space, convenient location, just to name a few. We appreciate the recommendation. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stay here off and on with my company and have finally found time to write a review. It is a typical DoubleTree property by Hilton (I've stayed at worse and I've stayed at just a few nicer). You get the great beds, the modern decor and of course the warm chocolate chip cookies upon check-in.

The hotel itself has a nice look and feel, both the common areas and the rooms. Everything is very clean. The decor is up-to-date, design-savvy and appealing. The rooms are on the larger side with a large dresser/tv stand, couch, coffee table and desk. Flat-screen TV and plenty of outlets make for easy entertainment. The bathtub/shower is a bit outdated, but the rest of the bathroom was nicely done and decorated...save for the bit of chipping/peeling pain in one corner of the ceiling.

Some things I really liked about the hotel were the fitness center and the business center. The fitness center is well-maintained with nice equipment (each has it's own HDTV attached) and free-weights. Towels were rolled and ready at each machine upon entering. There is also a counter with complimentary apples and a mini-fridge filled with chilled bottles of water. Perfect! The business center is up-to-date and its computers offer all the programs (unless you are looking for something special) you would need to work on projects, presentations, etc.

Things that turned me off about this property were the fact that the doors and walls facing the hallway are not very good at blocking out noise. I have been awoken many times in the morning by housekeeping rapping on neighboring doors (even further down the hall) and shouting 'housekeeping!'. Additionally, one of the women that typically mans the bar can be quit brash and not very customer-service oriented. I am not sure of her name.

Overall, I am happy with this hotel.

Dear SomnioAmo,

Thanks for the review. I am so glad to read that you are happy with the hotel and a repeat customer. Thanks for mentioning the business center. We just recently upgraded all of the equipment in an effort to stay as modern as possible, so thanks for noticing. Also, thanks for mentioning the cleanliness. We work hard to ensure the hotel is as clean as possible. We know it makes a difference! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We loved this room, it was a large room with lots of seating area. The bed extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet, which is $15, is not great skip it. No free coffee anywhere. They have a real hair dryer, just like at home, no chintzy on the wall mini dryer. Next time in the area will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Needleart,

Thanks for the review. Our rooms are some of the best in the market; I am glad you enjoyed it. I am also glad to read that we have won your loyalty! We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

If you are like me, a businessman traveling for work, this hotel is great. It's clean, has renovated, top notch rooms, a restaurant, and of course, the cookie. It also has free bottled water (in the gym) and apples galore at the front desk. And when you check in, a cookie. It has the requisite pool, gift shop, and restaurant / bar as well - so I imagine it would work for a family although it's not in a family area or environment.

Shortcomings:
1. I was gone from 10a-4P and when I got back, my room had not been cleaned. When they knocked at 5P, I said - I'll be gone in 15 minutes. My room was never cleaned. That's inexcusable.

2. $15 breakfast buffett worse than a Courrtyard Marriott $10 one. Fruit, cereal, yogurt, and a few hot entrees (eggs, sausage, etc). For $15, you should have an omelette station. Dinner, btw, was very good. Costly, but good.

3. My phone didn't work - pure static. Even the front desk couldn't hear me. They sent up the engineer who just shrugged and left.

4. Thin walls to outside - ie you hear people talking in the parking lot (from the 3rd floor).

But it was clean, easy to access, and an overall positive stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room - perhaps you'll miss the parking lot conversations.
Dear TravelManSouth,

Thanks for the review. We certainly cater to the business traveler during the week, but we also know we have all of the amenitiies the leisure traveler is looking for: close to the airport, close to Arundel Mills Mall and Maryland Casino, 3 meal restaurant and coffee shop, outdoor pool and sports court, ample parking, free wifi- just to name a few. I am glad to read that overall you would rate your experience as a positive stay, in spite of some "shortcomings". You mention "clean" twice. Thank you! We know that cleanliness is important, so we make it one of our primary focuses. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Good afternoon,

I would like to acknowledge two of your front desk agents, Chereen T. & Serah N. I am an Airtran Airways crew member & this is my first time staying at this location & I must admit I haven't received such great customer service like this in a long time.#1. Before arriving at the Doubletree Chereen & Serah provided accurate times for the airport shuttle, the shuttle was prompt & on time as provided. #2. Myself & my crew were greeted with refreshing smiles, professionalism, & accomadated promptly, even in the midst of the busy hour. I even watched as they both took care of other guest in the same manner. Finally my room was not cleaned yet however due to Chereen & Serah's eagerness to assist, I was quickly put in a room that was ready. These two ladies are truly an asset to the hotel/company & if I could premote them, I would. This type of customer service MUST be acknowledged & these two ladies definitely set the standard!

Thankful for excellent customer service,

Michael Hill
Airtran Airways

• Stayed September 2012
Dear redflyboy,

Thanks for the review! This is high praise coming from an airline crew member that spends so many nights in hotels. Chereen and Serah are 2 of our best; thank you for recognizing them. We are proud to be a partner with Southwest and Airtran. I wish you safe travels.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!