“A Solid Doubletree Property” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Park, Stay & Fly
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Central Islip, New York
“A Solid Doubletree Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here for one Friday night and was pleasantly greeted by the front desk staff who acknowledged my Hilton Honors status with some much appreciated amenities. The hotel is pleasantly modern. As this is an airport property I expected to see some wear in the hallways and elevators but obviously hotel management and the maintenance staff are on top of things because I saw no signs of wear and tear. The room was a comfortable size, very clean, had a flat screen TV and, at last, a sufficient number of desktop outlets to plug in 3-4 devices. The buffet breakfast does leave something to be desired but you can always order fresh from the menu. The location is very convenient to BWI and to several restaurants and even a movie theater close by. I would stay here again without hesitation and would enthusiastically recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Pedro V,

Thanks for the review. You hit some our highlights: contemporary decor, large comfortable rooms, clean and well maintained public space, convenient location, just to name a few. We appreciate the recommendation. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stay here off and on with my company and have finally found time to write a review. It is a typical DoubleTree property by Hilton (I've stayed at worse and I've stayed at just a few nicer). You get the great beds, the modern decor and of course the warm chocolate chip cookies upon check-in.

The hotel itself has a nice look and feel, both the common areas and the rooms. Everything is very clean. The decor is up-to-date, design-savvy and appealing. The rooms are on the larger side with a large dresser/tv stand, couch, coffee table and desk. Flat-screen TV and plenty of outlets make for easy entertainment. The bathtub/shower is a bit outdated, but the rest of the bathroom was nicely done and decorated...save for the bit of chipping/peeling pain in one corner of the ceiling.

Some things I really liked about the hotel were the fitness center and the business center. The fitness center is well-maintained with nice equipment (each has it's own HDTV attached) and free-weights. Towels were rolled and ready at each machine upon entering. There is also a counter with complimentary apples and a mini-fridge filled with chilled bottles of water. Perfect! The business center is up-to-date and its computers offer all the programs (unless you are looking for something special) you would need to work on projects, presentations, etc.

Things that turned me off about this property were the fact that the doors and walls facing the hallway are not very good at blocking out noise. I have been awoken many times in the morning by housekeeping rapping on neighboring doors (even further down the hall) and shouting 'housekeeping!'. Additionally, one of the women that typically mans the bar can be quit brash and not very customer-service oriented. I am not sure of her name.

Overall, I am happy with this hotel.

Dear SomnioAmo,

Thanks for the review. I am so glad to read that you are happy with the hotel and a repeat customer. Thanks for mentioning the business center. We just recently upgraded all of the equipment in an effort to stay as modern as possible, so thanks for noticing. Also, thanks for mentioning the cleanliness. We work hard to ensure the hotel is as clean as possible. We know it makes a difference! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We loved this room, it was a large room with lots of seating area. The bed extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet, which is $15, is not great skip it. No free coffee anywhere. They have a real hair dryer, just like at home, no chintzy on the wall mini dryer. Next time in the area will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Needleart,

Thanks for the review. Our rooms are some of the best in the market; I am glad you enjoyed it. I am also glad to read that we have won your loyalty! We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

If you are like me, a businessman traveling for work, this hotel is great. It's clean, has renovated, top notch rooms, a restaurant, and of course, the cookie. It also has free bottled water (in the gym) and apples galore at the front desk. And when you check in, a cookie. It has the requisite pool, gift shop, and restaurant / bar as well - so I imagine it would work for a family although it's not in a family area or environment.

Shortcomings:
1. I was gone from 10a-4P and when I got back, my room had not been cleaned. When they knocked at 5P, I said - I'll be gone in 15 minutes. My room was never cleaned. That's inexcusable.

2. $15 breakfast buffett worse than a Courrtyard Marriott $10 one. Fruit, cereal, yogurt, and a few hot entrees (eggs, sausage, etc). For $15, you should have an omelette station. Dinner, btw, was very good. Costly, but good.

3. My phone didn't work - pure static. Even the front desk couldn't hear me. They sent up the engineer who just shrugged and left.

4. Thin walls to outside - ie you hear people talking in the parking lot (from the 3rd floor).

But it was clean, easy to access, and an overall positive stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room - perhaps you'll miss the parking lot conversations.
Dear TravelManSouth,

Thanks for the review. We certainly cater to the business traveler during the week, but we also know we have all of the amenitiies the leisure traveler is looking for: close to the airport, close to Arundel Mills Mall and Maryland Casino, 3 meal restaurant and coffee shop, outdoor pool and sports court, ample parking, free wifi- just to name a few. I am glad to read that overall you would rate your experience as a positive stay, in spite of some "shortcomings". You mention "clean" twice. Thank you! We know that cleanliness is important, so we make it one of our primary focuses. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Good afternoon,

I would like to acknowledge two of your front desk agents, Chereen T. & Serah N. I am an Airtran Airways crew member & this is my first time staying at this location & I must admit I haven't received such great customer service like this in a long time.#1. Before arriving at the Doubletree Chereen & Serah provided accurate times for the airport shuttle, the shuttle was prompt & on time as provided. #2. Myself & my crew were greeted with refreshing smiles, professionalism, & accomadated promptly, even in the midst of the busy hour. I even watched as they both took care of other guest in the same manner. Finally my room was not cleaned yet however due to Chereen & Serah's eagerness to assist, I was quickly put in a room that was ready. These two ladies are truly an asset to the hotel/company & if I could premote them, I would. This type of customer service MUST be acknowledged & these two ladies definitely set the standard!

Thankful for excellent customer service,

Michael Hill
Airtran Airways

• Stayed September 2012
Dear redflyboy,

Thanks for the review! This is high praise coming from an airline crew member that spends so many nights in hotels. Chereen and Serah are 2 of our best; thank you for recognizing them. We are proud to be a partner with Southwest and Airtran. I wish you safe travels.
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We are Hilton members and booked a night at this hotel on my BD since ES was completely booked for 2 days. Glad we did since this was the best offer by far. Our first time at DoubleTree and absolutely loved it. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Has an outdoor pool very clean with a basketball court. The shuttle service is a great convenience less than 2 miles from the airport. The staff there is awesome with every need met exceptionally above and beyond any service we have had close to home or internationally. Thanks Dee Dee for a great stay on my BD and our return trip from Jamaica. Thanks to Job too for the hot homemade chocolate chip cookies.

Room Tip: Book on line and register to become a Hilton member to save points for free stays. Rooms on higher f...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear WorldTravelers2013,

Thanks for the review. We love hearing from first time customers! Dee Dee is our night manager on duty and a real ray of sunshine- thanks for recognizing her. Jobi, too, is an excellent representative. We look forward top your return, and we will have more delicious cookies at the ready. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Paw Paw, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Excellent hotel, though the decor was far to modern for my tastes. The rooms were a tad small, but very antiquate. My sole issue was the lack of electrical outlets in the room. I finally had to move the chair to get to a plug to charge my iPad. The lamp stand by the bed had two outlets, but both were not working. The lamp on the desk had one outlet, but it was so low to the table that a iPad connector would not fit. Breakfast was great, the bed comfortable, and the front desk very helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear RobRoy47,

Thanks for the review. Great food, comfortable room and great service! You described us to a tee! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!