“MUST STAY” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Baltimore, Maryland
“MUST STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Hands down one of the nicest hotels we stayed at. The personalized service is like no other. We were greeted at the check in desk with home made fresh chocolate chip oatmeal cookies then led to a beautiful clean comfortable hotel room, comfortable beds and sweet dream pillows.
Their motto here is C.I.D Consider it done! It held true through out our stay. Will definitely stay here again no need to look any further
Lew and Rudy will take great care of yo at the dining room and bar. Food is fabulous not over priced, easy access to airport , shopping and UMBC

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear verypicky676,

Thanks for the review! Yes, our motto most certainly is "C.I.D.", Consider it Done. We take great pride in providing a high level of service to each and every guest, so I am glad that we were able to come through for you. Thanks for mentioning Lew and Rudy, they are both long term employees and excellent examples of hospitality professionals! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I have to start off with the fact that I stayed there on the government's dollar, and therefore received a government rate room. This is the first time that I've noticed a hotel having specific rooms for the rate. In other words, I looked up the hotel on the web and it listed several amenities, particularly a microwave and refrigerator in the rooms. I was very disappointed not to have them in my room, as my coworkers and I were staying for a week. As I was browsing the website, my suspicions were raised about breakfast. I called the hotel and asked if they offered ANY type of breakfast complimentary. The lady on the phone said that if I was staying for the government rate that I'd receive a voucher upon checking in. When the first two of us arrived, the man at the desk was at first very cordial, giving us free cookies for who knows what kind of promotion. But when we asked about the breakfast vouchers, he simply looked at his computer screen and informed us that we didn't get them with our type of room. No further explanation, and his demeanor changed significantly. Our coworker who made the reservations later told us that apparently we hadn't booked soon enough. It all sounds fishy to me.

The breakfast buffet is a pricey $15, with fruit, cereal, breads and precooked hot items like eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, pancakes and sweet-filled crepes. There is a sundry shop, and it wasn't crazy expensive. We never ate dinner there, so all I can say is the menu in the room seemed pretty expensive. The room is nice, there is no counter space in the bathroom (at least in our cheap rooms), but the cable is good. The fitness room is also satisfactory. The bedding is nice, fluffy pillows with a fluffy comforter. My clock radio turned itself on like a phantom half an hour after trying to hook my mp3 player up to it. Bottom line, you're getting a clean place to sleep. If you're looking for value in extras, I would point you to the competition down the road by the name of Embassy Suites. They were very unfortunately booked up for their like-rated rooms.

Dear Stacie K,

Thanks for the review. It gives me a chance to clear up some confusion. Regarding your room: the microwave and fridge are listed in the "deluxe room" description, not as part of the standard room. The room you received was not a "goverment room", we don't assign rooms by rate, we assign rooms by which ever room type you booked. You received a standard room, which is our most common room type. I am sorry for any confusion. As for the cookie you received at check-in, that was not part of a promotion, but part of what makes every Doubletree special! Every guest gets a warm, fresh, chocolate chip and walnut cookie at check-in. It is a small way of saying "thanks" for staying with us!

Thanks for mentioning some of our highlights such as "Props" sundry shop, our clean and spacious rooms, comfortable beds, and full breakfast buffet. We hope to see you again!
CHICAGO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This visit started out a bit sketchy, but I must say that in the end, I was pleased and would gladly return to this facility and refer colleagues that have business in the area. The close proximity to BWI and Amtrak is a plus, and an added attraction is that the shuttle operates 24 hours.
Totally not related to the service levels- The restaurant menu could stand some updating, and I wasn't particularly thrilled about being handed several pieces of paper stapled together, but that is something that can be addressed.

Dear Ajetlgd1,

Thank you for the review. I am so glad our efforts won you over. We are always working on our menu and adding fresh seasonal items, so rest assured, when you return the menu will be new and fresh. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI airport.
Rochester Hills, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My friend reserved 1room for 2day. Here are the issues...
1) The staff gave me hard time to give 2 breakfast coupans for each day (which was part of the deal). They keep saying that coupans will be send to the room and they never send it.
2) They charged us twice on my credit card and my friend's credit card.
3) I put a 'do not disturb' sign on the door. But, still the room serive came inside and started cleaning the room.
4) I find the staff at the front desk really unprofessional.
5) Total charge was $205 for 2days.
6) Swimming pool is not indore.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tanveer m,

Thank you for the review. Your feedback matters! On behalf of the entire team here, allow me to apologize for the ways we failed to meet your expectations. Please feel free to follow up with directly at adam.novotny@hilton.com so that I can specifically address your concerns. I defintely want to correct any billing errors! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI airport.
Gettysburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I travel frequently for my job, not to mention, I work in hotels - so I've seen MANY hotels over the years. I'm always generally pleased by Doubletrees, and this was no exception. We were down for a baseball game, and I know that all of the hotels downtown would be either A) booked or B) pricey, so we went out to BWI (just a short, short drive) and we could not have been happier! Even when we went to check in (early, at that) the Front Desk did everything in their power to get everyone in. I know that this is rather difficult due to the way hotels work, but the front desk handled myself (I got in early, kudos!) and the other guests with such professionalism and kindness. If I could replicate their patience in most front desk staffs, I would.

Resonable price, great customer service, and clean property. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear travelbwj,

Thanks for the review. Your praise means all the more to us as an industry professional. I hope you enjoyed the game at our fantastic venue; Camden Yards is a great place to watch a ball game. We hope to see you again should you travel back to Baltimore.
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

She has a beautiful smile and very nice. Due to my schedule I made a couple of changes while stayed there for five days and she helped us to make the changes and not charged one penny more!
The hotel is clean and pleasant - the staff are very very friendly and above all free shuttle to almost every transit station you need.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tasha F,

Thanks for the review. Frei is one of the best! I know she appreciates your kind words. I am so glad to read that she has won over another fan. Please come back again-- Frei will be at the ready to assist!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

My evening flight out of BWI was cancelled and I (along with many others) was scrambling for a hotel. This Doubletree had the lowest rate of any Hilton brand with a restaurant so I took it. Their airport shuttle runs every half hour and picked me up and took me back the next morning.

The room was on the Hhonors floor but was a bit small with a queen bed. When I looked on the hotel map, my room was next to a service closet which may have took some of the space as the other rooms looked larger. The bathroom was OK except that it only had a sink with no counter space for your toiletries. The flat screen TV had a modest selection of channels but none of them (even the local channels) were in hi-def. The wireless (only) internet was pretty slow in the evening but outstandingly fast the next morning.

I had breakfast in the restaurant which was an OK buffet. Since I didn't have a car, I couldn't venture out to see what else was available.

Since I was stranded and had to get whatever room I could, I consider myself lucky that this property was available.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear 4959keeton,

Thank you for the review. I am glad we could provide some respite during an unfortunate delay in your travel plans. Weather has a way of wreaking havoc on travel plans, but we are always here at the ready to provide a clean, comfortable room, hot meal, and warm chocolate chip cookie.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!