“BEST HOTEL NEAR BWI AIRPORT BY FAR!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay & Fly
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“BEST HOTEL NEAR BWI AIRPORT BY FAR!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for the past 2 weekends and let me tell you -it's absolutely FABULOUS!!! There are 2 towers to choose from and both offer different views and great sleep. The beds are so comfortable and the tv in the room is a nice flatscreen with a good selection of channels. The air/heat unit works great(I put the heat on when I got to my room and within 5 minutes the room was comfy).

What separates this hotel from many others however is the staff: The Assistant General Manager, FREI is her name, is tremendous!!! She is in my opinion 1 of the best managers I have ever seen. She cares about every guest issue, is always available if you need to speak with her and goes out of her way to make you feel special. Miss Frei, it has been an absolute PLEASURE to have met you.

Jobi, the front desk clerk is another stand-out employee. Every request I have made(from extra pillows to an extra yummy chocolate chip cookie) is met with a smile. Very friendly and very efficient - that's how I would describe Jobi.

The others I have met - Simi, T.K(the shuttle driver), John(another driver) the bartenders, food servers are all excellent as well.

Bottom Line: I mean this 100%, everytime I am in Baltimore I will never stay anywhere else but the DOUBLETREE BWI AIRPORT.

An absolute diamond of a property!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Dear PittPoker,

Thanks for the great review! You name just a few of our fantastic team members. It means the world to us that you would take the time to recognize them individually. I am so glad to read that you will be back; we will look forward to serving you again when you return to the BWI market. Thanks for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I am an Ambassador Platinum member with one of your competitors (570935298). I had reservations at a different Hotel. I had driven the better part of 10 hrs and was quite tired. I called the other Hotel several time to get directions and wound up at the Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport. As I walked in the only thing I could think about was my frustrations and growing fatigue. I approached the check in area and Simi asked me can I help you. I told her my problem and she reached for the telephone so I could call and get the instructions again. I asked her did she have a room. Within minutes I had my confirmation for the cancelation, a ride to the rental car area to drop off my car (saving a days rental), and one of the best rooms in the Baltimore area where I was able to not only recouperait but was able to leave the next day fully relaxed. Thank You Simi and Frei and thank you Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport. I wish I could transfer my status to Hilton. Terrence Fort

Room Tip: A kind word and a respectful attitude will get the same in return.....
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear terrenceanthony,

Thanks for the review. Frei and Simi are excellent associates. I am proud to have them on the Doubletree by Hilton BWI team. I appreciate the review and I am so glad we had the opportunity to take care of you! We hope to see you again.
Midland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I just spent one night at this hotel on business. Since I am elite member in the Hilton family of hotels, I called ahead and asked for a suite. However, I was told that they were very business and did not have any suites. Check-in with smoothly.

Even thought I am an elite member of Hilton the front desk did not offer me a coupn for breakfast. However, when I called to ask about the coupon it was provided. There is a happy hour in the even with some food items and I assume drink specials.

My sleeping room was small and somewhat cramped. There was a couch in the room, but it was in an odd location. If one used the couch the televsion could not be seen. Also, the curtains whoul dnot close completely and allowed light into the room. It does appear that the sleeping room has been renovated and it has a flta screen television. However, the mattress seemed worn. The hotel did seem to be fairly quiet.

The bathroom is really small and there is no counter sink area to put an overnight bag or anything. When taking a shower I noticed that the door would not close because it was off the hinge. Also, when taking a shower the next morning I realized that only conditioner was left by house keeping.

The breakfast area has a breakfast bar and a menu. My eggs over easy seem to take a long time to come out, even though there was only one other customer in the restaurant. I conducted a conference at the hotel and the hotel staff was very nice and even helped me get to the airport at a time when the shuttle was not running.

I am not sure of all the hotels in the area. I might stay again and use their conference facilities. However, I did not consider this to be an outstand hotel.

Room Tip: Don't expect too much and you won't be dissapointed
Dear FLJ021251,

Thanks for the review. You most certainly experienced a wide range of our hotel offerings: sleeping room, restaurant, and conference. I appreciate the feedback. Thanks for mentioning the renovation; yes, our rooms are newly renovated and the best in the BWI Airport market. I agree with you, our hotel staff is very nice and helpful. We know that good service makes all the difference. However, I am dissapointed to read about your breakfast experience. We are better than that. I will be sharing your comments with both my Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager. So, yes, please come back again! We would welcome another opportunity. As we say here at the hotel, "Consider it Done"!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I was given a voucher for this hotel due to a canceled evening flight. Shuttle picks up every 1/2 hour to the hotel. Checkin was very fast and plenty of hot cookies on hand. Service was with efficient and with a smile.
The room was nicely appointed and bed was comfortable. Recently renovated or built. Nice Hilton amenities/toiletries.
My only complaint was that it seemed that the walls were too thin - I could hear the TV in the room next door.
I got an early morning shuttle back to the airport terminal (10 min or less).
Would definitely recommend if staying at BWI - I would stay there again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Dear dreese1,

Thanks for the feedback! We often take care of passengers with unexpected over nights flying out of BWI airport. So glad we could accomodate you. And thanks for mentioning our famous signature Doubletree cookies- they really are the best. We hope to see you again!
Hanover, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

this property is many many steps above your average DoubleTree ... this recently renovated property is spectacular when rated against other DoubleTree properties and in my opinion the nicest DoubleTree property in the Hilton family. rooms are exquisitely furnished, bathrooms modern, and most importantly--rooms are well cleaned and maintained. staff is very friendly and helpful.

while I cannot comment on the dining room or fitness facilities due to my short overnight stay, the service in the lounge was outstanding, and Lew the bartender is a fabulous host … perfect place to wind down after a long day for cocktails and food

if staying around the BWI airport on business, this is a superb property, and I highly recommend it, conveniently located with great shuttle service to the airport

Room Tip: all rooms are good as this is a recently renovated property, hotel is offset from the road, so any r...
Dear Joe M,

Thanks for the review! Lew truly is an outstanding associate. I am proud to have him on our team. I am glad you mention our renovated rooms and clean hotel, but I am even more pleased that you mention our friendly and helpful staff. Our team members are what makes the difference between us and other hotels at BWI airport. Thanks again for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Williamsburg, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

convenient to airport and other attractions in the area, this hotel was very relaxing for us during our stay. Breakfast is paid basis, but there are apples in exercise facilty, etc. that are free. Wifi was ok. Can be just a bit tricky finding rooms depending on what tower you are in, and sometimes my card did not work to get into the building from the back entrance. Other than that, no complaints- good nights sleep and enjoyable visit, knowledgeable staff.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear debatecoach,

Thanks for the review. We are so glad that your stay was relaxing. We work hard to anticipate our guest's needs, so thanks for the feedback. Hope to see you again!
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Nice hotel, room was newer with recent materials. Overall a good hotel. Not a lot of dining options within walking distance.

I did not ask much of the staff, but in my brief interactions with them they were very personable and professional.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
HAN35, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Dear white_shoes_white,

Thanks for the post. I am pleased to see that you are still thinking about us after staying with us in August of last year! You are correct that there are few restaurants within walking distance, but we have a great restaurant and loung here on property and many of our guests take advantage of our good food and friendly service in Eden's Landing, so be sure to give it a try during your next stay. Thanks again.