“DoubleTree Plus!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Hanover, Maryland
“DoubleTree Plus!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

this property is many many steps above your average DoubleTree ... this recently renovated property is spectacular when rated against other DoubleTree properties and in my opinion the nicest DoubleTree property in the Hilton family. rooms are exquisitely furnished, bathrooms modern, and most importantly--rooms are well cleaned and maintained. staff is very friendly and helpful.

while I cannot comment on the dining room or fitness facilities due to my short overnight stay, the service in the lounge was outstanding, and Lew the bartender is a fabulous host … perfect place to wind down after a long day for cocktails and food

if staying around the BWI airport on business, this is a superb property, and I highly recommend it, conveniently located with great shuttle service to the airport

Room Tip: all rooms are good as this is a recently renovated property, hotel is offset from the road, so any r...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Dear Joe M,

Thanks for the review! Lew truly is an outstanding associate. I am proud to have him on our team. I am glad you mention our renovated rooms and clean hotel, but I am even more pleased that you mention our friendly and helpful staff. Our team members are what makes the difference between us and other hotels at BWI airport. Thanks again for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Williamsburg, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

convenient to airport and other attractions in the area, this hotel was very relaxing for us during our stay. Breakfast is paid basis, but there are apples in exercise facilty, etc. that are free. Wifi was ok. Can be just a bit tricky finding rooms depending on what tower you are in, and sometimes my card did not work to get into the building from the back entrance. Other than that, no complaints- good nights sleep and enjoyable visit, knowledgeable staff.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear debatecoach,

Thanks for the review. We are so glad that your stay was relaxing. We work hard to anticipate our guest's needs, so thanks for the feedback. Hope to see you again!
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Nice hotel, room was newer with recent materials. Overall a good hotel. Not a lot of dining options within walking distance.

I did not ask much of the staff, but in my brief interactions with them they were very personable and professional.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
HAN35, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Dear white_shoes_white,

Thanks for the post. I am pleased to see that you are still thinking about us after staying with us in August of last year! You are correct that there are few restaurants within walking distance, but we have a great restaurant and loung here on property and many of our guests take advantage of our good food and friendly service in Eden's Landing, so be sure to give it a try during your next stay. Thanks again.
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I recently spent a weekend of sightseeing in Baltimore. I chose this property because of it's proximity to the Inner Harbor attractions while still being out of the fray of the downtown area. The hotel is decorated in contemporary style. There is a large restaurant, bar and two lounge areas. The rooms are of a good size, with mini-fridge and microwave (always a plus in my book). The bed linens were fabulous and the pillows soft and comfy; not a lumpy one in the bunch. The bath linens were oversized and all appeared to be in almost new condition; none being threadbare of stained. I only ate breakfast there, but selection was adequate and the quality of the food very good. I was impressed with all the staff I encountered, most especially, everyone at the front desk. They were friendly, helpful and professional and took the time to make me feel welcome and answer any questions I had. Lots of parking and two minutes from 295 which provides access to all major roadways. The next time I'm in the area, this is where I will stay.

Room Tip: Stay in Tower A if you can.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Shiloh62,

Thanks for the informative review. You hit upon all our highlights: convenient location, contemporary decor, spacious rooms and friendly staff! We hope to see you again soon.
The World
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

I chose this hotel mainly because of the Trip Advisor reviews and also because I got a good deal on it. I was not disappointed. I checked in at about 6pm and collected the famous cookie which was as delicious as the last time I had it about 3 years ago. I was in room 555 which is a handicap accessible room and large for it. The bed was extremely comfortable, there was a microwave and a fridge which some hotels do not provide any more. The flat screen TV was a Sharp Aquos and the channel choices were adequate. It was clean which I am very picky about but it met my standards. There was free wifi with the password provided at check-in and the parking lot was free and close to the building. I did not hear any noises or TV sounds from any other rooms, nor loud voices in the hallway so it was pretty sound proof. There was a shop downstairs which semed well stocked and would be a great convenience for a long term visitor. I did not visit the restaurant or bar but when I stepped out at about 1030 pm, it was full. This is a nice hotel and if I had to I would definitely pick it again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
HAN35, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Dear Miicha04,

Thanks for posting! It is always great to find out that we won a customer as a direct result of other guest's positive comments on this site. I am glad we lived up to your expectations! As you say, you would pick us again; well, we will be at the ready when you do. Thanks again.
Maryville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I am pleased to say that my first experience with this property was great. The sleep rooms were clean and very well furnished. The restaurant service and food selection were both quite good. The manager's reception was a nice touch that was appreciated by my group. Their meeting space worked very well for our group. The hotel staff understood the need for a quite environment. Their staff was courteous and professional. The free hotel shuttle from the airport and to local restaurants within a five mile radius worked well for our group and helped reduce overall meeting costs. I would recommend this property for meetings or for overnight stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Laura T,

Thanks for the review. I am so glad to read that you enjoyed our hotel and that your group had a successful meeting. We have an excellent Catering Team! We look forward to being of service again.
Vallejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Southwest Air put me up at this hotel when I missed my connection due to mechanical problems, so I cannot comment on the price. There were flight crew staying here as well. It was after 10PM and the complimentary shuttle took almost 30 minutes to pick us up. There were many of us, so the shuttle was standing room only, but the ride was only about 8 minutes. There was only one person at the registration desk, and he had his hands full with all the incoming calls and check-ins. But, this was all a rather unusual circumstance and he was still pleasant. The check-in was quick, though, and when I got to my room I was very pleasantly surprised how nice it was. Contemporary furnishings and fixtures and plush, comfy bedding. Big, flat screen TV. It was immaculate and quiet, and I slept great. Too bad I was only there for 7 hours. The shuttle runs back to the airport every 30 minutes. If I am ever stuck overnight in Baltimore again, I would definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
HAN35, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Dear cphershon,

Thanks for the review. Sorry to read that you waited for the shuttle. We always do our best to accomodate guests with interupted travel arrangements, but sometimes stranded flights are unexpected. I am so glad you enjoyed our accomodations. We pride ourselves on having the best rooms in the market! Hopefully, next time you can stay longer.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!