“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Parsonsburg, Maryland
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We made our reservation through Priceline. Our room and reservation was all ready when we arrived at about 5pm on Thanksgiving Day. They were happy to accomodate us for dinner even though the hotel was almost empty. Although the menu was a little limited Euwin waited on us and was very friendly and helpful. I have some allergies so he was able to direct me as to what was ok to eat. The entire hotel is well maintained. Furniture and carpets thoughout appeared clean and fairly new. We found our room very neat and clean. The bathroom was small but adequate with toiletries and towels. The towels and washclothes seemed fairly new, still nice, thick and fluffy. The bed was comfortable and the room was stocked with extra down comforter, sheets and pillow. I assume they were for the optional pull out sofa bed but we used them on the bed. Housekeeping was nice and the room looked great each day that we returned. We were in town for a conference so we stayed at the hotel for three nights. We ordered room service for breakfast each morning. Delivery was fast and the breakfast was actually really good. We ate in the restaurant again Saturday night and were again very pleased. Our bill at check out was accurate and we were able to do express check out.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thanks for your kind response. We're glad you were our guest over the holidays. I'll share your positive comments with our entire team, and I hope you'll stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I got sick while on the road recently, then checked into the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel at BWI Airport. The staff was excellent and provided service beyond what is typical in today's travel industry.

This hotel is close to the airport and convenient for those flying out of BWI airport.

My room was nice and quiet and afforded me time and the environment to get better.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for your kind words, and we do hope you're feeling better. I hope to meet you on a return trip to the BWI area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I was here on business for 2 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I took the Amtrak to BWI, called the hotel and the free shuttle was dispatched to the station. They accommodated my early check-in at noon and the staff greeted me upon arrival by my name as I walked in… I’d only been here once before for a meeting; I didn’t even stay at the hotel at the time!

The staff all over the hotel was extremely friendly and I didn’t pass by one associate who didn’t greet me with a warm salutation where ever I was at. I would stay here again. This place is more than just a delicious warm cookie!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Thanks so much for your review, we all appreciate your kind words. We hope to continue to be your hotel of choice when you return to BWI. Take care, and safe travels.
Southern Calif
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Stayed here only one night, flying from the west coast to Baltimore. But the warm chocolate chip cookies were there when we arrived and when we left. The beds were comfortable. The front desk handled an early morning wake up call and cab request, getting us on our way promptly the next morning.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Thanks so much for the great review. We'll keep the cookies warm!!
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I had a pretty good stay in August of 2011 for a business trip to Baltimore. I noticed that the pool was open but because Hurricane Isabel was on its way at the time, no one was in the water. The front desk attendants were very helpful. The rooms were nice and quiet. I believe that the hotel had free parking but don't quote me on that. All in all I would say that I had a very good experience at this property. I highly recommend the cookies that they give each guest at check-in.

Room Tip: Great for travelers wanting a short trip to airport.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thanks for a great review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feelings about our hotel. By the way, parking is free to overnight hotel guests. Come back again, we'll keep the cookies warm.
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

My stay at the hotel was from 10/14-10/16/11. I searched varied website search engines and fell in love with the decor of the rooms. Since this was a surprise birthday getaway for my honey I wanted this trip to be extra special. This hotel and staff definitely made it memorable. I called the hotel directly quite a few times to get some additional information before I booked online. Each and every time I called the hotel the staff was informative and pleasant. Upon arrival I was greeted by Jeremy, lucky me. He was professional, personable, helpful, smiled throughout the entire exchange and even provided some great eateries in the area. On Sat. and Sun. we ate at the buffet, our greeter Anna was just as pleasant. We also had room service on the first night, food came quick and was delicious.

Nothing but great things to say about our stay, hotel and staff. Truly a great experience.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Wow, thanks for your kind words. We appreciate them very much. Jeremy and Anna do truly exemplify our committment to guest service. We hope you choose us again, and we'll look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Bossier City, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

My first hint that this might not have been a good choice was my countless attempts to get ahold of the front desk. I arrived in the evening and called to arrange for a shuttle to the airport, yet took me over 10 minutes of repeat dialing to finally get someone to answer the phone, another 30 minutes for the shuttle to arrive.

The room was accomodating. A couple times, lil things such as replacing glasses, replenishing soaps/shampoo, etc...went unfulfilled. You would think for $115 a night, I could get another bottle of shampoo or shower gel...I'm just sayin'.

The OnCommand system (TV) was a lil sluggish as was the remote control. The onsite laundry facillities consisted of 1 washer and 1 dryer. $1.75 per load.

The restaurant (Eden's Landing) was WAY overpriced. The prices charged for these menu choices was Completely ridicolous. A simple burger is $12. The breakfast buffet wasn't that bad...if you get there first thing in the morning. The longer that stuff sits there...yuck!
I was provided coupons for free buffets. If you didn't have that coupon it was an overpriced $15 for simple choice of bacon/sausage, scrambled eggs or eggs cooked to order, breakfast potatoes, and sometimes waffles, sometimes pancakes, it varied. Ya know if it weren"t for the inflated pricing, this wouldn't have been a bad stay. But in today's economy and considering how tough times are for everyone...money is near and dear to my heart...I don't mind paying for things, but c'mon $18 (excluding tips) for a burger/fries and soda? Really?

The "coffee" shop or Sundry store was...yep, you guessed it...overpriced. A candy bar and 16 oz. soda...$3.50
You don't have to believe any of this that I've written, but I promise you, it's akin to airport prices.

The restaurant staff was really the one truly bright spot at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
I"m so sorry you received such spotty service in housekeeping. I will look into the matter to make sure no other guest will have to have any such turn of events. We are currently in process of changing to a new HD TV system, which we expect to have fully implemented by year end. We are rolling out new fall menus in our restaurant, lounge and room service, and adding more vending machines on guest floors to give our guests more choices. Thanks for all your comments, they will certainly help us to improve.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton BWI Airport? Share your experiences!