“Low Price, Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
“Low Price, Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

We stayed three nights at an average w/taxes of about $97.00. We had a king bed, and a coffee pot, phone, alarm clock etc. But in addition the room had a 32" flat screen TV, free high speed internet, microwave, and mini fridge. The front desk was always staffed and for the most part attentative. The shuttle can take you to the airport that has a light rail train that will take you into the inner harbor. There is a review online about a person's car being broken into, we did not have any problems with security and I didn't feel our vehicle was at risk of being broken into. The location of the hotel is good if you like to be close to where your going but not right next door. With steady traffic the inner harbor is about 15 minutes away. If you are flying using BWI, you are 2 miles away from the air port, and right next to I-295, but we heard no planes or noise from interestate traffic. The hotel also has a hot tub and a pool that were great for relaxing before bed, they even had a life guard on duty, which is uncommon in hotels. I've stayed in many hotels and eaten many continental breakfasts and this one ranks at the Top! Belgium Waffles, eggs, sausage, muffins, bagles, toast, cereal, yogurts, and I'm sure I've missed some. So please seriously consider this hotel when looking for accomodations in or around Baltimore.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

Staff was freindly and helpful. Got in late at night and they came and got me in the shuttle. Breakfast was gone too quickly and I missed out on the eggs. But other than that it was clean and I slept well. Beds were very nice. Again a great thanks to the staff!

Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Wingate in order to leave our car for the week while we went to California. We booked late, two days before and all that was left was a smoking room. They assured us that the room would be cleaned and void of cigarette smoke. However, when we walked into the smoking section of the hotel the smell was obvious and so was the room. I then asked the front desk if they could further fumigate the room. They said they would and we went to the inner harbor of Baltimore for the afternoon and for evening dinner. When we returned later that night we found that our belongings had been moved from the smoking section to a room that had opened up in the non-smoking area. The room was great and the personnel at the front desk were extremely helpful. Enjoyed the complimentary breakfast the next morning as well as the shuttle to the airport. Also, no problem with the shuttle pickup a week later at around mid-night.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

Seems like Wingate is always a winner! The room was clean and the staff very courteous. Breakfast rocks with fresh waffles, yogurt, etc. Not a lot of choice for outside food in the area - Bob Evans, Wendy's. There was a movie cineplex within walking distance. Would stay here again. Only complaints were that there were only two luggage carts available in the lobby and I had to wait for quite a while till one was available and all the vending snack machines were out of order on my visit.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

We chose this hotel based on reviews, and because it was near BWI, the airport we were flying from. Its clean and comfy, and the shuttle to and from airport/amtrak was very good. But if you are traveling mainly in DC, pick somewhere else.

First, amtrack is horribly expensive. It cost us $18 a person to go to DC.For that price we could have rented a car. Plus it doesn't run frequently enough. Second, the place is filled with the smell of clorine, because they leave the pool area door open. When I complained, they just shrugged. the staff knew nothing T hey not only had no maps of DC or the metro, but couldn't even answer a basic question about the area! In fact, except for the gentleman who drove the shuttle, I ound all of the staff unhelpful. Finally, there is no restaurant around this area (despite several hotels nearby), no convenience store, nothing. I guess we got what we paid for. Next time I'll spend a little more and stay in DC proper.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
lbmmoh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

We stayed here in two rooms over 3 days. Both the rooms had a funky mildew small in the bathroom, which came from the shower curtains and the dirty shower tiles. First thing, I went to the front and asked for a room change, which the did not accomodate. Next they had me a bottle of industrial strength febreeeze! With no choice I took it to both rooms and sprayed the heck out of them. It helped a tiny, but the funk remained. It was the type of bathroom you just want to jump in, do your business, and get the heck out. Never comfortable in there, even at night due to the dripping shower head. Otherwise the rooms were clean. The breakfast is the best part of this hotel, most free ones stink, but they do it right here. You have to beat the rush to get yourself a self made waffle, but its worth it. They should have two machines, but the other items on the buffet are good too. The eggs and sausage patties make for good sausage mcmuffin type sandwiches. The location is about 15 minutes to downtown baltimore which was great, and its a short 3 minute drive to G&M, one of the best crabcakes in the city. The doors are thin, so if you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs...youll hear people outside at night, and walking the halls and closing/opening doors. For the money, the hotel was OK, but could use a few small improvements that will make all the difference. Free wifi is always a big plus for me as well, so kudos on that.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Glen Rock, New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

Based on Trip Advisor reviews and price, I chose the BWI Wingate for a one-night stay for business. I arrived via the Amtrak Northeast Corridor line via the BWI Airport station. After calling the hotel, I waited twenty minutes for the complimentary shuttle. The hotel is about a ten minute ride from the airport.

I booked the room through Trip Advisor, getting the lowest rate with a AAA discount. This was a very good value.

The room felt spacious with a single king bed. Set up with a club chair and ottoman, plus a spacious desk, this room layout is very good for a business traveler. Next to the closet was a niche with fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. I made use of the stereo clock radio that includes an input cable for an iPod. The bathroom was comfortable and clean with the usual appointments and plenty of towels.

The complimentary breakfast was good, with a nice variety of hot and cold food. The dining area just off the front lobby is pleasantly screened from the main lobby area and spacious.

The neighborhood was quiet – many of the airport hotels are clustered nearby. My daytime destination was the UMBC campus nearby. I noticed that this Wingate seems to cater to flight crews.

Overall I was very pleased with this hotel – clean, well organized, spacious room, very good service, and convenient to the airport and Amtrak station. I would recommend it highly for budget conscious business travelers.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport? Share your experiences!