“Didn't sleep at all” 3 of 5 stars

You added Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1510 Aero Drive, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel needs a good cleaning. My room smelled like wet dog. HVAC is very noisy. The blackout curtains are too short and let in a lot of light. No restaurant in hotel. There are 2 chain restaurants near by, but it was too cold to walk there. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
wingate12702, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm sorry that you felt the room had an odor, we are a 100% non-smoking hotel and do not allow pets (unless they are service animals). Our Chief Engineer will repair the A/C unit. This is the first time I have heard that the blackout curtains are too short, so we will look into that. As for restaurants, you are correct that there are two within walking distance, but our shuttle can also take guests to and from (especially convenient when it's cold or bad weather).

I welcome you to call me directly should you want to discuss your recent stay in more detail, or be willing to give us another chance when you return to our area.

My apologies again,

410-859-0003 X 7037
jporter@stevensmanagement.net
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have had wonderful and unforgettable memories of the wyndham hotel. Being that this hotel was affiliated with the Wyndham franchise I assumed that it was up to par like say the wyndham garden baronne plaza in new orleans. Not really...I must say I was disappointed in the fact that I did not receive a room on the floor that I originally requested (4th or 5th) and was put on the 2nd floor. But nonetheless, I got over it. However, the heating unit was not working properly. We put the heat on 80 degrees and it was still blowing COLD AIR. My boyfriend and I did everything we could think of to rectify this problem before calling the front desk. So finally we called the front desk and the guy at the desk said that maintenance was not on property and would be back first thing in the morning ( on a sunday) and my room would be looked at first. The next day I waited until noon and called the front desk again. I told the lady what the night desk agent stated and she said that he did not even make a work order and maintenance would not be in at all due to it being a weekend. Not surprised. But they moved me to another room (suite). The suite on the surface was nice, but as I looked deeper I began to notice problems here and there. The dining table was sticky and had food residue upon entering, the refrigerator was missing the gage knob, paint was peeling off in the corners of the ceiling, and the tub drained incredibly SLOW leaving dirt and residue behind. The breakfast was pretty good and the fitness area was nice. The hotel i slocated 10 minutes from downtown and 6 minutes Arundel Mills which were both great sources of entertainment. However, I was not thrilled with this Wyndham establishment. I truly expected more of a higher caliber hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quiter and less traffic. But overall there are really no "bad rooms."
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

np0well,

Thank you for the candid feedback. We have discussed your review with our front desk, Chief Engineer, and Executive Housekeeper in detail so that what you encountered isn't repeated.

If you wish to speak to me directly regarding your recent stay please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you for being a Wyndham customer, and if you return to our area and are willing to give us another chance please contact me so I can ensure you have a much better experience!

Be Well,

410-859-0003 X 7037
jporter@stevensmanagement.net
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

If you require reliable internet, chose another hotel!

This used to be a bearable quick overnight stay because the staff were familiar and the beds quite comfortable.

The current management have cut off so much of the corners, it's now a circle. The place is getting tired and you can't just dust away filth anymore.

They used to offer fruit too - that's gone. I rated them higher previously because the late night guys would grab me a glass of milk for my tea - not anymore.

We had to go to the friendlier Hilton hotel (Garden Inn) across the way to use their internet and drink their coffee because it by far supersedes the coffee flavored toilet water the Wingate offers.

The place probably stays in business because a lot of returning military and stingy airlines put their crew members here over night.

Don't do it. It's not worth the indignity, pay the extra few bucks and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn (for example), you will also be a block closer to the Applebys(?) for a half decent meal.

The only positive left is the new hand lotion they offer - it's lovely.

Shame on you Wingate Hotel!!

* p.s. Do not order take away Chinese from the menu in the room - blech!

Room Tip: Book another hotel, this place has become a dump. Internet trickles like syrup throughout hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
wingate12702, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Jetlagged,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I want you to know that your feedback has been taken seriously and discussed in detail.

As you know, we provide a hot deluxe breakfast to all of our guests complimentary. In addition, fresh coffee is available 24 hours a day and we receive a lot of possitive compliments about the taste of our coffee. We do provide guests with milk for their tea or fruit if requested, and apologize that our front desk staff did not provide these extra's for you. We will ensure that all guest service agents understand they should provide these for guests, and we will also be adding a small basket of fruit at the front desk.

We take cleanliness seriously and feel that all of our guests deserve the best in hospitality. Should there be anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to contact our General Manager, Roxanne Rivera, directly at 410-859-0003 X 7003 or rrivera@stevensmanagement.net

Be Well,

Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Awesome hotel great breakfast hot and cold great selection .nice clean room .and i booked with hotels.com and prepaid and that was it give your confirmation number and go get your keys and leave when you check out great process. large room .if your flying out very good location.and friendly helpful staff.

Room Tip: the room is nice and roomy and the heat is perfect
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport? Share your experiences!