“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here overnight due to the close location to the airport. Room was clean, staff were pleasant and helpful, breakfast was good, and was reasonably priced. The return trip from the airport was prompt an the driver was very friendly

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
wingate12702, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
JOhnny,

Thank you for your review, we hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great Hotel!!!! Very Nice people and the front desk staff was very professional and very attractive! The breakfast food was good, the guy assisting with breakfast was very helpful. For example, the coffee was out and it only took him about 2 min to refill it, which was great! And i love the "Go Ravens" banner in the lobby! Im a huge Ravens fan!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
urboye,

Thank you for your great review! As you can tell, we have a General Manager and team that shares your loyalty and LOVE for the Ravens! We hope to see you again soon.

SILVER SPRING
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Booked for Whirlpool- didn''t work. TV Remote broken - 1.5 hrs to respond. Mold in bathroom around bathtub tile. Room Key and the 4 additional ones they programmed didn''t work - total 45 min wait. None of the vending machines worked. The one that kind of worked spit out the wrong drink. The maid threw away my razor. Staff was nice, but VERY slow in responding. Every convenience was completely inconvenient. 1st vacation in 2yrs, virtually ruined

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Ronald,

I first want to thank you for reviewing our property. We appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously. I want to apologize for the concerns you had during your stay.

Our Whirlpool has been closed for quite some time and is no longer being advertised as an amenity at our hotel, if you found a website that has not been updated with this new information I would appreciate your providing that so I can fix this. I have brought your other concerns to the attention of our Chief Engineer and Executive Housekeeper who will address the concerns you had and take cleanliness and maintenance very seriously.

Should you be in the BWI Airport area again I would welcome you to give us another chance. Call or email me directly and I will assist you and ensure that your next stay is a stay representative of who we strive to be.

My apologies again,

410-859-0003 x 7037
jporter@stevensmanagement.net
Albuquerque
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here overnight due to location near the airport. I would not stay there again.

One complaint concerned the cleanliness of the room - two of the chairs had a lot of stains and one had holes in the upholstery. If I could have avoided sitting on them, I would have. The rest of the room seemed clean.

The second complaint is that the internet does not work with Apple devices. It at first seemed to work but it did not recognize the browser, Safari, and the Gmail app did not work.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
abqcat,

Thank you for your feedback, we truly take it to heart. I'm sorry that you only had an "OK" stay with us. I would appreciate knowing what room you stayed in and more about your internet issues so that I can look into in a more detailed manner.

I look forward to hearing from you,

410-859-0003 X 7037
jporter@stevensmanagement.net
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

van service to airport was very good and prompt; hotel staff very pleasant and helpful; good location to airport

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again (but not in a hurricane) in the future!

Norfolk, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I had flown in from an international flight, very tired, and was hoping to get some rest at the Wingate Hotel at BWI. Unfortuantely, at 11 pm, I was startled by a lot of noise in the room next door to me. When I investigated, I realized a highschool sports team had checked in, and one of there rooms was connected to mine. I understand youthfulness and they weren't bad kids, but none the less they were very loud and knocking not only on the connecting door to my room, but the entrance door as well. There was no way I was going to get any sleep. I went to the front desk and spoke to the front desk clerk, Maurio, and this is when it went from bad to worse. I told him my situation and asked to change rooms, and he replied, literallly, "You need to get over it" as this sports group were staying throughout the hotel. After the shock of his response, and only when I asked to speak to his supervisor, Roxanne, did he suddenly find a room that was not connecting to a bunch of kids having a lot of fun. I stay in a lot of hotels and have no problem with overacive guests, but to be treated as awful as Maurio did was inexcusable. My advice...don't get a connecting room here, and hopefully you won't have to deal with Maurio who could have cared less.

Room Tip: There are many hotels in this area ,so don't put up with the bad customer service I did. There i...