“Pretty Nice Place to Stay - Close to BWI Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1510 Aero Drive, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Pretty Nice Place to Stay - Close to BWI Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The free breakfast was okay - nothing outstanding. The only problem we had was that we were assigned a room with someone already staying there. Needless to say, it was pretty embarrassing! It's a good thing the occupant had the deadbolt engaged. The maintenance lady, that helped us (because we initially did not realize the room was occupied and she was going to try and disengage the deadbolt), lightened the sitation and at least made us laugh - she was great! The free shuttle to the airport was great - we got to the airport on time and in one piece. I would stay here again if I was to fly out of BWI.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
wingate12702, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Marcia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. I want to extend an apology for the embarrasing encounter. I'm thankful our employee was able to make you feel comfortable and rectify the situation. I encourage you to call or email me directly so I can learn the details of the error in hopes of training to ensure it isn't repeated. We hope you will stay with us again soon!

410-859-0003 X 7037
jporter@stevensmanagement.net

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Avoca, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

My company booked this hotel for an overnight trip. Was impressed with how easy it was to get on and off I-695. Everyone we met was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and very large (my husband and I were in a king room). It was a quiet area, I had to leave at 5am for work and felt safe.

Some downsides they seemed to be a fan of closing ammenities in the hotel early. The night we arrived while at the front desk asking a question the pool guy came up and ask if he could close the pool because there was lightning...it was and indoor pool. I had never heard of that ever being an issue...it did not effect our stay but gave us a good chuckle. Also the next morning I was excited when I got back from my event at 830am to go down and have breakfast. It was about 9am when my husband and I got downstairs and the bagels were litterally packed up while we were standing there. We just barely got our waffles before they too were packed up. There were also no hours listed that I saw. It seemed rather early for a hotel who has check out at 12 noon.

On the plus side the waffles were great! Once again the hotel itself was a great place to stay. I hope they have me stay here again next time I have to come back to Baltimore. Also, I highly recomend trying the G&M seafood place if you get a chance. We got carry out and brought it back with us!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
wingate12702, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Katie,

We too hope that your company books you at our hotel again! It was wonderful to see that you enjoyed your stay. I did want to address some of the concerns you brought up.

In regards to the pool, it is our procedure to close the pool down during a lightning storm to protect our guests. The National Lightning Safety Institute recommends people be evacuated from the pool when lightning is within 6-8 miles and for at least 30 minutes after the last observed lightning.

Our Hot Deluxe Breakfast is available to our guests Monday-Friday from 6am-9am and Saturday and Sunday from 7am-10am and these hours are posted in the breakfast area. The hours tend to work well for our guests, and since we are mainly an airport/business location this suits the needs of most guests.

As for G&M Crabcakes, they are delicious! Maybe next time you are in town we will indulge together.

Little Rock, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Pros: Close to BWI, a movie house is about two blocks away, the staff is very courteous, complimentary shuttle to light rail station, quiet room w/HBO, free parking, very reasonable prices.

Other: Breakfast is plentiful but so-so in quality. The beds, pillows, and linen thread count are a couple steps down from Hilton/Hampton Inn properties.

ZedHed,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on our property and for telling others about all of the great reasons to stay at our property. Our hot deluxe breakfast does have a lot of options and most guests really like it. As for our linen, Wingate properties use WynRest and WynDry linens and they are a thread count of 250.

We truly hope to see you again soon!

South Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I was thinking to myself when my company booked me here what did Ido wrong. There are many motels in this area and i have stayed at another a couple of years ago. With all of the business travelers staying close to the airport some properties tend to get rundowned. I was surprised at the Wingate property. It was pretty nice, very quiet with a few places to eat just around the corner so my week there was pretty good. The fitness room was clean and for the most part and I didn't have any issues.

Room Tip: I always prefer the ground floor facing away any traffic area.
Mr. Jones,

I'm so glad to hear that your "perception" of Wingate was proven wrong by your pleasant stay. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This hotel is about a 15 minute drive from downtown Baltimore, in a small hotel district near the Airport. I chose this hotel because I didnt feel like paying for a hotel downtown AND have to pay for parking. The Wingate was very reasonably priced, and had free parking, and decent reviews so I decided to give it a try.

The Hotel itself is pretty nice, has a large breakfast room, small weight room with a few machines, and a small pool. Rooms had flatscreen TVs, and mine even had a couch. The room itself was nice, bed was super hard, but everything was relatively clean, and didnt have any weird odors. Breakfast was nice, had the typical "hot" breakfast you get for free at a hotel. Waffles, Bacon, Eggs...and of course bagels, cereal, fruit, and toast. The only reason I didnt give it 5 stars is because the 2nd night I was there, i noticed some weird stains on the comforter...which skeeved me out a bit. But overall it was a nice stay, the staff was very nice, breakfast was good, and I would stay here again if I was staying in the Baltimore Area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
wingate12702, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for the detailed review! Overall it sounds like you had a pleasant stay with us, good price, free parking, nice amenities, hot breakfast . . . however the comforter situation is definitely not up to our standards. If you would contact me directly so we can investigate I'd truly appreciate it. Good, bad, or indifferent - feedback is the only way to improve!

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon,

410-859-0003 X 7037
jporter@stevensmanagement.net
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I chose this hotel because of its close proximity to the airport. I was delivering my daughter's car who is attending tech school at Fort Meade and then flew back home. The area has many hotels but when I booked it they offered a good discount provided I agreed to non-refundable conditions. It does not have a restaurant but has an extensive self-service breakfast buffet that is included. The only thing I didn't like is the design of the bathroom. The vanity area was not separate from the bath/toilet area.

Room Tip: You can get a really good deal on a room if you book it as non-refundable. I saved $25 per night...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Deb,

Thanks for taking the time to review our property. The bathroom vanity isn't something we can easily fix, but as you mentioned our proximity to the airport and Ft. Meade make us a good fit. I'm so glad you enjoyed our breakfast! We also have two restaurants within walking distance (Bob Evans & Ruby Tuesdays) and our shuttle will take guests within a 5 mile radius.

Look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit your daughter,

Sunbury, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

we stayed for just one night before flying to orlando. excellent in everyway. easiest, fastest check in ever. very professional and courteous staff. the room was beautiful, very clean and super comfortable beds. we did a park and fly. when returning and calling for the shuttle to pick us up at airport, he was there in just a few minutes and very
friendly. will certainly return whenver we fly out of Baltimore.

we travel often and we are VERY fussy. I would highly recommend. also, a Ruby Tuesday within walking for a nice
dinner.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any "bad" rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
wingate12702, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel Stevann. We are so pleased to hear about your "outstanding" experience with our property. We look forward to seeing you again on your next flight out of BWI Airport!

Director of Sales

Been to Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport? Share your experiences!