“Great hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

Our family had a wonderful experience with this hotel. We were extremely pleased with the accomodations. The rooms were clean, nicely decorated, and bedding was very comfortable. The breakfast was tasty. We used the swimming pool, hot tub, and fitness room. All were well kept. The maids were friendly and accomodating. The hotel is easy to find from the airport. We appreciated the travel amenities available at the front desk.

The service given by management was outstanding. The manager, Joseph, I think, was extremely helpful with several different requests and questions we had. The free shuttle to the light rail station was great. But the recommendation of a good seafood restaurant by him including an offer to shuttle us to and from was beyond our expectations. The only thing I can think of as an improvement would be queen size beds rather than doubles. It was a great value for the cost. I would stay here again and recommend it to all.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Linthicum Heights, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

My first stay here, well someone was smoking in the hallway, and someone tried to get into my room. The manager and staff all were very helpful. I received two free nights for my inconvenience. On my second return, it must have been teenager weekend, the place was a zoo. Running in the hallways, loud talking, slamming doors, the breakfast lounge was loud, and full.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
wingate12702, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2011
It is unfortunate that other guests caused your dissatisfaction with the hotel. Being a non smoking hotel, we take smoking very serious. It is evident from the smoking fees that we charge. We investigated your inquiry regarding someone's attempt to enter your room and the door lock readings indicated that your room key was the only one used during the time that you referenced. Occasionally, we may have groups that may cause a disturbance especially as they check in, but my staff monitors and takes corrective action if noise continues. I apologize if we did not resolve this matter for you in an expedient manner.
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

On October 30th, my family checked into this hotel ( the Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport, located in Linthicum Heights, MD) for their park and cruise package. What a costly mistake. It would of been more cost effective to park at the port.

Upon leaving the hotel on October 31st, I asked the front desk representative where should I leave my car since I had it parked in one of the front spaces. The agent clearly directed me to park the car in the back of the hotel property. However, upon our arrival back on November 7th, I found my rear driver’s window smashed and nearly $350 worth of electronics was taken. I notified the front desk and basically was bothering the manager on duty. With not other options, I drove home with an open window which was covered with cardboard.

In my follow up after this, the Hotel took a carefree attitude to the situation and referred my case to their insurance agent who denied the claim saying the hotel was not responsible because there were signs in the lot; "park at your own risk" and the hotel was not liable because it was damage done to my car by a third party. I contacted the Wyndham Hotel Groups customer service department on two occasions but learned I was on my own because this hotel was independently owned and Wyndham worldwide can not assist..,.. So much for staying in a hotel based upon its name and reputation. In summary, I lost $350 for my window repair and $300 for my stolen items.

The hotel is not safe... I would not recommend this hotel based upon the treatment and no support I received from the Wyndaham Group, I will never stay in this hotel or Wyndham again.

If you are planning to do a park and cruise, park at cruise port, at least they have 24 security which this hotel does not offer....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
wingate12702, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2011
The break in to your vehicle was an unfortunate situation. We encourage our guests to ensure that their vehicles are locked and that no valuables are left visible. I apologize if you felt we took a "carefree attitude". We took your situation as we would any situation with a guest, very seriously and gave it a considerable review. We strive to ensure all of our guests have a safe and pleasant stay but unfortunately, there are people in the world who don't respect the property of others.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

You wouldn't choose this hotel for a quiet rest ... or if that is your hope then ask for a room at the end of the hallway facing the carpark and entrance. Some rooms are above the signage lighting so if you don't carry tape for curtains that leak light ... pack an eye mask.

In some of the 2nd floor rooms you can hear everything ... including the front desk staff and drivers conversing and carrying on at the reception area; and also with any room near the elevators ... pack earplugs!

The breakfast buffet is actually quite good for a quick airport hotel layover. You can even find some relatively healthy options of fruit, bagels and cereal, they also have waffles, sausage & egg 'thingies'. The coffee is always on 24/7 as with a good tea selection.

Rooms are very average for cleanliness but well appointed with fridge, microwave, 1 cup coffee brewer and a separate lounge/desk area - some rooms are quite large. Flat screen TV shampoo/conditioner & lotion in the bathroom. They don't seem to clean up any stains on furnishings.

It seems cliental is predominantly airline crew and military in transit. The area is NOT safe (you did just fly into Baltimore) and the only two meal options are Ruby Tuesdays and a "Bob something". I would advise you ask the van driver to take you to Ruby Tuesdays at night even though you can see it and walk to it.

Airconditioning, if it's working is loud and noisy ... probably sufficient to block out hallway and traffic noise on the back side of the building.

Indoor heated pool a bonus, with hot tub, exercise room fairly well appointed and two computers and printer available to guests at no charge.

Free in-room wi-fi can be sketchy.

Free airport shuttle every half hour, be early or they'll leave without you - put your name on the list!

Weighing it up ... if you need a hot shower, some form of rest and a decent breakfast to start the day then I would recommend this hotel ... but I have not tried the others in the local area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
wingate12702, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your input and will certainly address the issues that you mentioned.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

I drove from New york and stayed one night in this hotel, December 18 to December 19th. Check-in was very smooth, where we were informed about the breakfast, pool hours and so on. I was highly pleased with the size of the room and the hotel appearance. I did, however, notice something very dirty on the door of our bathroom, but I did not complain and it was not an extremely big deal. Next time I will do a better inspection of the room to ensure nothing stands out and bothers me.
The pool, jacuzzi and of course the breakfast was great. The temperature of the pool was even regulated properly. Make your own waffles for breakfast and other things. I was pleased with the choice of items. Unfortunately I have a funeral to attend this weekend, but I do plan on staying at this same hotel in Maryland.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

This was a very conveniently located hotel. It was clean and the room was large. The internet speed worked fast. Close to everything we needed. Spent a few days here and found it comfortable.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
x
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

Very pleased with this hotel. Awesome low rate booking through Resorts Plus International. Hotel close to the airport and provides airport shuttle service. Pretty much everything is close by! We enjoyed the amenities and extended continental breakfast. The staff were pleasant and helpful. This hotel is one of the best in the area.

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport? Share your experiences!