“Temporary Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Temporary Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have visited the candlewood several times since 2010. The staff is great: Juwann, Ewa, Harold, Mike, Aulday, Sidney, Alex, Jonah, Margie and Larry just to name a few. Whenever I had a problem, they were quick to address it. I recommend this hotel very highly.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Glen Burnie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first time staying at the Candlewood. I stayed in the queen studio. The rate was incredibly cheap. I loved the layout of the room. I was surprised there was a DVD player, don't see many of those. Also had a recliner chair, something else you usually do not see. Kitchenette was perfect. Bed comfy. Room spotless. Love the free coffe, tea and hot cocoa. On site laundry room, I believe was free to use. Loved staying here so much, came back and stayed Christmas night, just because. The Candlewood is my new favorite hotel. Thank u Jujuan ( very kind) for the brisk check in and information.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum for 21 days. Although I was alone, I quickly felt that I would be safe during my stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The warmth of the staff extended to the other guests. The facilities were clean and quiet. Any needed repairs were done quickly and well. I liked that the pantry was based on an honor system, which made me feel as though the staff was trustworthy and dishonesty of themselves or their guests wasn't in their consciousness. Very nice for making me feel safe, as well.

The laundry facilities are free, which eliminates the hassle of rounding up tokens or coins to wash clothes.

The pantry includes simple menus for what they have available for a quick breakfast or light lunch or dinner or snacks. Coffee is brewed 24/7, including flavored creamers.

I was in a one room suite. I was impressed by the little details, such as the pots and pans that I would need to prepare meals, potholders, salt, pepper, sugar, creamer, dish rag and dish towel. I even had a "welcome" cache of popcorn and a pod of coffee to brew for the next morning.

My commute into the metro DC area was easy because the hotel is very close to the Baltimore-Washington Parkway. It is also very close to the Thurgood Marshall BWI Airport and Anne Arundel Mills.

If I didn't feel like cooking, there were several restaurants nearby and other shopping.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for 2nd floor or higher and one that is away from the front desk on the first...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

The location was great! The room was squeaky clean. Customer service was efficient and friendly. They even made a fuss over our dog. The bed was even more comfortable than mine at home. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Albany, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2014

We stayed here the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and was truly impressed with the staff and the hotel. The check in desk staff was great - they were quick to suggest places to eat lunch and dinner and the friendly banter upon staff members shows how great the team is. The hotel was quite, although the people above us seemed to walk around non-stop. I would suggest a room on the 4th floor.
Great location - literally 10 minutes from BWI Airport.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

This hotel offers clean, affordable stays for either the business traveler, or vacationer. You can stay long term for a more affordable rate or pay more for an overnight. Shuttle service to the airport and train station is available. No frills, but priced right.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Annandale, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

I stayed by myself in this hotel in mid November 2014. I had not stayed here before but was familiar with Candlewood Suites. I was very warmly welcomed and since I am a Rewards Member, I was presented with a free bottle of water and some crackers in a little bag that said "Welcome Rewards Member." I found this to be a nice gesture. Check out was also very easy and again, I was warmly greeted by the front desk.

The room was large and immaculate and included a queen sized bed and had all the kitchen amenities one could want, including extras like a laundry basket, ironing board, and a safe. I gather many people have extended stays in this hotel so you could buy your own food and cook here on your own and be quite comfortable here. It reminded me of a studio apt. There is also a refrigerator and microwave. The price was very reasonable, in fact, it was about the lowest cost hotel in the area which is why I thought I would give it a try.

The bathroom was large and also immaculate. The towels in the bathroom were thick. In the bathroom there was a hair dryer, soap and shampoo. Perhaps the hotel saves on costs (and thus passes this on to the customer so that is why their rates are lower) because I read that they only have housekeeping every seven days, although if you run out of something or need new towels you had only need to ask.

The TV got an excellent picture. There was also a DVD in the room which was great and the reception desk has a selection of movies you can watch. There was also a little store where you could buy food for your room and a gym and laundry which was free. As a single woman traveling alone, I felt quite safe here. The hotel seemed pretty quiet although I could hear a person walking above me. I guess I am not used to kitchen appliances being in the same room that I sleep in, so I will say the full-sized refrigerator was fairly loud and took some getting used to. The AC/heating unit was very quiet. The hotel offers free WiFi which is nice and a desk to work at in your room. I guess the only complaint that I have is the bed. I like a firm bed and this bed was much too soft for me so not as comfortable as I would have liked. The Candlewood Suite that I stayed in Raleigh, NC a while back had the same kind of soft bed. Maybe all their hotels use the same mattress company! I like a firm mattress and when I woke up my back was a little stiff. If it had firmer mattresses, it would be a great place. Also some people may not like a queen bed (I don't think they have king or double beds). I think this place caters to the business person who travels alone, so that's why the smaller bed, but it was fine for me. You are only about 10 minutes from downtown Baltimore which is very convenient. I think the MARC train runs nearby. It is located in a quiet setting off the main road. You are minutes away from Bob Evans and Cracker Barrel, great breakfast and dinner places. So the location can't be beat. I am glad I found this hotel, and will certainly stay here again when I come to the Baltimore area which I do a few times a year. Sign up for their rewards program which also includes all Holiday Inns. I would give this place five stars, but I will take a star away for the extra soft bed. Get some firmer mattresses and it will be a five next time!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Been to Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum? Share your experiences!