“Top notch for a Candlewood Suites” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #21 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Hartford
“Top notch for a Candlewood Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Understand what a Candlewood Suites is before you check in and start complaining. I stay at Candlewood's around the USA and this one is among the best. The staff is friendly, close to BWI and the amazing G&M Restaurant. Shuttle service will take you anywhere within a few miles. Probably the best deal for a hotel this close to BWI.All the amenities you would expect from a Candlewood Suites, however check their website to see what they do and do not offer so you will be educated before you arrive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Adamstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I came for a night in September. The check in staff was very helpful...I made a special request and it was handled quickly. Later I had an issue in the room and it was also handled quickly. The evening staff was both friendly and very helpful and the room was very comfortable. I would stay here again.
Cristal

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Haifa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I arrived very late after a long flight. The non-smoking room was large and clean but it smelled heavily from smoke. I was so tired, so didn't ask to change it. When I left the next morning, my clothes smelled as if I came out of a smoking bar.
I had to meet someone for work, but there was no place to sit at the hotel so we had to go to the nearby Sheraton.
Unlike most hotel chains that offer a light breakfast - they don't. There's a fridge where you can buy some food and it in your (stinky) room.
Very disappointing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sydney L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments about our rooms being large and clean! I understand your concern about the smoke smell in your room, and apologize that you had to deal with that. The Candlewood Suites brand is about offering a great rate for an at home feel and that is why we want our guests to have the freedom to come down to the Cupboard for breakfast, make it in their suite, or go out to one of our near by restaurants.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here for one night before flying out of BWI. It was just OK. We used Priority Club points.

The first room we were given smelled very bad, like feces. We went back down to the desk and asked for another room. The desk clerk acted like he knew there was a problem but he still wasn't very pleased we were asking to be moved and he informed us they didn't have any other rooms like we booked with our POINTS. I guess because we were staying in a free room we were just supposed to tolerate the stink. When we pressed the issue we were finally given another room. This one was pretty dusty but at least it didn't smell.

The next morning we asked for a receipt just to make sure nothing was put on our credit card that shouldn't have been. This also seemed to be a problem. There was a $25 charge that was really a charge between the hotel and Priority Club and I still don't understand why this was on my bill. It was never actually charged to my credit card but it was a concern when we initially saw it.

I did not walk away from this property feeling like a valued guest. Yes, I stayed for "free" with Priority Club points but I earned those points by being a loyal customer to their parent company. I would probably only stay here again if I couldn't find a room somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sydney L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I apologize that you experienced an issue with your original room while staying with us. Our IHG rewards members are our most valued guests and we try to accomodate them in any way that we can. We have several guests that stay on points, and we are very happy to have them! I undersatnd your concerns about the bill, and assure you that you will not be charged anything. I hope that you will decide to stay with us again!
Keedysville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here night before flying out of BWI. Great value in the room plus leaving our car here for 12 days. Hotel staff was great and found our room to be great. Stopped my the snack room for the kids snack.

• Stayed July 2013
Sydney L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel! We are glad you were able to take advantage of our great Park and Fly package. I hope you enjoyed your trip and we look forward to seeing you again for your next flight out of BWI!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here the night before we flew out to Jamaica. I thought the price was pretty good and so was the location. We are at Chili's which is only 2 minutes down the road. I thought that there should be more places to eat in the area being that most people stay at the hotels/motels around the area being that they are close the airport. The room was nice and had a kitchen equipped with a full-sized fridge, microwave, dishwasher, toaster and dishware. The bed was small though and with 2 people sleeping in it lets just say its hard to not roll off the bed at night. Also, the curtains did not close which was terrible because the light comes right on and it is as if you are sleeping with the lights on. Furthermore, the water pressure was terrible. Overall though, nice location, nice room, and friendly service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We checked in on a Sunday and our room was ready (3:00pm). We were up on the 3rd floor, not a problem with elevators or stairs. The carpeting is old with lots of stains on it (both hallway and room). The kitchen area is good...having plates, silverware, cooking utensils, etc. and a grocery store a few miles away. They also have washers and dryers which are free to guests, but was very surprised when they were actually selling toothbrushes, combs, razors, etc (50 cents)...which most motels/hotels give you free! Parking was at a premium, although the hotels wasn't full. Only restaurants close by are a Wendy's and Bob Evans. Cracker Barrel is in the process of being built. The front desk did give us a menu from the Szechuan Hot Wok chinese which delivers and I will say it was excellent with the most chicken I have even gotten! Front desk staff was nice but seemed busy all the time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel. I am glad that you found our rooms accomodating with our full kitchens in every room. I am pleased to say that we are having the hallway carpet replaced very soon. I am happy that you enjoyed the chinese restaurant the front desk recommended. We are very excited for the Cracker Barrel to open soon! Thank you for staying and we hope to see you if you are in the area again.

Been to Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum? Share your experiences!