“OK for one night” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“OK for one night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here for one night before flying out of BWI. It was just OK. We used Priority Club points.

The first room we were given smelled very bad, like feces. We went back down to the desk and asked for another room. The desk clerk acted like he knew there was a problem but he still wasn't very pleased we were asking to be moved and he informed us they didn't have any other rooms like we booked with our POINTS. I guess because we were staying in a free room we were just supposed to tolerate the stink. When we pressed the issue we were finally given another room. This one was pretty dusty but at least it didn't smell.

The next morning we asked for a receipt just to make sure nothing was put on our credit card that shouldn't have been. This also seemed to be a problem. There was a $25 charge that was really a charge between the hotel and Priority Club and I still don't understand why this was on my bill. It was never actually charged to my credit card but it was a concern when we initially saw it.

I did not walk away from this property feeling like a valued guest. Yes, I stayed for "free" with Priority Club points but I earned those points by being a loyal customer to their parent company. I would probably only stay here again if I couldn't find a room somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sydney L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I apologize that you experienced an issue with your original room while staying with us. Our IHG rewards members are our most valued guests and we try to accomodate them in any way that we can. We have several guests that stay on points, and we are very happy to have them! I undersatnd your concerns about the bill, and assure you that you will not be charged anything. I hope that you will decide to stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Keedysville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here night before flying out of BWI. Great value in the room plus leaving our car here for 12 days. Hotel staff was great and found our room to be great. Stopped my the snack room for the kids snack.

• Stayed July 2013
Sydney L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel! We are glad you were able to take advantage of our great Park and Fly package. I hope you enjoyed your trip and we look forward to seeing you again for your next flight out of BWI!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here the night before we flew out to Jamaica. I thought the price was pretty good and so was the location. We are at Chili's which is only 2 minutes down the road. I thought that there should be more places to eat in the area being that most people stay at the hotels/motels around the area being that they are close the airport. The room was nice and had a kitchen equipped with a full-sized fridge, microwave, dishwasher, toaster and dishware. The bed was small though and with 2 people sleeping in it lets just say its hard to not roll off the bed at night. Also, the curtains did not close which was terrible because the light comes right on and it is as if you are sleeping with the lights on. Furthermore, the water pressure was terrible. Overall though, nice location, nice room, and friendly service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We checked in on a Sunday and our room was ready (3:00pm). We were up on the 3rd floor, not a problem with elevators or stairs. The carpeting is old with lots of stains on it (both hallway and room). The kitchen area is good...having plates, silverware, cooking utensils, etc. and a grocery store a few miles away. They also have washers and dryers which are free to guests, but was very surprised when they were actually selling toothbrushes, combs, razors, etc (50 cents)...which most motels/hotels give you free! Parking was at a premium, although the hotels wasn't full. Only restaurants close by are a Wendy's and Bob Evans. Cracker Barrel is in the process of being built. The front desk did give us a menu from the Szechuan Hot Wok chinese which delivers and I will say it was excellent with the most chicken I have even gotten! Front desk staff was nice but seemed busy all the time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel. I am glad that you found our rooms accomodating with our full kitchens in every room. I am pleased to say that we are having the hallway carpet replaced very soon. I am happy that you enjoyed the chinese restaurant the front desk recommended. We are very excited for the Cracker Barrel to open soon! Thank you for staying and we hope to see you if you are in the area again.
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Recently my family stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Baltimore. Although there was one major glitch, out stay was pleasant because of the staff working the front desk, and the shuttle drivers. Our flight arrived far too early to check in, however, the front desk clerk allowed us to leave our luggage at the hotel while we went into DC. The shuttle bus driver was incredible, full of helpful hints, very accommodating, knowledgeable about the area, and even recommended a breakfast place for us. When we returned to the hotel, to officially check in, the front desk clerk was wonderful. When we discovered that our room had been wrongly booked ( we were in a smoking room with 1 bed, and a pull out couch - for 4 adult sized people - absolute non smokers) the front desk person could not make any room switches because it was booked up. Ultimately we had the room sprayed down - very smokey smell that turned my 11 year old daughters stomach.
Over all the hotel met our basic needs. But the cheerfulness, and accommodating staff made the stay enjoyable. Sometimes quality customer service is more important that the service provided.

Room Tip: if you require a non smoking room, check and re check your reservation/confirmation to ensure it was...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am very pleased that you found our team so accomodating. They work very hard to go above and beyond for our guests! We try to make every guest experience a great one, and I apologize that your reservation was booked incorrectly. Next time you are in the area I urge you to book directly through the hotel so we can assure that your room is booked correctly. We hope to see you again soon!
Pueblo West, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is an average property. The bed was small for a queen; however, the room was clean and comfortable. It is close to everything we wanted to see including Baltimore on a Sunday, the Savage Mill Shops, and numerous other venues. The parking lot gets snug on weekdays One teaspoon in the drawer and no tablespoons. Full sized fridge, microwave, two burner range, and a dishwasher. An okay property, but I would question the size of a queen...perhaps I've been in a king too long.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Jim N,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are very happy that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable.

Please accept our sincerest apologies if you didn't find the size of the bed to your liking. Nonetheless, we are still pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sonoma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We chose this place mainly for its proximity to BWI airport because we had early morning flights. The room was very clean and comfortable, the staff was very warm and professional. The property was easy to find. They have their own shuttle which travels to the airport every half hour, we got there very quickly. I was surprised how close the airport actually was because I there was no airplane flyover noise inside the building.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum? Share your experiences!