“Nice rooms, bad commons” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Covington, Kentucky
“Nice rooms, bad commons”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Booked online. Upon arrival noticed the parking lot loaded with construction workers' trucks and the workers drinking and smoking all over the parking lot. At check-in was told the wrong room number, but that was fixed. Common areas were filthy and smelled. Bleach stains all over the hall carpets and the hallway was not air conditioned and smelled. Up to this point, it resembled a former rundown version of Motel 6.

Opened the door, and it was like night and day. The inside of the room was clean as a whistle with a modern appearance, new furniture, and a good mattress. You cannot pull the drapes closed, so only sheers stop outside light. Air conditioning works well. An access code for the Internet was given but not used. Adequate bathroom supplies and nice towels.

The employees answered all questions with polite manners. You can get free coffee in the morning but no breakfast included.

Overall, look elsewhere. This looks like it's now a blue-collar construction worker hotel. Plenty of other hotels in the area with similar costs exist.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Westlake, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

...all of the "average" reviews here. This hotel is without question the best bargain @ BWI. It's newer, big, clean and has all of the amenities that other hotels in the area charge twice as much for. You won't find a better hotel at a better rate @ BWI. Your search ends here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

I went to visit family and it was a great place to stay. I was able to cook and do the things I can do at home.

• Stayed June 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

They accommodated us prior to check in because we came a long distance. Front desk was friendly n helpful very professional. They welcomed my pet at a reasonable price. Very clean quiet and only 8 miles from shopping n restaurants. No pool that was the only downfall but we made up by going to six flags which was 35 min away! Perfect stay!!

• Stayed May 2012
Montana City, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We were met at the Amtrak station by a very nice shuttle driver. I have forgotten his name but he had a thick Jamaician accent and was very fast to arrive and friendly.
Upon entering the hotel I feared we had made a big mistake as the lobby is small and dirty looking, but we were pleasantly surprised when entering our room. We had a king suite and it was very roomy and clean. The bed was comfortable and room was sound proof.The room was very hot and did take a while to cool down.
All service employees were great. The only compliant is that we arrived very thirsty and they have no ice machines in the hotel. There is an ice machine in the fridge, but you have to wait for ice to be made! My son did inquire at the front desk and was told no ice except what fridge makes!
We left at 620 the next am and shuttle driver took us immediately to the airport which is 5 minutes away, that was nice!
I am not sure if I would stay again, if I do I will bring a large cup of ice water with me!

Room Tip: King suite was very roomy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear akmoma,

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am glad that you liked the room and the service you received by our staff. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced waiting for ice to be made by your in room freezer. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Stoughton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

You get what you pay for. I don't mean this in a really bad way, but I stayed here because I wanted a hotel with a kitchen and this was by far the cheapest one. Location was convenient but rooms were just decent. It seemed a bit outdated. I'm not sure if it's because these rooms have kitchens, but there was just a constant odor in the room. Also, What was annoying were the dull kitchen utensils. Trying to slice anything with the knives they provided was a nightmare.... However the rooms were roomy and the beds were comfortable. If you want a kitchen but want to stay somewhere cheap stay here. If you have more wiggle room in your spending, invest it elsewhere. In terms of service, they were fantastic. I actually needed more pots and pans as well as other extra kitchen utensils and they brought them up to me right away. Points for that. Overall, I'd stay here again if I needed to, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Mechanicsburg, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This place is an OK place to stay for work travel. I don't know that I would recommend it for much else. It would be OK for people who are looking to visit Baltimore and are on a budget because rooms do have the full kitchen. Downsides are that the size of the room is small. There is only a queen bed and no couch, so it would be hard for more than two people. The front desk staff is very nice, and I got to spin a little prize wheel when I checked in and one extra priority club points. I would stay here again if the place I usually stay is booked so I can still get club points. Oh and it sounded like elephants were above me. I cannot remember ever staying in a hotel where I could hear the people above me walking around.

Room Tip: Try to get top floor to avoid hearing the people walk around above you!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum? Share your experiences!