“Decent hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Stoughton, Massachusetts
“Decent hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

You get what you pay for. I don't mean this in a really bad way, but I stayed here because I wanted a hotel with a kitchen and this was by far the cheapest one. Location was convenient but rooms were just decent. It seemed a bit outdated. I'm not sure if it's because these rooms have kitchens, but there was just a constant odor in the room. Also, What was annoying were the dull kitchen utensils. Trying to slice anything with the knives they provided was a nightmare.... However the rooms were roomy and the beds were comfortable. If you want a kitchen but want to stay somewhere cheap stay here. If you have more wiggle room in your spending, invest it elsewhere. In terms of service, they were fantastic. I actually needed more pots and pans as well as other extra kitchen utensils and they brought them up to me right away. Points for that. Overall, I'd stay here again if I needed to, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Mechanicsburg, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This place is an OK place to stay for work travel. I don't know that I would recommend it for much else. It would be OK for people who are looking to visit Baltimore and are on a budget because rooms do have the full kitchen. Downsides are that the size of the room is small. There is only a queen bed and no couch, so it would be hard for more than two people. The front desk staff is very nice, and I got to spin a little prize wheel when I checked in and one extra priority club points. I would stay here again if the place I usually stay is booked so I can still get club points. Oh and it sounded like elephants were above me. I cannot remember ever staying in a hotel where I could hear the people above me walking around.

Room Tip: Try to get top floor to avoid hearing the people walk around above you!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Lakenheath, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Beware! This hotel is under construction right now and it's VERY NOISY! Sometimes into the night and early in the morning. They also turn off the water during the day almost every day and sometimes turn off the electricity in people's rooms.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear Amanda W,

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your feedback via Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum. I apologize for the construction and poor service experience when you used the hotel & facilities available here, this is not the usual high standard of guest experience that we offer. We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests & this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer. Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Willoughby, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Stayed at candlewood for one night because of a very early flight back home out of BWI and I will definitely stay there again. Shuttle service to BWI and local rail/Amtrak station was free and very convenient. Rooms were pretty good, rate reasonable.

• Stayed March 2012
Pflugerville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Not a bad hotel and convenient to BWI. Had mixed results with the staff with some very helpful and others not so much. Would at least consider staying here again when in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

This is a great extended hotel; staff is friendly, courteous and very professional

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Being new to an extended stay I was not familiar with the accomdations. I was and am pleased to have a stovetop,refridgerator, coffemaker, dishwasher and cabinets stocked with all I need to prepare a meal. I was surprised to find free washes and dryers(bring your own soap or buy thiers). The room is clean and comfortable. I should mention the front desk person Jasmine; she helped me out with more than a few requests and a good representative of candlewood. For those staying for an extended trip I should mention is the room is only serviced once a week. As I understand it you can request more frequent maid service if needed.

Room Tip: I like the 4th floor, no walkers above you.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum? Share your experiences!