“Pleasurable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Pleasurable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Great location...in the BWI area...rooms were spacious and clean...they had free business area...unsure if it had free printing...but the business area is enclosed in separate area which provides a degree if privacy...service is always outstanding with a smile...free parking...

• Stayed January 2013
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thanks for your awesome review! Most travelers find the business center useful when printing out their boarding passes, this way they don't have to do it at the airport. Other guest's use it to get work done or just to respond to emails. We do have free printing, we have a great copier that works fast, and a color printer. I almost forgot to mention we have wireless printing; this allows you to send documents to the printer from your laptop in your room!

Again, thanks for the great review, we look forward to seeing you soon!

333 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We found this to be a perfect place to stay with no issues. Large comfortable rooms with very comfy beds. The lobby and hallway areas were very nice and clean. Staff was generally very friendly (although one of the supervisors at the front desk sounded very robotic like when checking us in, as if reading a script). There is a restaurant on the premises and a Bob Evans right next door. All in all, a wonderful place to stay. Only thing that would have made it better would have been free breakfast but I guess you can't have it all. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for the high marks and nice comments! We do offer a rate package that includes breakfast for all guests that are on the reservation, may be something to look into next time. It can save you some money out of your pocket instead of paying for the full price of breakfast. Next time your in the BWI area, give me a call, I'll set up the breakfast package/reservation. Hope to see you again soon, have a great week!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed here 1 night, front desk was very helpful in adding an extra rollaway bed for our son. Very clean in all areas in the room. Bed was possibly the most comfortable I've ever slept in at a hotel. One drawback, we arrived late after a long drive and we had hoped to use the pool/spa but it closed at 9pm.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
"The most comfortable be that I have ever slept in at a hotel." Wow that is awesome, sounds like you were well rested for the next day. I hope you didn't wake up late! Next time you and family need a good night's rest, we will have a room waiting for you. Happy New Year's, we look forward to seeing you again in 2013!
Warren, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I had seen the earlier reviews about heating issues and thought it was an anomaly. However, the first room we were given the temp in the room was 63 degrees. We upped the temp to 68 . . . nothing . . . 70 still nothing. We asked to move to another room. We were moved to another room this was around 11:30 p.m. The new room had heat (albeit noisy). The wind from outside blew into the room from under the heater and as soon as the heater went off the heat would kick back on again. We had to finally just turn it off so we could sleep. I had expected more from the Hilton property. The sleep quality rating would have been higher if we could have actually slept as the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
I am so sorry that we didn't provide you with a easy-convenient stay. You come to a hotel expecting a clean room with working amenitities, and you received less than this during your stay, I understand how frustrating it must have been for you. I promise that if you give us another chance, it will be much better than your previous stay. Please feel free to contact me and I will set up the arrangements for you. I will make sure everything goes well. I hope to hear from you soon.
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I will openly admit; I Priceline'd this hotel, meaning I had no idea what 3+ star hotel I'd get. As you may have seen from another of my reviews, I LOVED the Residence Inn at BWI and was hoping to stay there again. Instead, Priceline put me at the Hilton Garden Inn. Now there are some very nice 3+ star hotels near BWI, so a Hilton Garden Inn did not excite me.

But I was wrong. This is a nice hotel with very clean, comfortable, spacious rooms, with a nice business center, free WiFi, and best of all, it's the closest hotel to the BW Parkway, making it extremely easy to commute back and forth to Baltimore and Washington.

The staff was friendly, parking was plentiful, and the BWI/West Nursery hotel corrdior, which now houses Ruby Tuesday, Chii's, Starbucks, Bob Evans, and plenty of restaurant choices makes staying near the airport a much better choice than it used to be.

All in all, a surprisingly comfortable, convenient stay! I'd be happy to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at BWI again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
It's always nice to hear that we exceeded expectations, thank you! I'm glad to hear that you found our hotel to be in a convenient location, with access to the BW parkway and many restaurants. Next time work or whatever briings you this way, we hope you end up at Hilton Garden Inn BWI. Have a great New Year!
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Very first time staying in a Hilton Garden Inn.....and maybe the last.

The hotel does offer some good things:
-Friendly and fast service
-Free shuttle to BWI
-Reasonable rates
-Clean bathroom

However, I was unimpressed with the property.
-Dated feeling property (Countryesque interior from about 10 years ago)
-Low quality sheets
-No instructions for the Sleep Number bed and wasn't comfortable

Overall, not bad, but not great either. Given the cons, I'd probably stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking your time to write a review. I am so sorry that we provided you with just an average stay. We have some new staff members here that are excited to be here, hopefully you give us a second chance and meet some of the team. We are being proactive and replacing many of the items and amentities in every room, so each room has a fresh new feeling. We really hope you visit us again in the near future. Have a wonderful New Year!
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

With employees like APRIL welcoming guests, Hilton Garden Inn will do well!! Very friendly and most accomodating young lady who helped us to a room on the top floor. It had previously been a smoking room and is now NON SMOKING room. She promised us if we detected a hint of smoke to call down to the front desk and she would personally bring us a key to another room. No problem because there was no hint of cigarette smoke! The carpeting had NO stains and that is rare nowadays. The king room was LARGE with a comfortable chair and ottoman. The desk area was well lit with a new chair. Bed linens were clean and the bottom sheet was fitted! Yes!! Lots of pillows and a lightweight duvet. Microwave and fridge were also handy. Not a lot of channels on the t.v. and every so often the sound disappeared for a few seconds. The bathroom was very well lighted and a nice, large granite counter top! Bathtub seemed to have been re-glazed (?) and I thought it felt a bit uneven while trying to stand. Shower spray could have been better too.

Hallways were quiet the night we were there (12/16/12). Check in was great as was check-out at 3:30am! Employee on duty was even friendly at that hour. I would DEFINITELY return here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Wow thanks for mentioning April, she is such a wonderful person and deserves the recognition. It's nice to hear that the condition of the hotel was better than what was expected. We look forward to seeing you again, if I can assist with any special accommodations for your future stay, please let me know. Happy New Year!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport? Share your experiences!