“Disappointed.” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Warren, Rhode Island
“Disappointed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I had seen the earlier reviews about heating issues and thought it was an anomaly. However, the first room we were given the temp in the room was 63 degrees. We upped the temp to 68 . . . nothing . . . 70 still nothing. We asked to move to another room. We were moved to another room this was around 11:30 p.m. The new room had heat (albeit noisy). The wind from outside blew into the room from under the heater and as soon as the heater went off the heat would kick back on again. We had to finally just turn it off so we could sleep. I had expected more from the Hilton property. The sleep quality rating would have been higher if we could have actually slept as the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
I am so sorry that we didn't provide you with a easy-convenient stay. You come to a hotel expecting a clean room with working amenitities, and you received less than this during your stay, I understand how frustrating it must have been for you. I promise that if you give us another chance, it will be much better than your previous stay. Please feel free to contact me and I will set up the arrangements for you. I will make sure everything goes well. I hope to hear from you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I will openly admit; I Priceline'd this hotel, meaning I had no idea what 3+ star hotel I'd get. As you may have seen from another of my reviews, I LOVED the Residence Inn at BWI and was hoping to stay there again. Instead, Priceline put me at the Hilton Garden Inn. Now there are some very nice 3+ star hotels near BWI, so a Hilton Garden Inn did not excite me.

But I was wrong. This is a nice hotel with very clean, comfortable, spacious rooms, with a nice business center, free WiFi, and best of all, it's the closest hotel to the BW Parkway, making it extremely easy to commute back and forth to Baltimore and Washington.

The staff was friendly, parking was plentiful, and the BWI/West Nursery hotel corrdior, which now houses Ruby Tuesday, Chii's, Starbucks, Bob Evans, and plenty of restaurant choices makes staying near the airport a much better choice than it used to be.

All in all, a surprisingly comfortable, convenient stay! I'd be happy to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at BWI again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
It's always nice to hear that we exceeded expectations, thank you! I'm glad to hear that you found our hotel to be in a convenient location, with access to the BW parkway and many restaurants. Next time work or whatever briings you this way, we hope you end up at Hilton Garden Inn BWI. Have a great New Year!
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Very first time staying in a Hilton Garden Inn.....and maybe the last.

The hotel does offer some good things:
-Friendly and fast service
-Free shuttle to BWI
-Reasonable rates
-Clean bathroom

However, I was unimpressed with the property.
-Dated feeling property (Countryesque interior from about 10 years ago)
-Low quality sheets
-No instructions for the Sleep Number bed and wasn't comfortable

Overall, not bad, but not great either. Given the cons, I'd probably stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking your time to write a review. I am so sorry that we provided you with just an average stay. We have some new staff members here that are excited to be here, hopefully you give us a second chance and meet some of the team. We are being proactive and replacing many of the items and amentities in every room, so each room has a fresh new feeling. We really hope you visit us again in the near future. Have a wonderful New Year!
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

With employees like APRIL welcoming guests, Hilton Garden Inn will do well!! Very friendly and most accomodating young lady who helped us to a room on the top floor. It had previously been a smoking room and is now NON SMOKING room. She promised us if we detected a hint of smoke to call down to the front desk and she would personally bring us a key to another room. No problem because there was no hint of cigarette smoke! The carpeting had NO stains and that is rare nowadays. The king room was LARGE with a comfortable chair and ottoman. The desk area was well lit with a new chair. Bed linens were clean and the bottom sheet was fitted! Yes!! Lots of pillows and a lightweight duvet. Microwave and fridge were also handy. Not a lot of channels on the t.v. and every so often the sound disappeared for a few seconds. The bathroom was very well lighted and a nice, large granite counter top! Bathtub seemed to have been re-glazed (?) and I thought it felt a bit uneven while trying to stand. Shower spray could have been better too.

Hallways were quiet the night we were there (12/16/12). Check in was great as was check-out at 3:30am! Employee on duty was even friendly at that hour. I would DEFINITELY return here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Wow thanks for mentioning April, she is such a wonderful person and deserves the recognition. It's nice to hear that the condition of the hotel was better than what was expected. We look forward to seeing you again, if I can assist with any special accommodations for your future stay, please let me know. Happy New Year!
Stockbridge, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Thank you to Mr. Chris Rogers for accomadating my military son and 8 month old grandson.
His flight was cancelled in Norfolk, Va and had to catch an airport bus shuttle to Baltimore, MD due to inclement weather. I phoned and Mr Rogers was so PROFESSIONAL and very on point with is position.. Im overwhelmed with joy because I know that my family is SAFE and in a convenient and comfortable hotel until they take their International Flight back home to Ansbach

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I'm happy to know that you had Chris assist you. He is so helpful and was in fact "employee of the month" for November. Thank you for allowing us to take care of your family, they will always be in good hands at Hilton Garden Inn BWI. We hope that you and your family visit us in the New Year. We wish you a safe and happy holiday!
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I did the "park and fly" for BWI. We stay in a lot of Hilton and Hilton Garden Inns and chose this one for its proximity to BWI. Our shuttle driver was terrific BOTH ways - over the Thanksgiving weekend, people are not always friendly but he was! The boiler was out in the lobby of the hotel and our meal there was a little chilly but everyone worked double-time to make our meal a good one. Food was hot, well presented and fresh. The wine selection was very good and our service was spot-on. Room was clean and plenty warm. We would definitely come back here again for a "park and fly". Definitely well worth it and a wonderful surprise on a crazy travel week!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for the wonderful review! I'm glad to hear the shuttle ride and driver were great both times, we really have an awesome staff here. Thank you for staying with us despite the boiler issues we had during your stay. I am happy to report that the heat in the lobby area is working great now. We hope to see you again soon, have a happy New Year!
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I recently spent two nights at this hotel while attending a conference at CCMIT. I was pleasantly surprised with the speed of the airport shuttle even though my flight landed close to midnight. The staff was friendly and the room was spotless. Everything about this hotel was convenient and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Wow, thanks for such a great review! We really appreciate you for taking your time to share your experience. It sounds as if everything went well during your stay. We hope you decide to stay with us next time your in the BWI area. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport? Share your experiences!