“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
North Carolina
“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

With employees like APRIL welcoming guests, Hilton Garden Inn will do well!! Very friendly and most accomodating young lady who helped us to a room on the top floor. It had previously been a smoking room and is now NON SMOKING room. She promised us if we detected a hint of smoke to call down to the front desk and she would personally bring us a key to another room. No problem because there was no hint of cigarette smoke! The carpeting had NO stains and that is rare nowadays. The king room was LARGE with a comfortable chair and ottoman. The desk area was well lit with a new chair. Bed linens were clean and the bottom sheet was fitted! Yes!! Lots of pillows and a lightweight duvet. Microwave and fridge were also handy. Not a lot of channels on the t.v. and every so often the sound disappeared for a few seconds. The bathroom was very well lighted and a nice, large granite counter top! Bathtub seemed to have been re-glazed (?) and I thought it felt a bit uneven while trying to stand. Shower spray could have been better too.

Hallways were quiet the night we were there (12/16/12). Check in was great as was check-out at 3:30am! Employee on duty was even friendly at that hour. I would DEFINITELY return here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Wow thanks for mentioning April, she is such a wonderful person and deserves the recognition. It's nice to hear that the condition of the hotel was better than what was expected. We look forward to seeing you again, if I can assist with any special accommodations for your future stay, please let me know. Happy New Year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Stockbridge, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Thank you to Mr. Chris Rogers for accomadating my military son and 8 month old grandson.
His flight was cancelled in Norfolk, Va and had to catch an airport bus shuttle to Baltimore, MD due to inclement weather. I phoned and Mr Rogers was so PROFESSIONAL and very on point with is position.. Im overwhelmed with joy because I know that my family is SAFE and in a convenient and comfortable hotel until they take their International Flight back home to Ansbach

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I'm happy to know that you had Chris assist you. He is so helpful and was in fact "employee of the month" for November. Thank you for allowing us to take care of your family, they will always be in good hands at Hilton Garden Inn BWI. We hope that you and your family visit us in the New Year. We wish you a safe and happy holiday!
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I did the "park and fly" for BWI. We stay in a lot of Hilton and Hilton Garden Inns and chose this one for its proximity to BWI. Our shuttle driver was terrific BOTH ways - over the Thanksgiving weekend, people are not always friendly but he was! The boiler was out in the lobby of the hotel and our meal there was a little chilly but everyone worked double-time to make our meal a good one. Food was hot, well presented and fresh. The wine selection was very good and our service was spot-on. Room was clean and plenty warm. We would definitely come back here again for a "park and fly". Definitely well worth it and a wonderful surprise on a crazy travel week!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for the wonderful review! I'm glad to hear the shuttle ride and driver were great both times, we really have an awesome staff here. Thank you for staying with us despite the boiler issues we had during your stay. I am happy to report that the heat in the lobby area is working great now. We hope to see you again soon, have a happy New Year!
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I recently spent two nights at this hotel while attending a conference at CCMIT. I was pleasantly surprised with the speed of the airport shuttle even though my flight landed close to midnight. The staff was friendly and the room was spotless. Everything about this hotel was convenient and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Wow, thanks for such a great review! We really appreciate you for taking your time to share your experience. It sounds as if everything went well during your stay. We hope you decide to stay with us next time your in the BWI area. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had to stay here for a night on my way out of Baltimore. I booked over priceline and got a killer deal ~33% of the rack rate.

I took the light rail out to the hotel and called them en route. They sent a shuttle over to the airport immediately. It took them only 8 minutes to get there. The pickup was smooth and the driver was very friendly. We chatted about the storm Sandy which was scheduled to arrive 1 day later. He was knowledgeable about the weather forecasts and told me that my flight the next morning would likely not be affected by the storm. When I got to the check in desk, they processed my reservation immediately and set up a wake up call and scheduled a shuttle ride for the next morning.

The room was comfortable and had a coffee maker and a microwave. The bed was OK and the room temperature was adjustable and accurate. If you do stay here, just know that a lot of families and kids stay here, so if you prefer quiet, then get a room away from the elevators.

The bathroom was the only unsatisfactory part of the trip. The shower did not drain properly and after a 10 minute shower, there was 6 inches of pooled water at the bottom of the tub. Since I only discovered this on the morning of my departure, I did not mention it to the staff.

The shuttle ride the next morning went without a hitch.

Overall, good hotel with a convenient location near the airport. The free shuttle to the terminal was excellent and made the experience worthwhile. (Value was excellent, but I did book via priceline)

Room Tip: Lots of kids stay here and use the pool so for a quiet room, get one away from the elevators.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad to hear the shuttle proved most useful during your stay. It's great that you didn't get stuck here for the storm; I hope that the rest of your travels went well.

You may be aware, but just in case you didn't know, we have the adjustable Garden Sleep System beds at our hotel. Each side of the bed has a dial that allows you to change the firmness of the bed to your liking.

On the weekend we do tend to have more families, during the week we have more business travelers. Next time you visit us just let us know your preference for the location of the room and we'll be sure to accommodate your requests.

We hope to see you again soon, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

First, they were at a disadvantage due to the fact that there was no heat in their entire lobby, restaurant, etc. They said the boiler was out and it would be a day and a half before it would be replaced. The place was freezing! The staff was wearing coats and scarves. I can't see how they could keep the restaurant open. When I left at 5:30 the next morning, the guy at the desk was seated in the corner with a blanket wrapped around him. He didn't even get up when I put the key on the counter!

I got to the room and it had challenges as well. It was supposed to be non-smoking, but it had the smell that indicated that they weren't too strict about that. The room was also freezing until I cranked the heat. It warmed up but then cooled down rapidly, over and over. I finally looked behind the curtains and found the window to be wide open.

Shower had very noticeable mold. Shower drain was slow/clogged. I'm tempted to give 2 stars but giving the Hilton brand the benefit of the doubt.

This place needs help quick, or it should lose the Hilton brand.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to hear we provided you with such a poor experience. I know how frustrating it must have been to wake up and come downstairs to such a cold lobby, while attempting to eat breakfast. It's really not a good way to start the day. We are sorry to all of our guest's that had to experience this. But I am happy to announce that the boiler has been replaced and our lobby is at a warm comfortable temperature.

I'm sorry that you experienced challenges with room. I hope that you had time to report these issues to staff and they were able to correct the problems.

We strive to take care of our guests, while always improving the level of service, without your feedback this wouldn't be possible.

I hope that you decide to give us another chance to provide you with the experience you should have had the first time. If there is anything I can do for you, please give me a call at 410-691-0500.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I chose this hotel to stay overnight before a lacrosse tournament in Pasadena MD. It was very convenient to the highways and yet quiet inside. Very clean. Front desk staff was extremely professional and polite when I called to let them know I would be arriving very late, and when I did arrive to check in. The indoor pool looked nice but we did not have a chance to check it out.

The hallways, carpet, rooms, and beds all seemed recently upgraded. The room was nice and clean, fresh smelling, and the beds were luxurious.

We didn't get a chance to have breakfast there but it was priced very reasonably.

The automatic wake up call system worked great.

I would definitely stay here again for a BWI flight. We usually stay at the Sheraton at the airport, but the Hilton Garden Inn has the extra advantage of the indoor pool and hot tub.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for this very nice review, I'm glad that you decided to give us a chance instead of staying at the property in which you normally stay! It sounds like you had a great experience and may be returning in the future, we really hope so. You may be aware, but we have the 24 hour complimentary shuttle service that goes to and from BWI. Most travelers find the shuttle service to be really helpful. If I can assist which any future reservations, please contact me at 410-691-0507. Have a great week!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport? Share your experiences!