“Not Up To HGI Standards” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #2 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Denver, Colorado
“Not Up To HGI Standards”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

First, they were at a disadvantage due to the fact that there was no heat in their entire lobby, restaurant, etc. They said the boiler was out and it would be a day and a half before it would be replaced. The place was freezing! The staff was wearing coats and scarves. I can't see how they could keep the restaurant open. When I left at 5:30 the next morning, the guy at the desk was seated in the corner with a blanket wrapped around him. He didn't even get up when I put the key on the counter!

I got to the room and it had challenges as well. It was supposed to be non-smoking, but it had the smell that indicated that they weren't too strict about that. The room was also freezing until I cranked the heat. It warmed up but then cooled down rapidly, over and over. I finally looked behind the curtains and found the window to be wide open.

Shower had very noticeable mold. Shower drain was slow/clogged. I'm tempted to give 2 stars but giving the Hilton brand the benefit of the doubt.

This place needs help quick, or it should lose the Hilton brand.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for sharing feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to hear we provided you with such a poor experience. I know how frustrating it must have been to wake up and come downstairs to such a cold lobby, while attempting to eat breakfast. It's really not a good way to start the day. We are sorry to all of our guest's that had to experience this. But I am happy to announce that the boiler has been replaced and our lobby is at a warm comfortable temperature.

I'm sorry that you experienced challenges with room. I hope that you had time to report these issues to staff and they were able to correct the problems.

We strive to take care of our guests, while always improving the level of service, without your feedback this wouldn't be possible.

I hope that you decide to give us another chance to provide you with the experience you should have had the first time. If there is anything I can do for you, please give me a call at 410-691-0500.

Happy Thanksgiving!

315 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I chose this hotel to stay overnight before a lacrosse tournament in Pasadena MD. It was very convenient to the highways and yet quiet inside. Very clean. Front desk staff was extremely professional and polite when I called to let them know I would be arriving very late, and when I did arrive to check in. The indoor pool looked nice but we did not have a chance to check it out.

The hallways, carpet, rooms, and beds all seemed recently upgraded. The room was nice and clean, fresh smelling, and the beds were luxurious.

We didn't get a chance to have breakfast there but it was priced very reasonably.

The automatic wake up call system worked great.

I would definitely stay here again for a BWI flight. We usually stay at the Sheraton at the airport, but the Hilton Garden Inn has the extra advantage of the indoor pool and hot tub.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for this very nice review, I'm glad that you decided to give us a chance instead of staying at the property in which you normally stay! It sounds like you had a great experience and may be returning in the future, we really hope so. You may be aware, but we have the 24 hour complimentary shuttle service that goes to and from BWI. Most travelers find the shuttle service to be really helpful. If I can assist which any future reservations, please contact me at 410-691-0507. Have a great week!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Everything was satisfactory but they advertise complimentary parking. Maybe I misunderstood but most hotels by airports that offer complimentary parking mean you can park there while you are on your trip. Not this one. The charge you a per day fee which most of the staff is confused about as well. Room was nice and clean.

• Stayed October 2012
Thanks for taking the time to share. I'm sorry to hear that there was some confusion about our parking policy, I'll try to clear it up for you the best I can. During your stay at the hotel the parking is complimentary, but if you have checked out and are leaving your vehicle the parking is $5.00 a day. It's actually a decent rate compared to the parking prices of the airport which can be up to $12 a day for the daily garage. We also offer the 24 hour complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. If you are looking for a deal, we offer a Stay and Save package which includes parking for 1 or 2 weeks, depending on what you need. I hope this was helpful, if you have any other questions or concerns, please contact me directly at 410-691-0507. We hope to see you again soon!
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel was a spur of the moment overnighter when I was hanging out in Baltimore. GREAT price, GREAT location, even better service and rooms. I didn't have breakfast but it looked great. Front desk staff was nice, professional, and genuine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I am so happy that we suprised you in a good way! I hope you enjoyed Baltimore as much as you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We look forward to you staying with us again next time you are in town! See you again soon.
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights. Check-in was fine and the room looks nice, but the HVAC is terrible. It's one of those room air-conditioner/heater deals with the control on the wall to make it behave more like a real HVAC system.

Here is the problem, the thermostat just doesn't seem to react well. I found that the room got too hot or too cold and the only way to overcome the thermostat problem was to either have it turned off or on. Not that great when you wake up cold.

Bed: It's supposed to be adjustable...there is a dial on the side of the bed....what was that black mold growth around the adjustment switch? Gross...

Also, the plumbing is not good. Too much noise from toilet flushes and I had one morning where it seemed to take forever for the hot water to come on....and then it didn't stay that hot.

Not a well managed property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Julia B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for staying iwth us during your recent trip to Baltimore!

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room with the thermostat and bed; we will work with our maintenance team to ensure that these problems are corrected. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again so you can enjoy our improvements.

Sincere Regards, Julia Bennett, General Manager
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Everything about our stay was wonderful! The room was clean and very pleasant! Everyone on staff is polite and helpful. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The airport shuttle drivers are the best! So are the front desk clerks. I love how they offer water with fruit in the lobby. I will definitely stay here again next time I am in BWI.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Awesome! I'm glad to hear that you had such a great experience. We hope you come and stay with us again, we'll save you some of the flavored water!
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here for the weekend when my girlfriend and I attended the Baltimore Ravens vs Dallas Cowboys game. the room was very nice, neat and CLEAN. The hotel is in a very convient location to Baltimore and DC. Its also surronded by many resturants, entertainment and shopping choices. Its also close to the MTA Lightrail park and ride which we took into Baltimore to watch the game. Very good price for this nice of a hotel. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am happy to hear that you and your girlfriend had a nice time in Baltimore. The game you saw was stressful for fans from both teams I'm sure! I hope you guys come back soon and see the next game!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport? Share your experiences!