“Enjoyable getaway...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Baltimore, Maryland
“Enjoyable getaway...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I wanted to get away for a couple of days for Valentine's day, so we decided upon thus hotel. I was very pleased w/ the room, the front desk was very professional and pleasant. Bathroom was clean, I asked about a tub in the room and they moved us w/o a problem. Couldn't quite get the special firmness working on the mattress, but it was comfortable none the less. The location is very .close to shopping, movies, and restaurants. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2012
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
That's great that you got to use our hotel as a mini getaway vacation! I hope that you got the whirlpool tub suite, that room is awesome! Next time you guys need to getaway, give me a call and I can set up the room and reservation (410-691-0507), see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Have stayed in a number of Hilton Gardens and never experienced noise like this before. Besides poor insulation from outside - trucks and cars passing, I could hear a neighbor actually using the toilet - yechh. I don't think there is much the hotel can do about it, but you should know about it in case you are sensitive...
They could replace their mattresses though. My King had a dial to adjust firmness, but the side I normally sleep on was very soft despite being turned up to the max. Luckily the other side was much firmer.
Other than that, very pleasant and helpful van service from the terminal and later to a local restaurant, and friendly helpful check-in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your stay. I am very sorry you experienced noise issues as well as comfort issues with the bed. Sometimes the traffic can get noisy around the one corner of the hotel, but next time you stay with us you can request to be assigned to the other side of the hotel, which is extremely quiet. Maybe you are already aware, but we do have adjustable beds. Both sides are the bed adjustable, with the capability of making them firmer or softer. Perhaps the bed you stayed in had been set to one side firm and one side soft. I hope you decide to stay with us again in the near furture, so we can provide you with a better nights rest. Again, thank you for your time, and have a lovely day!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Nice hotel, clean with comfortable beds and only $15 taxi from BIW. Only one issue and that was with noisy kids in the room next door, took 4 calls to get it sorted. The manager offered free breakfast but was leaving early so that didn't work, they didn't offer anything else. Was somewhat dissappointed by that but....what can you do?

Room Tip: Ask for one away from families with lots of children!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Hi Ian,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm very sorry that you were hearing a lot of noise from the children next door. We certainly understand the value of a good night's rest; we hope you were able to get some rest for your early morning after the children settled down. Next time you are in the Baltimore area, give me a call, and I'll make sure you are put in a quiet area of the hotel. Perhaps you will have a chance to take us up on the breakfast offer. Have a lovely weekend, I hope you decide to visit us again and give us the chance to provide you with a better experience.
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed for one night at this HGI. It's pretty much what you would expect: fridge/microwave, nice and clean, small-ish but sufficient fitness room, efficient personnel. I wasn't flying but there is a convenient airport shuttle that I saw a lot of people using. The walls are a little thin, at least mine seemed to be. I could hear people upstairs and next door using the restroom. The hotel is pretty well kept, but I can see it needing some renovations in a few years. I wouldn't mind staying here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thanks for your review, I am glad it was everything you expected but I really hope next time we can exceed your expectations! You are absolutely correct about our shuttle service, not only does it shuttle guests to the airport but we also take guests to local restaurants. Maybe during your next stay you will be able to make use of the shuttle; we can definitely recommend some great dining options. I am very sorry you experienced noise issues from the people above; I hope that it didn't disturb your night too much. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future, if you have any further comments or questions, you can reach me at 410-691-0500. Have a wonderful weekend!
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed here for Grand Prix Weekend rather than spend upwards of $200 night plus parking to stay downtown Baltimore. Quick, easy trip to Downtown .... about 10 minutes. Clean, comfortable hotel, plenty of parking, a few restaurants close by. Did have a couple of MINOR Housekeeping / Maintenance issues during my stay but the staff (Laura) MORE than made up for it and went above and beyond what was necessary.

Adjustable sleep comfort bed malfunctioned and one side was firm and the other was like falling in to a hole ..... they offered to move me to a different room but didn't want to go through the hassle and I don't understand why they don't have a several spare mattresses in storage somewhere since all HGI's use them and there are several in the area ..... seems like a no-brainer but I guess not. Housekeeping also took all the dirty towels and forgot to replace them 1 day but staff took care of it promptly.

Bartender also didn't know how to make a Bloody Mary and they don't even have Bloody Mary mix in the bar ..... strange, since it's a fairly popular drink! I ended up leading him through it using tomato juice and it was acceptable...... I guess!

Even considering the minor issues would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Hello and thanks for the feedback! I recognize your feeback from the survey you completed prior, we really appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience twice. We know that we are not perfect, but we definately try to make every stay the best, and satisfy our guests so that they come back and stay with us again. We hope you do come back soon, if you have any special requests or need anything at all, please contact me or Laura at the hotel, 410-691-0500. We think you are wonderful, thanks again!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

On business in Baltimore. Rooms downtown in the inner harbor area are too expensive, plus charge an extra $30 for parking. Just as nice as any other Hilton Garden Inn around the country. Rooms are new and clean. You know what to expect if you have been staying at Hilton Garden Inns. Really good crab cakes in the restaurant. 5 minutes from BWI airport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review, we really appreciate it! I am glad to hear that you decided to give our hotel a chance instead of staying downtown. If you stay with us again and need transportation to the downtown area, we have a complimentary shuttle service that can take you to the local train station, the train is inexpensive running at $3.50 round trip. Being in Maryland, out hotel really takes pride in our crabcakes, we're glad you had the oppurtunity to try them. We hope to see you again in the future when you are traveling in the BWI area. Thanks again and have a wonderful week!
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I did not actually get to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in due to over booking during the Mid-Atlantic power outages but I was helped by the staff there. While traveling from FLA to ME with my 82 year old mother, I planned on staying somewhere to the north of DC. When I began looking for a hotel for the night I quickly found out that everything within 100 miles was booked. I used a computer to book a room at the Hilton Garden through Hotels.com, got a confirmation number and drove the 20 miles to check in. When I got there I found about 10 other people in line all getting the same information, we did not have a reservation, the hotel was completely booked and the third party reservations did not exist. I wanted to cry and was so bummed but the clerk at the desk was so patient with all of us that were there with no place to go. He took the time to call around to other area hotels and eventually put me in contact with the Hampton Inn at Camden Yards. We got a room at a beautiful hotel and my 13 hour day ended as well as it could have because this guy took the time to help me out when he had lots of others complaining and needing his help. He deserves a huge raise after all he put up with on July 1st.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
JackieMHilton, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the front desk agent even though you didn't actually get to stay with us. I am very sorry that we did have a room for you at our hotel, and you had to travel to another location. But it sounds as if you were very pleased with the assistance of the agent. Thank goodness the outtage is over, it was a horrible week for a lot of residence on the east coast. In the future, I hope you get to stay at our hotel but on better terms. Thanks again for the feedback!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport? Share your experiences!