“Good service, nice rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay and Go
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Ontario, Canada
“Good service, nice rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed in a King suite, and was surprised to find it truly was a suite! Separate living/kitchen room from the bed/bath area. I found the bed comfortable and there were lots of pillows. There's a TV in the living/kitchen area as well as one in the bedroom. The bedroom had a desk with chair, but I bet nobody would actually use it because there's a really good sized table in the kitchen that faces the tv and window. That table also has a phone and ethernet plug.

There's a free buffet breakfast in the morning which has the standard assortment of coffee, eggs, toast, bagels, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, etc. Seemed to be a good mix of foods, and the hot food seemed to be different each morning. Also, there's coffee and hot water for tea or hot chocolate available any time of the day from that area.

The kitchen in the rooms were fully stocked with cutlery, plates, bowls, glasses, pots, etc. There's a microwave, stove, dishwasher, and a full-sized fridge (empty). Pretty impressive - this would be very handy if staying at this hotel for a week or more.

I found the hotel to be quiet. It's near the hotel and every now and again I would hear planes. But not much more. Then I went to bed. My room was located on the first floor, right beside the pantry area for the breakfast area (room 117). At around 4am they start preparing for breakfast, and from my room I could hear everything. Cupboards opening and closing, constant beeping from ovens or something, water running, etc. It made it hard to continue sleeping.

The good thing was that when I complained the staff moved me to another room on the third floor that was very quiet (room 335). Except the bathroom ventilation duct was a little noisy, so I made sure to keep the door closed and it was not a problem. I was very happy that this hotel does not have individual heating/cooling units (that continually turn on/off and make lots of noise). I didn't adjust the room temperature as I found it was very comfortable.

I also took advantage of the free shuttle to/from the airport. The driver was friendly and I didn't have to wait long for a ride.

Overall, this was an excellent hotel. I will stay there again!

Room Tip: Don't sleep in room 117. It's beside the pantry and it will get loud in the morning!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dover, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Breakfast was okay, the service was great, & the room we stayed in was awesome~ very nice & spacious! I would definately recommend it for those with children or a group of freinds traveling together. There is a separate living area and a full kitchen.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were in town for a funeral and needed a suite with two rooms and a common area to host family and friends. It seemed like every hotel was booked and we were getting desperate to find a place. A room finally opened at Homewood and we snatched it. It was nice enough and worth the price. Rooms were ok, furniture a bit dated and everything a little dingy but no overt filth. The complimentary breakfast was standard and certainly nothing stood out. If you're staying here there is a great deli/cafe across the street in an office building that I highly recommend. If you want a cocktail there is the Champs in the Marriot right down the street but the prices are ridiculous for very little alcohol. Buy a bottle and take it to the room. Cheers.

• Stayed September 2012
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Have just completed my 3rd or 4th stay at this property. This is a typical Homewood Suites - a very comfortable stay in what feels more like a home than a hotel room. The secret weapon at this Homewood is the staff. Every staff member I encountered went out of their way to see if they could help me in anyway.
The suite was clean and furniture was functional and comfortable. I noticed that a little while after the housekeeper had cleaned my room, someone else came around behind her to ensure she had done a good job - of course she had done a great job.
Good dinners at night and good breakfasts in the morning. I received packages two different days during my stay and both times I don't think the FEDEX truck was off the property by the time the front desk was notifying me of my packages. Doesn't get much better than that.
I highly recommend this Homewood suites for you and I will be back there next month myself.

Room Tip: Any room should be fine
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Olmsted Falls, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Recently two friends and I stayed at Homewood Suites BWI for our annual girls' get-away, something we do yearly at cities across the country. We couldn't have been more pleased with the accommodations and extras that are offered by this hotel. Our suite was huge, very clean, and comfortable. The best part of our experience, however, was having a hotel shuttle service that enabled us to eat at the fabulous G & M restaurant, shop, and get to and from the light rail station. From there, we were able to explore all of Baltimore. The shuttle drivers were courteous and very friendly and helpful. All of us highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Very pleased with facilities, location, staff and proximity to the airport. Beautiful rooms, very spacious and very clean. Staff were extremely cordial and very knowledgeable. Food was good. And shuttle service was a exceptional friendly and very quick. I can not express what a great staff this facility has working. An exceptional value for such a top class hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had none of the problems mentioned in other reviews. Room was ready and clean. Food was similar to other Homewood Suites offerings. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We did not use the pool, but exercise room had good equipment and was well-kept. Wireless worked fine for me (albeit with HHonors account, don't know if this would apply to all guests?)

The price was the best in the area for Hilton properties and we had a flawless stay with appropriate services for a Homewood.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-BWI Airport? Share your experiences!